Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Synology DS418 (warm) - $465

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2021 8:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes

[Dell] Synology DS418 (warm) - $465

Use coupon code $15OFF$199+

Why are these going up in prices? Is it because of excessive QE?

Anyway, great canadian rebates have a boost on CB to 5% until Feb 15
Last edited by carniver on Feb 10th, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
38 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
electric0ant wrote: Showing $479.99 for me
My bad, forgot to mention coupon code
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
TaehoonK60879 wrote: same with rakutan 2%
Not as good as 5%
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
Not a bad NAS but stuck at 2GB memory. Good enough for average use but if you are using VMs or a lot of Plex connections, 4GB is better.
May 11, 2018
52 posts
30 upvotes
Darn... should we consider 8 or 16gb if we want to run number of VMs in parallel?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario
I have a DS218+. With two 4GB HDDs in it. They are getting full. I want to upgrade it. Waiting for a sale on HDDs. But I also have extra drives. So I was thinking a 4 bay NAS.

I don't even build my own PCs anymore, yet it's still a pretty expensive hobby... I don't know how some of you guys do it.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
Skilas wrote: I have a DS218+. With two 4GB HDDs in it. They are getting full. I want to upgrade it. Waiting for a sale on HDDs. But I also have extra drives. So I was thinking a 4 bay NAS.

I don't even build my own PCs anymore, yet it's still a pretty expensive hobby... I don't know how some of you guys do it.
Two 4GB HDDs? No wonder they're full already! Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
frankw wrote: Not a bad NAS but stuck at 2GB memory. Good enough for average use but if you are using VMs or a lot of Plex connections, 4GB is better.
This model doesn't have Intel processor so it can't run VMs.
Dec 8, 2019
225 posts
398 upvotes
Dell also has the QNAP TS-473-4G on sale for $899, if anyone is interested in a higher-end AMD-based model.

Also, it looks like both models are available through "Dell Technologies For Work" as well as the normal consumer site. 6% Rakuten (instead of 2% on the consumer version) and AMEX currently also has offers for Dell for Work (2 bonus MR per $1 on my Cobalt). Are there eligibility criteria for ordering through the "For Work" version of the site?
Feb 17, 2009
203 posts
31 upvotes
Thanks OP, was looking for this, but missed the sale at Newegg on Ebay. This was great since I was finally able to use my $85 dell dollars, plus the AMEX 10% Rebate, and Rakuten 6% cashback.
May 28, 2009
280 posts
316 upvotes
WeeWee wrote: https://www.newegg.ca/synology-ds720/p/ ... 6822108745
newegg have 720+ onsale 529.99 and - 20$ 509.99+ tax is better.

Just FYI ... the first # on the model is the bay # and the last 2 digit is the year.
The 720+ is on sale for $549.99, where are you getting the $40 off from?

420+ is $649.. is it worth another $200 over the 418 for an Intel CPU?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
kevinkuo wrote: Dell also has the QNAP TS-473-4G on sale for $899, if anyone is interested in a higher-end AMD-based model.

Also, it looks like both models are available through "Dell Technologies For Work" as well as the normal consumer site. 6% Rakuten (instead of 2% on the consumer version) and AMEX currently also has offers for Dell for Work (2 bonus MR per $1 on my Cobalt). Are there eligibility criteria for ordering through the "For Work" version of the site?
Interesting, but I couldn't apply the $15 coupon code on the for work site
May 22, 2014
491 posts
446 upvotes
a nas feels like something i should have and I want, but I don't know what I'd use it for anymore.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
WeeWee wrote: Just FYI ... the first # on the model is the bay # and the last 2 digit is the year.
Not really, 720 doesn't have 7 bays
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
thecontinental wrote: 420+ is $649.. is it worth another $200 over the 418 for an Intel CPU?
Ability to run VM/docker sounds cool, but I don't feel comfortable running services on my NAS. The celeron processor is weak and I don't want to risk running docker containers that could compromise my personal files. YMMV
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
davidqbp wrote: a nas feels like something i should have and I want, but I don't know what I'd use it for anymore.
I am migrating my photos backup from Google photos when their free unlimited high quality option expires in July of this year. Also I want to be able to backup my PC and a VSphere host using synology's backup software. It seems easier to use their first party packages, than having to install different pieces of backup software on different machines and also to do replication and RAID.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3747 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
davidqbp wrote: a nas feels like something i should have and I want, but I don't know what I'd use it for anymore.
I have a Synology NAS that I use as a personal cloud and not be at the mercy of a giant tech company.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)