• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 6:01 pm
[OP]
Nov 7, 2009
94 posts
68 upvotes

[Dell] USB-C to HDMI/Display Port Hub with 90W Power Delivery! $45.99

images.jpg
This looks like a VERY good deal for a USB-C hub that can do 4K @ 60hz. And it does 90W power delivery! More than capable to charge an iPad Pro, or other computers.

I was looking around for good ones and most only do 4K @ 30Hz. My use case would be to use this USB-C with an Ipad Pro to connect it to an external monitor and charge it at the same time. It looks like Dell's USB-C hub is made by BizLink (a major accessories manufacturer like CableMatters and others).

A comparable USB-C hub from Apple is $85.99 (the price never drops on that one). https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/M ... rt-adapter

As pointed out below, yes this accessory (whether its a hub or adapter), only ONE of the video inputs can be used at one time (whether its HDMI or Display Port). The fact that both are there though is great for you to use either. Just be aware of that.

I should also mention that for USB-C accessories like this, if you want 4k @ 60Hz then you cannot have DP/HDMI AND have multiple USB 3 ports at the same time. USB-C doesn't have the bandwidth to drive all of those connections. You would need to look at a thunderbolt hub which is much much more costly (over $200). I think the most comparable accessory to this one is the Apple one I linked above and given that this is half the price, looks like an instant buy.
Last edited by Hydraulics101 on Dec 12th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
82 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1448 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
I like that it has hdmi and displayport but seems like from reviews only one can be used at a time
Mar 7, 2011
174 posts
301 upvotes
Mississauga
Good option
Too bad no ports for mouse/keyboard etc
Aug 19, 2011
215 posts
76 upvotes
Markham
This is an adapter, not a hub, and based on some reviews it can only connect to one display at a time using either HDMI/DP.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10769 posts
5072 upvotes
How big would the power brick be that plugs into the wall?
90w charger seems like a good price then the extra features is a bonus.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Nov 7, 2009
94 posts
68 upvotes
I'm confused by your question. There is no power brick for this accessory - it doesnt need one, you have connections that plug into this.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3297 posts
2869 upvotes
Toronto
brensavoyton wrote: I like that it has hdmi and displayport but seems like from reviews only one can be used at a time
A Multi-Stream Transport (MST) hub is required to connect two displays at the same time.

DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST) Explained
How to Connect Multiple Monitors to a Laptop Using DisplayPort MST
https://www.tripplite.com/products/mult ... technology

https://www.primecables.ca/p-362092-cab ... rt-mst-hub

https://www.club-3d.com/en/technology/7 ... transport/
https://www.staples.ca/products/2984152 ... al-monitor
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3297 posts
2869 upvotes
Toronto
blazed16 wrote: How big would the power brick be that plugs into the wall?
90w charger seems like a good price then the extra features is a bonus.
A USB-C wall charger is not supplied with this adapter. They need to be purchased separately

RAVPower GaN Tech 90W 2-Port PD Wall Charger 3.0 Type C Fast Charging Adapter.
https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-RAVPower- ... 083ZBMJNT/

Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4 100W 4-Port Type-C Charging Station with Power Delivery
https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Charging-Po ... 07VSMK849/
Nov 24, 2017
210 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks, OP. I was looking for a USB C to HDMI at 4K 60. With my DELL rewards and 10% Unidays, came to $23, taxes included.
Feb 3, 2015
441 posts
332 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Does this work for Samsung Dex?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1218 posts
731 upvotes
AB
Question can I plug into a ryzen motherboard without a gpu attached and get output via this? I don’t want to dedicate a gpu to this machine (runs headless) but there are sometimes I briefly do want to view the OS locally and wonder if this is a cheap solution. Thanks
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14261 posts
4013 upvotes
Scarberia
instant buy if it did 4k at 120hz!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 23, 2016
335 posts
511 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I just got a cheapish version of this from PrimeCables to make my new chromebook a streaming device to my 720p LG plasma TV.

But when I play videos from Netflix and Prime it tends to crash the display and my TV goes "no source detected"

Would this higher quality usb-c to hdmi product fix that issue?
May 24, 2013
56 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
noxlen wrote: I just got a cheapish version of this from PrimeCables to make my new chromebook a streaming device to my 720p LG plasma TV.

But when I play videos from Netflix and Prime it tends to crash the display and my TV goes "no source detected"

Would this higher quality usb-c to hdmi product fix that issue?
I think the best solution for this given your tv is 720p would be to get a chromecast. Should be cheaper than this and work better.
Jun 23, 2016
335 posts
511 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
thearun wrote: I think the best solution for this given your tv is 720p would be to get a chromecast. Should be cheaper than this and work better.
Thanks...but can chromecast cast everything from movies on a SD card, to streaming apps, to web-based video? My understanding was I can't "cast" from an embedded web-based video which is critical as I watch sports from a browser based site.

Thanks again.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4458 posts
1378 upvotes
py2000 wrote: This is an adapter, not a hub, and based on some reviews it can only connect to one display at a time using either HDMI/DP.
One output at a time is likely limited by the USB bandwidth.
signature closed for renovation
Aug 26, 2008
918 posts
447 upvotes
Montreal
Just keep in mind it's better to have a detachable cable, if it's not long enough or the original cable fails.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3297 posts
2869 upvotes
Toronto
U4LIFE wrote: Question can I plug into a ryzen motherboard without a gpu attached and get output via this? I don’t want to dedicate a gpu to this machine (runs headless) but there are sometimes I briefly do want to view the OS locally and wonder if this is a cheap solution. Thanks
No, this is not a USB-C graphics card.
Aug 19, 2013
821 posts
693 upvotes
TORONTO
I wonder how it compares to this: amazon.ca/dp/B06XNS7W63

been looking at that.. at $30 but 60W PD
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1554 posts
1366 upvotes
Can you use your cellphone with this? Sounds like a good tool for karaoke nights, with bluetooth mic, after this virus is over.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360