[Dell] XPS 13 - i7-8565U,512GB,16GB for $1800 - 10% ebate - 10% email - others*

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 1:16 pm
[OP]
Jul 16, 2019
75 posts
54 upvotes

[Dell] XPS 13 - i7-8565U,512GB,16GB for $1800 - 10% ebate - 10% email - others*

Wondering if I may stack other promotions like the unicode you guys mentioned about.

I missed the razer stealth promo on Microsoft Store and this one seems not bad (I don't care about GPU)
I am able to get it down to 1539 + tax.

For those are students, go download the unidays app and get a code for youself. (they dont stack)
Who may explain ebate abit to me... this idea is new to me? see the kind-hearted person below.
Thanks so much
Images
  • WeChat Screenshot_20190821134059.png
Last edited by YuHeY32031 on Aug 21st, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Aug 18, 2019
5 posts
5 upvotes
YuHeY32031 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 1:44 pm
Wondering if I may stack other promotions like the unicode you guys mentioned about.

I missed the razer stealth promo on Microsoft Store and this one seems not bad (I don't care about GPU)
I am able to get it down to 1539 + tax.

P.S. can someone please share a unicode or other applicable promotion code to me?
Who may explain ebate abit to me... this idea is new to me?

Thanks so much
Hi,

I believe Dell disabled the Unicode stacking yesterday (If anyone could verify it would be appreciated).

For the ebates, I think there's currently still a 10% cash-back for Dell products.

For ebates, there's various guides out there but tl;dr: here's the steps I used (bear in mind there may be more efficient methods)
1.) Register on ebates (Canadian site)
2.) I strongly recommend to download their add-on for chrome (this will automatically prompt you for permission to activate the ebates).
3.) if you opt not to download the ebates add-on, you can click the respective vendor's redirect link (make sure you use this tab to order, so they can track your purchase).
4.) Once the purchase finalized, expect the ebates shortly after (delay depends on vendor, but from my experience with their competitor (Lenovo/Microsoft) , I received the ebates within 24hour)
5.) The ebates credit will be in your account, and they cash it out quarterly via physical cheque mail-outs, alternatively I think you can opt for Amazon Giftcards or Paypal (to be confirmed)?

Good luck
Aug 14, 2019
41 posts
30 upvotes
you can only use either 10% sign up discount or Unidays 10% off code. but not both...
Dec 21, 2015
524 posts
201 upvotes
Canada
Not sure if this is hot
i7 8th gen
No discrete gpu
unidays deal blocked
for this price point?
Last edited by FJF23J12DAZ on Aug 21st, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2017
37 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto-ON
Does this model also has the noise fan issues?
Just bought an inspiron 13 and when connected to an external monitor the fan is very loud.
Is it hard to return in the 30 days period?
Nov 19, 2017
23 posts
65 upvotes
Montréal
I'd like to warn anyone who wants to buy Dell XPS 13/15.
the massive problems of the swelling batteries in the XPS series have caused displacement of trackpads.
I'm the victim and Dell refused to take any responsibility of this issue which is definitely due to their poor design or battery of low quality.
Jun 27, 2019
12 posts
9 upvotes
IvensM066447 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 2:14 pm
Does this model also has the noise fan issues?
Just bought an inspiron 13 and when connected to an external monitor the fan is very loud.
Is it hard to return in the 30 days period?
No it's actually quite simple. I've returned laptops to them within 30 days on 2 occasions, and they have been extremely helpful on both.

I think the easiest way is to contact them via chat, and then select the Order Returns option on the drop down menu. After this you'll be linked to an employee, and you just request a return from them. They will offer you $50 to keep the laptop, but if you just say no, they proceed to process your return. And then you'll receive a return shipping label from Purolator within the next few hours (not sure why it takes so long)
[OP]
Jul 16, 2019
75 posts
54 upvotes
zinova wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 1:54 pm
Hi,

I believe Dell disabled the Unicode stacking yesterday (If anyone could verify it would be appreciated).

For the ebates, I think there's currently still a 10% cash-back for Dell products.

For ebates, there's various guides out there but tl;dr: here's the steps I used (bear in mind there may be more efficient methods)
1.) Register on ebates (Canadian site)
2.) I strongly recommend to download their add-on for chrome (this will automatically prompt you for permission to activate the ebates).
3.) if you opt not to download the ebates add-on, you can click the respective vendor's redirect link (make sure you use this tab to order, so they can track your purchase).
4.) Once the purchase finalized, expect the ebates shortly after (delay depends on vendor, but from my experience with their competitor (Lenovo/Microsoft) , I received the ebates within 24hour)
5.) The ebates credit will be in your account, and they cash it out quarterly via physical cheque mail-outs, alternatively I think you can opt for Amazon Giftcards or Paypal (to be confirmed)?

Good luck
Thanks for the detail information. I really appreciate it! This will certainly benefit alot of the new folks in RFD!!!
[OP]
Jul 16, 2019
75 posts
54 upvotes
mtlstan wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 2:40 pm
I'd like to warn anyone who wants to buy Dell XPS 13/15.
the massive problems of the swelling batteries in the XPS series have caused displacement of trackpads.
I'm the victim and Dell refused to take any responsibility of this issue which is definitely due to their poor design or battery of low quality.
Dam... ppl are definitely paying premium because they are XPS series.
Is it still safe to use?
Nov 23, 2018
476 posts
475 upvotes
lol, go with Macbook Air at this price point.
No keyboard nor battery issue with MBA.
[OP]
Jul 16, 2019
75 posts
54 upvotes
FJF23J12DAZ wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 2:08 pm
Not sure if this is hot
i7 8th gen
No discrete gpu
unidays deal blocked
for this price point?
I guess this gears towards people who likes portability and battery life.
If you are a gamer or content creator, there are better values in 15.6'' laptops equipped with discrete GPU.

Maybe the next big one is on Lenovo, but i have a feeling its gonna be a bust.
Jan 16, 2017
14 posts
Just ordered this. Came up to 1255 (ontario tax) minus $130 ebates = 1125$ tax in
@moderator I have no idea how a massive sight like this allows people to ask for codes.
People are so lazy and this makes them more lazy. 90% of the people here know someone in UNI so it would take just a little effort to find a UNiDAYS code like I did.

Please stop asking people for codes and MODS please do something about it.
the double stack deal got shut down because people abused the deal.
btw PERKOPOLIS works with 10% off sign up email coupon.
Aug 30, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
Not worth it at $1800 (could get a much better brand new XPS 15 for less), but if you're able to purchase it for $1300 or less I'd buy it.
[OP]
Jul 16, 2019
75 posts
54 upvotes
spthedon wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 3:33 pm
Just ordered this. Came up to 1255 (ontario tax) minus $130 ebates = 1125$ tax in
@moderator I have no idea how a massive sight like this allows people to ask for codes.
People are so lazy and this makes them more lazy. 90% of the people here know someone in UNI so it would take just a little effort to find a UNiDAYS code like I did.

Please stop asking people for codes and MODS please do something about it.
the double stack deal got shut down because people abused the deal.
btw PERKOPOLIS works with 10% off sign up email coupon.
I didn't even know how unicodes are generated. I checked myself and I am eligible for it...
modified thread.

How did you get down to $1255? thx
Dec 4, 2017
37 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto-ON
spthedon wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 3:33 pm
How did you get the $1255?