Expired Hot Deals

Dell Black Friday

XPS desktop RTX3060 Ti (LHR) i5-11400 $1299-$1349 -12% rakuten

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2022 10:30 am
[OP]
Member
Jan 15, 2011
475 posts
1024 upvotes
Ottawa

[Dell] [Black Friday] XPS desktop RTX3060 Ti (LHR) i5-11400 $1299-$1349 -12% rakuten

Probably the cheapest RTX3060 Ti desktop? Might need to swap out the ram and add an SSD but those are cheap to replace.
Service manual: https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en ... lang=en-us

Tech Specs
Processor

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11400 processor(6-Core, 12M Cache, 2.6GHz to 4.4GHz)
Operating System
Windows 11 Home, English
Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB (LHR)
Hard Drive
1TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD
Memory
8GB, 8Gx1, DDR4, 2933MHz
Wireless
Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1


EDIT:
There's a cheaper way to upgrade if you have a sign up code: Sign up for 10% code here
Select https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktop ... 0ser_s110e
Upgrade to 3060 Ti for $100 more
Select 2x8gb ram for dual channel ram.
This comes with a 512gb SSD.
Total with 10% coupon is $1350.


processor
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11400 processor(6-Core, 12M Cache, 2.6GHz to 4.4GHz)
Windows 11 Home, English

videocard
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB (LHR)

memory
16GB, 8Gx2, DDR4, 2933MHz

harddrive
512 GB, M.2, PCIe NVMe, SSD
Last edited by colonelsmoke on Nov 29th, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
290 replies
Newbie
Jul 9, 2020
21 posts
11 upvotes
the price is good but without ssd but we can very well install an ssd any computer in 21 should be sold with an ssd! ..
no code works on this purchase?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 2, 2013
701 posts
707 upvotes
Barrie
They know what they're doing with this. It's basically a GPU CPU combo you're getting here like what Canada computers does
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1320 posts
152 upvotes
Single channel 8gb ram.

Like previous poster said- essentially just a CPU/GPU bundle and some other crap thrown in lol. But yes - both are a pretty cheap fix
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
10316 posts
11930 upvotes
Toronto
Lucie80 wrote: the price is good but without ssd but we can very well install an ssd any computer in 21 should be sold with an ssd! ..
no code works on this purchase?
10% email newsletter sign up codes are disabled for this since it is a Cyber Monday limited quantity sale
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1622 posts
1117 upvotes
Edmonton AB
Throw away the 8GB stick and buy a set for $75ish to upgrade to 16GB and install an SSD for $50ish, decent computer for under $1400 (after Rakuten).

Edit - actually put it up on BST forums, guaranteed someone from here will need a stick to match theirs.
Last edited by iamsiege on Nov 29th, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
User avatar
Mar 6, 2019
418 posts
589 upvotes
Toronto
Extra $100 for 16gb of RAM dual channel is highly recommended if you go for this. M.2 SSDs are super cheap right now too, just grab one off Amazon and you have an excellent PC for a great price in 2021.
Member
Sep 6, 2009
350 posts
320 upvotes
You can just buy a better dual channel kit of 16GB RAM instead of their upgrade for less money and you get an extra dell proprietary 8gb ram stick to slice your tomatoes with
Newbie
Nov 11, 2021
74 posts
17 upvotes
i bought this a couple weeks earlier, it was the same price but with 8% rakuten

I think this is a good deal, i got the 3070 and edit just realised i bought 8x sticks not necessarely dual channel,
hmmm not sure if 16GB, 8Gx2, DDR4, 2933MHz means dual....
the other option came to a 1799 before tax,
was i ok with the 1650 or i just screwdup?

you then upgrade the cooler to a noctua fan and add SSD yourself, im hoping to get some D2R 4k gaming

i could cancel and order it back for 70 $.... (4%)not sure if i want it faster or later lmao,

i got confirmation but my credit card wasnt billed since its still ''in production''
new to rakuten so does rakuten happen when the credit card is billed or before? like if i actually missed my rakuten when i bought (i had issues w card so tried multiple times) should i just rebuy

would u guys rebuy for 70$?

can anyone confirm if trheir rakuten comes in right away or how fast is your rakuten w dell?
Newbie
Nov 11, 2021
74 posts
17 upvotes
OleSolskjaer wrote: Extra $100 for 16gb of RAM dual channel is highly recommended if you go for this. M.2 SSDs are super cheap right now too, just grab one off Amazon and you have an excellent PC for a great price in 2021.
is this dual channel 16GB, 8Gx2, DDR4, 2933MHz or do i absolutely need 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2933 MHz, dual channel

dual channel will cost 1799 not 1650 right?
??

and if can somone confirm no other coupon works with this
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
10316 posts
11930 upvotes
Toronto
bluefire9262 wrote: is this dual channel 16GB, 8Gx2, DDR4, 2933MHz or do i absolutely need 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2933 MHz, dual channel

dual channel will cost 1799 not 1650 right?
You can choose "16GB, 8Gx2, DDR4, 2933MHz" for dual channel

from XPS 8940 Setup and Specifications
https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/xps-8940- ... _en-us.pdf

Memory configurations supported
  • 8 GB, 2 x 4 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 8 GB, 1 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM
  • 16 GB, 2 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 16 GB, 1 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM
  • 32 GB, 1 x 32 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM
  • 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 64 GB, 2 x 32 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 64 GB, 4 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 128 GB, 4 x 32 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
Newbie
Nov 11, 2021
74 posts
17 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: You can choose "16GB, 8Gx2, DDR4, 2933MHz" for dual channel

from XPS 8940 Setup and Specifications
https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/xps-8940- ... _en-us.pdf

Memory configurations supported
  • 8 GB, 2 x 4 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 8 GB, 1 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM
  • 16 GB, 2 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 16 GB, 1 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM
  • 32 GB, 1 x 32 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM
  • 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 64 GB, 2 x 32 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 64 GB, 4 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
  • 128 GB, 4 x 32 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz/2933 MHz, UDIMM, dual-channel
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktop ... 437a16e3b5

sorry ima big noobie, the build with 3070 and dual channel si how much? 1650 or 1799?

i thought 8x2 meant dual channel did they jsut not specify it? i need +100 or +250?

and if its +250 can i upgrade it later or its kinda hard
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1903 posts
1278 upvotes
Calgary
oh man, if this wasn't LHR I'd buy a boat of them.
Newbie
Nov 11, 2021
74 posts
17 upvotes
Suthek wrote: oh man, if this wasn't LHR I'd buy a boat of them.
do i really have to spend (w rtx 3070) 1799 for dual channel or is the 1650 option ok? is it more complicated than <<8x2>> means dual
Newbie
Apr 10, 2005
98 posts
39 upvotes
does Dell make their own GPU board like they do with their custom mobo or do they use off the shelf 3rd party made gpu? I've seen some older horror stories of cheaply made gpu's from dell that perform at about 50-70% of a 3rd party gpu. ie:
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
21476 posts
1583 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Suthek wrote: oh man, if this wasn't LHR I'd buy a boat of them.
Me too!
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
10316 posts
11930 upvotes
Toronto
bluefire9262 wrote: https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktop ... 437a16e3b5

sorry ima big noobie, the build with 3070 and dual channel si how much? 1650 or 1799?

i thought 8x2 meant dual channel did they jsut not specify it? i need +100 or +250?

and if its +250 can i upgrade it later or its kinda hard
Build with 3070 and 16GB (8GBx2) of dual channel memory is $1649,99

Yes, Dell just did not specify it

Upgrading RAM can be done later, it is easy

The Dell service manual has the instructions to do it or YouTube has many videos on how to do it.

XPS 8940 Service Manual
https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/xps-8940- ... _en-us.pdf
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
568 posts
790 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Anyone could add %10 UNiDAYS student discount to this deal?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1903 posts
1278 upvotes
Calgary
bluefire9262 wrote: do i really have to spend (w rtx 3070) 1799 for dual channel or is the 1650 option ok? is it more complicated than <<8x2>> means dual
no idea what you're on about. not sure what this has to do with my comment?
I'd just throw the rest of the computer in the garbage after pulling a non-LHR card out and shucking the computer...
but again that was just me wishing and dreaming that non-LHR cards existed still.
I bought a evga 3090 a few months back. was ok. but just not as satisfying as a decent 3060ti deal.
Last edited by Suthek on Nov 29th, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2018
641 posts
689 upvotes
Canada
Suthek wrote: no idea what you're on about. not sure what this has to do with my comment?
I'd just throw the rest of the computer in the garbage after pulling a non-LHR card out and shucking the computer...
but again that was just me wishing and dreaming that non-LHR cards existed still.
RTX 3060 from dell is non-lhr

Top