XPS desktop RTX3060 Ti (LHR) i5-11400 $1299-$1349 -12% rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2022 1:48 am
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
anyone else seen or heard anything from rakuten on this purchase yet? or, denied like moneyq ?
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1670 posts
787 upvotes
YYC
crashxxx wrote: anyone else seen or heard anything from rakuten on this purchase yet? or, denied like moneyq ?
Still waiting for my 12% from Boxing Day
Oct 2, 2016
617 posts
277 upvotes
Ordered Nov 26th, delivered today. I know holidays and weather conditions contributed a lot, but I am really hesitated to buy from Dell anymore. Also I am still waiting for $100 credit and 12% cashback.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
BensonNV wrote:
Still waiting for my 12% from Boxing Day
zhaobinis1 wrote: Ordered Nov 26th, delivered today. I know holidays and weather conditions contributed a lot, but I am really hesitated to buy from Dell anymore. Also I am still waiting for $100 credit and 12% cashback.
according to rakuten: cashback can take "up to 45 days", right? .. my BF purchase still hasn't given cashback yet, they only have 4 more days apparently. my first purchase of the i9-11900k w/3070 was on Nov 29th. I have initiated the return process but have since decided to keep that machine, being that I've already extracted the GPU LOL.

my second purchase was on Dec 26th, BD. 45 days from then is Feb 9th.

what I do know about the dell credits, they won't get processed until your CC is charged (within a day or two), when the machine ships out. I've never had any issues receiving those. they seem to be automatically processed. that said, I've never had to wait more than 1 - 2 weeks to see cashback from Dell prior to this, nor had to chase it down.

a delay I can live with, definately leaves a poor taste. if CB doesn't come through at all, that's the end of my dealings with Dell.

@Coz4k as per your post about buying 7 below, did you see any/all of the rakuten yet?
Coz4k wrote: That is what i picked.

7 of them.

So i guess its a good choice.

Woodstock, ON
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5077 posts
1479 upvotes
crashxxx wrote: according to rakuten: cashback can take "up to 45 days", right? .. my BF purchase still hasn't given cashback yet, they only have 4 more days apparently. my first purchase of the i9-11900k w/3070 was on Nov 29th. I have initiated the return process but have since decided to keep that machine, being that I've already extracted the GPU LOL.
With Dell, there can be times when it can be substantially longer to get but Rakuten will keep working at it if you let them know. I made a laptop purchase on August 31, made a complaint after about 45 days when it didn't show up yet and it finally just showed up yesterday.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1682 posts
102 upvotes
Ship date just got rescheduled for me again to Jan 31st! More than 2 months after ordering and I am not confident. No cashback from Rakuten and based on the responses I have 0 confidence in that turning up.

I sure hope a better deal comes along as I'd love to cancel this order at this stage. I had also separately ordered a monitor from dell which promptly "shipped" but the purolator tracking is just "label created" since then.

The only positive thing I can say about Dell is that their email support responds very quickly. They aren't particularly helpful but they do respond within 24hrs.
Oct 2, 2016
617 posts
277 upvotes
Anyone has problems checking their CPU and case fan speed using softwares like HWMonitor or Speedfan? I have tried multiple softwares, and they all fail to detect my CPU and case fan. The 2 GPU fans can be detected no problem. I know the cpu fan and case fan are working normally and controlled by the motherboard. But I can't read the speed info, or make changes to fan speed curves. There is one way that I can check the fan speed in bios, but it hides deeply, plus you cannot make any changes to fan speed curves in bios. This makes me wonder if it is because the motherboard Dell use is not supported by all the softwares? I can see the motherboard info in HWInfo: DELL 0K3CM7. But not the fans.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2128 posts
837 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI. It's a piece of cake to sell the 3060Ti for $1000 to $1200 on Kijiji or eBay. The crypto miners are desperate for quality GPU's. There is integrated graphics with the CPU if you don't have another card lying around.

Still no cashback from Rakuten who point their fingers at Dell. If anyone is successful please take a moment to give the rest of us some hope.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
pauldryan wrote: FYI. It's a piece of cake to sell the 3060Ti for $1000 to $1200 on Kijiji or eBay. The crypto miners are desperate for quality GPU's. There is integrated graphics with the CPU if you don't have another card lying around.

Still no cashback from Rakuten who point their fingers at Dell. If anyone is successful please take a moment to give the rest of us some hope.
good to know about selling the dell lhr cards, if desired. I wasn't able to find any sold listings on the dell lhr cards easily.. maybe I didn't look hard enough.

I still haven't seen cb for the i9 11900k w/ rtx 3070 that arrived on dec 16th. decided to keep it after I posted sons 2060 super on ebay and got what I wanted to for it. he's been running the 3070 pulled from the xps i9 for over a week now and loves it. the $ from the ebay sale of his old card will offset the cost of the i9 (by about 50%). when i cancelled my cancellation I got that rep onto inquiring about my cb with rakuten after I told him about the finger pointing towards dell being the issue. he assured me I'd see it in 4 - 5 business days. still haven't.

my i5 11600k w/3060Ti has been sitting at confirmed since boxing day. I created a sep email inquiry about that, wasn't offered a credit... how are you guys doing that? lol
the est ship day on it was yesterday and deliv date is the 19th. still hasn't entered production though lol. I'm in no rush but want that cb for both.

finally have a new monitor ordered. no eta on that yet either (amazon). kept missing great best buy open box deals. boo.

just need to track down a great price on a new case and mobo (or used) to start transplanting the i9 11900k and use the 3060Ti with it, if it ever ships.

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1682 posts
102 upvotes
Delayed again to February 14 for a Nov 29th order. No cashback. Basically comical at this point.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
mine mentioned in my above post was delayed again as well. cancelled yesterday morning and ordered the i7 prebuilt with the 3060Ti that was in stock "ready to ship" .

this morning found another brand/model come into stock elsewhere that hasn't been in stock since the fall I think (lenovo). ordered that.

cancelled the prebuilt i7 / 3060Ti xps that was supposed to ship out today.

here's the kicker..... lenovo also had cashback, which was showing in my rakuten within literally 4 min of completing my order. still haven't seen the cash back for the i9 xps delivered dec 16th. this is a CLEAR indication that it is in fact Dell that is the problem not confirming orders with rakuten and not rakuten holding out.

Woodstock, ON
Apr 2, 2004
265 posts
144 upvotes
Burnaby
kool_buddy wrote: I am in the same boat as delayed delivery, $100 credit and then new delivery update. I just re-read Dell's email on the $100 credit so now I assume it will be credited back after the delivery.

"The credit will be posted back to your original mode of payment after your order is delivered."
Has anyone actually received the $100 shipping delay credit on their CC?

It's been almost a month since I received the unit and still nothing.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
satoshi wrote: Has anyone actually received the $100 shipping delay credit on their CC?

I'd get on dell about it. if they say they're issuing a credit, as soon it's noted on the open order, the credit typically processes as soon as the order ships. like they charge the cc and credit the cc.

Woodstock, ON
Nov 23, 2014
11 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
satoshi wrote: Has anyone actually received the $100 shipping delay credit on their CC?

Received my $100 shipping delay credit right away after delivery, and only got my 12% rakuten cashback today (from black friday order) after submitting a 'where's my cash back' request over a month ago.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
I received an email from Dell 3 days ago from an account rep that said 'rest assured they would ensure that I'd get the cash back within the next few business days'. I just got the subscription notification that btherm posted above. just checked my rakuten and it's there for my i9 purchase on black Friday as well. way to hold out until the bitter end Dell.

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1670 posts
787 upvotes
YYC
I finally got my cashback from ruketen on my Boxing Day purchase . Over $300 lol
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2128 posts
837 upvotes
Ottawa
I finally got my 12% cashback ($240) from a purchase on November 29th and shipped on December 13th.

Finally.
yadda, yadda, yadda