Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1952 posts
1406 upvotes
Calgary
FlyingSausage wrote: RTX 3060 from dell is non-lhr
but a 3060...non ti... is like... factory low hash? Winking Face
hehe

anyway, this looks like a decent deal for a budget PC.

add a $100 NVME drive from amazon and you got yourself a really decent PC.
Upgrade ram would be optional and something that could be done later. NVME now for sure.

The problem is you'd need to know how to transfer the windows session over to the NVME drive.
So you kind of want to do that before you start using the computer. likely just want to do a clean windows install to make it easy. Makes the deal a little more "assembly required" than a mom&pop deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1621 posts
2035 upvotes
actually good deal.

RAM and SSD are dirty cheap. get RAM on ebay or kijiji, SSD from Amazon.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Jun 16, 2021
216 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
What is the estimated shipping date?

I had an order to ship on Dec-1 that is now updated to ship on Dec-13. (Do you know if they give some coupons for the delay or something like that?)

By the way, I paid with debit (that has a daily limit less than the value), if the payment dont go through do I have a chance to remake it? I dont want to call my bank every couple of days to authorize the value until Dell charges it.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1621 posts
2035 upvotes
SPYderBra wrote: What is the estimated shipping date?

I had an order to ship on Dec-1 that is now updated to ship on Dec-13. (Do you know if they give some coupons for the delay or something like that?)

By the way, I paid with debit (that has a daily limit less than the value), if the payment dont go through do I have a chance to remake it? I dont want to call my bank every couple of days to authorize the value until Dell charges it.
for credit card, it wont get charged until its shipped
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Feb 28, 2021
206 posts
361 upvotes
Tbh reasonable If you need a gpu and CPU. The whole thing serviceable until you slowly upgrade the other components
Jun 16, 2021
216 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
GammaRayFort wrote: for credit card, it wont get charged until its shipped
I paid with debit (had to increase my online transaction limit for the day), it was charged, then the next week refunded.
Sep 9, 2021
3 posts
If I upgrade for the 11600K for 150$, does it upgrade the cooler too and is it worth it?
With 12% rakuten+10% unidays +7% extra discount cuz I had an issue with one of their monitor it’ll only be 100$ for the upgrade
I heard Kseries chip get a different cooler than the non k version is it true?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2912 posts
1232 upvotes
Worth thinking about, after watching some youtube videos, these things come with 550w psu which aren't going to deliver a good umpf, also the PSU is wacky custom nonsense that would be hard to replace thanks to how tightly everything is packed in this case.

This looks like a shucker's system.

That price and ONLY 8GB of ram and a NON-SSD drive in 2021.

You can't buy this one without feeling a sore bottom.
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5649 posts
3415 upvotes
West Vancouver
Suthek wrote: but a 3060...non ti... is like... factory low hash? Winking Face
hehe

Upgrade ram would be optional and something that could be done later. NVME now for sure.

The problem is you'd need to know how to transfer the windows session over to the NVME drive.
So you kind of want to do that before you start using the computer. likely just want to do a clean windows install to make it easy. Makes the deal a little more "assembly required" than a mom&pop deal.
40-50 mh is respectable imho for the 3060 non lhr
Mar 6, 2019
439 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
Suthek wrote: but a 3060...non ti... is like... factory low hash? Winking Face
hehe

Any recommendations on NVMe drives? I was looking at the cheap crucial ones, this won't be a primary PC for me but I just bought one and want to throw in a boot drive.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1952 posts
1406 upvotes
Calgary
Coz4k wrote: 40-50 mh is respectable imho for the 3060 non lhr
yea but that's basically a 3060ti LHR also.
and basically the same price? no?

don't see that many 3060 (non-ti) deals popping up.
Mar 24, 2020
66 posts
109 upvotes
That's a stellar deal if you don't mind buying more RAM, a new case, a new CPU cooler and a new PSU lol
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1952 posts
1406 upvotes
Calgary
OleSolskjaer wrote: Any recommendations on NVMe drives? I was looking at the cheap crucial ones, this won't be a primary PC for me but I just bought one and want to throw in a boot drive.
Probably overkill but this is a really good drive for $125

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-980-Gen3- ... =8-30&th=1

You could probably get a budget drive for like $90-$100 though. (which is probably more fitting for this budget PC)
Sep 16, 2011
821 posts
1346 upvotes
LONDON
adam1799 wrote: That's a stellar deal if you don't mind buying more RAM, a new case, a new CPU cooler and a new PSU lol
I don't think you can buy a newer case, no? Usually Dell and Acer make their own motherboards which don't fit unless I am mistaken
Nov 11, 2021
74 posts
17 upvotes
everything went well, i ordered another PC with the 12% rakuten and canceled my other exact same order with the 8% rakuten
estimated delivery date went 1 day forward, all good

i truly think a 3070 build with a noctua cooler homemade upgrade and a SSD added homemade is worth it, best black friday deal 2021 for a desktop 30series
dont forget dual channel, 3% dell rewards and 12%rakuten

comes out to about 1611 $ tax in +150 (homemade upgrades) for a 4k gaming pc (or at least a very nice 1440p

if you dont want to open the pc up, make sure to upgrade the cooler from dell stock to dell premium cooler, go for 3060ti in this case and just do 1440, you can probly get out in the 1450's range
Nov 19, 2020
20 posts
38 upvotes
Got one thanks OP.
came to $1,549.99 before tax and rakuten. with 3070, everything else unchanged
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1621 posts
2035 upvotes
would why you have to upgrade the cpu cooler for i5 11400 ??

i know you dont. just buy some cheap RAM and SSD and you are good
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Nov 11, 2021
74 posts
17 upvotes
PanzerVanguard wrote: Got one thanks OP.
came to $1,549.99 before tax and rakuten. with 3070, everything else unchanged
you shouldve gotten dual channel vs 100more tho imo

8x2
GammaRayFort wrote: would why you have to upgrade the cpu cooler for i5 11400 ??

i know you dont. just buy some cheap RAM and SSD and you are good
its better to buy the non upgraded stock cooler and upgrade to noctua, move the cheap fan as side exhaust
tons of videos online.
Also, the Grub screws now ship to canada, (if u see that video)
Last edited by bluefire9262 on Nov 29th, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)