Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] YMMV XPS 13 2in1 7390 i7-1065G7 16GB LPDDR4x 256GB SSD $1647 + 10% cashback

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2020 12:59 pm
[OP]
Sep 28, 2009
154 posts
479 upvotes
Leduc,AB

[Dell] YMMV XPS 13 2in1 7390 i7-1065G7 16GB LPDDR4x 256GB SSD $1647 + 10% cashback

This is one of the better (if not best) current 2 in 1 laptops and one of the few with a 16:10 LCD panel.

1) Current sale price of $1829 can be reduced by 10% with MPP email coupon:
https://www.dell.com/learn/ca/en/cadhs1 ... gns/mpp-ca
2) Also eligible for 10% cash back at:
https://www.rakuten.ca/dell-consumer

Net cost is: $1483 which is an excellent price for this configuration

Also add 3% rewards (around $50 for a future purchase) by enrolling as a Dell Advantage Member

Reviews at: https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/lapto ... -in-1-2019
19 replies
Sep 15, 2017
9 posts
58 upvotes
Kelowna
Is it possible to participate in Dell MPP without a company mail?
[OP]
Sep 28, 2009
154 posts
479 upvotes
Leduc,AB
Alessio87 wrote: Is it possible to participate in Dell MPP without a company mail?
I used a university email. Not sure if there are other options.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3383 posts
1841 upvotes
Dell 10% Coupon + Rakuten 10% and Dell Canada sales prices make even the Dell Home USA or Dell Outlet prices to shame. I've been shopping all three since Presidents day sales and Dell Canada with the convenience and hassle free home deliver beat out cross-border deals from the states today. Too bad Rakuten.ca isn't 15%. Rakuten.com is only 2% with Dell Home USA.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1605 posts
486 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm really interested in the New XPS 13 (2020) but the deals seem kinda cold. I asked Dell for a quote and they said they're having technical difficulties making a quote applying manual discounts. All the other configs are delivering in a month and a half, and the "ready to ship" config is $1619.99 after 10% discount... I want the 10th gen Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD.

I know there's 10% Rakuten but even with additional 10% off it ends up being a bit more than a hundred dollars more expensive than the Surface Laptop 3 ($1349). Surface Laptop 3 bundle from Costco comes with a free Microsoft Arc Mouse which is retail valued at $74.99, so the laptop itself ends up being cheaper than $1349.

I really want the thinnest bezels on the Dell XPS 13 2020, but looks like Microsoft is having a $380 off big sale on the Surface devices right now... I know Microsoft Surface has a worse reputation regarding repairability and reliability than Dell XPS, but I just might have to go Microsoft Surface this time...

The fact that the XPS 13 (2020) only has 2 USB C ports is kind of a dealbreaker as well. It charges by USB C so I'd have all the ports taken up charging and displaying to my monitor at home. That means I would have to buy a Bluetooth mouse which is about $19.99. The Surface Laptop 3 doesn't have this problem as they have a separate proprietary charging port so that leaves two free USB C and USB A ports.

Any opinions? I'm kinda surprised that the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 ends up being the cheapest option between the competition right now. I'm not considering HP Spectre X360 or Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon because of negative experiences, and the fact that they're several hundred dollars more expensive than these two.
Jan 12, 2004
614 posts
173 upvotes
tablo13 wrote:
The fact that the XPS 13 (2020) only has 2 USB C ports is kind of a dealbreaker as well. It charges by USB C so I'd have all the ports taken up charging and displaying to my monitor at home. That means I would have to buy a Bluetooth mouse which is about $19.99. The Surface Laptop 3 doesn't have this problem as they have a separate proprietary charging port so that leaves two free USB C and USB A ports.
The 2 USB c ports isn't a big deal since you can use a USB hub that has power pass through. I have power, display, Ethernet and my wireless (not bt) keyboard and mouse running off a single USB c port on another laptop. Not having a USB A port is probably more annoying since you can't quickly plug in a USB key.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1605 posts
486 upvotes
Edmonton
Mr Snuff wrote: The 2 USB c ports isn't a big deal since you can use a USB hub that has power pass through. I have power, display, Ethernet and my wireless (not bt) keyboard and mouse running off a single USB c port on another laptop. Not having a USB A port is probably more annoying since you can't quickly plug in a USB key.
Yes but that means I would have to buy another USB hub Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes which is probably like $60? I'm not sure. The XPS 13 comes with a USB-C to USB-A adapter anyway so never found that to be a problem.
[OP]
Sep 28, 2009
154 posts
479 upvotes
Leduc,AB
tablo13 wrote:
I know there's 10% Rakuten but even with additional 10% off it ends up being a bit more than a hundred dollars more expensive than the Surface Laptop 3 ($1349). Surface Laptop 3 bundle from Costco comes with a free Microsoft Arc Mouse which is retail valued at $74.99, so the laptop itself ends up being cheaper than $1349.
Granted $1349 at Costco is cheaper in absolute terms but with this laptop you are getting and extra 8 GB of RAM and an i7 (vs i5) processor.

Suface Laptop 3s have an issue with cracking screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/sur ... f2e82b718c

I really like the 2 in 1 form factor of the Dell.
May 31, 2010
44 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
If anyone has an MPP code I'd appreciate a PM.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1605 posts
486 upvotes
Edmonton
prae wrote: If anyone has an MPP code I'd appreciate a PM.
Is the MPP more than 10% off? You can get 10% off by signing up for newsletters.
Jan 12, 2004
614 posts
173 upvotes
tablo13 wrote: Is the MPP more than 10% off? You can get 10% off by signing up for newsletters.
That's what I had to do since the MPP only gave me 5% off for some reason. Maybe it's different by company?
May 31, 2010
44 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
tablo13 wrote: Is the MPP more than 10% off? You can get 10% off by signing up for newsletters.
huh I had no idea. I'll look into that, thanks!
Jul 14, 2019
379 posts
642 upvotes
An extra $100 buys you an XPS 15 with an H series CPU and a dedicated GPU - this is too much money for no dGPU, low wattage CPU, and 13" screen, in my opinion. It's a good laptop but there are better deals to be had IMO.

Also note that in many cases the i5's perform better than the i7's because they don't throttle nearly as quick - I am not sure if that is also the case with this specific model, but I wouldn't buy one without finding out first as there may be money to be saved with better performance to boot.