Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DellRefurbished.ca

Dell E7450 refurb 8gb 256ssd i5 1920 x 1080 touch $464.25 + tax & shipping

Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays

[DellRefurbished.ca] Dell E7450 refurb 8gb 256ssd i5 1920 x 1080 touch $464.25 + tax & shipping

With coupon code SUMMER25, dellrefurbished.ca has some very good deals right now. https://www.dellrefurbished.ca/laptops? ... term=%25za
I bought this model yesterday.
E7450
Display: 14" FHD Touch (1920 x 1080)
Processor: Intel Core i5 (i5-5300U) 2.30 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 256 GB
Grade A
Came to $464.25 + tax & shipping.

As of now, there were 6 remaining of this configuration. The code works on many machines. Expires tomorrow.
Last edited by smacd on Aug 16th, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
I'll wait for Bauer to offer something similar for $100 less.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
UWOD2020 wrote: good for school?
Light weight, business grade and 8gb in one slot with another available. I'd say it's good for school. https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2481628,00.asp
These ones do have a touch screen, unlike the review.
"PROS
Rugged, MIL-SPEC-grade construction. Removable battery. Bright, crisp 1080p screen. Two pointing devices. Solid-state drive offers decent storage. Good connectivity. Comfortable keyboard. 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0. Compatible with wired and WiGig wireless docks.

CONS
No touch screen.

BOTTOM LINE
The Dell Latitude 14 7000 Series (E7450) business ultrabook has plenty to keep you productive at work, including a bright 1080p HD screen, a rugged build, a fifth-generation Core i5 power, and 10+ hours of battery life."
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1915 posts
4828 upvotes
smacd wrote: Light weight, business grade and 8gb in one slot with another available. I'd say it's good for school. https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2481628,00.asp
These ones do have a touch screen, unlike the review.
"PROS
Rugged, MIL-SPEC-grade construction. Removable battery. Bright, crisp 1080p screen. Two pointing devices. Solid-state drive offers decent storage. Good connectivity. Comfortable keyboard. 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0. Compatible with wired and WiGig wireless docks.

CONS
No touch screen.

BOTTOM LINE
The Dell Latitude 14 7000 Series (E7450) business ultrabook has plenty to keep you productive at work, including a bright 1080p HD screen, a rugged build, a fifth-generation Core i5 power, and 10+ hours of battery life."
I actually never use the touchscreen, so even if it didn't have one it wouldn't be a problem. In that sense, would I be able to save more with other models who don't have touch screen. Is windows 8 ok?

On another note, when I receive the product, what should I check for to make sure it is good?
Apr 10, 2009
262 posts
317 upvotes
The only bad thing about these models is that the i5-5300U is getting long in the tooth. 8th gens can be gotten in sub $650 laptops now and are twice as fast on multicore and 1/3 on single core. So yeah, not recommended for photoshop/3d/programming projects after 1st year etc. They are laptops from 2015 after all.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
pres_00 wrote: The only bad thing about these models is that the i5-5300U is getting long in the tooth. 8th gens can be gotten in sub $650 laptops now and are twice as fast on multicore and 1/3 on single core. So yeah, not recommended for photoshop/3d/programming projects after 1st year etc. They are laptops from 2015 after all.
A sub $650 laptop is going to be nowhere near the build quality of these, though.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
pres_00 wrote: The only bad thing about these models is that the i5-5300U is getting long in the tooth. 8th gens can be gotten in sub $650 laptops now and are twice as fast on multicore and 1/3 on single core. So yeah, not recommended for photoshop/3d/programming projects after 1st year etc. They are laptops from 2015 after all.
Those students that use for that would be aiming higher anyways and those who use it for MS office and related software hasn't seen a difference since forever. It's more like $700 with similar specs.

Though I think better deals can be had once a better coupon comes out. $400 would be a better price point.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'll wait for Bauer to offer something similar for $100 less.
Don't they already offer something around that?

Anyway eBay coupons, when they pop up, can be real good too. Purchased back in May, I got an E7240 i7-4600U, 8GB, 128GB mSATA, 1080p touchscreen, backlit kb, fingerprint & NFC, for $230 US after 15% coupon. ~$300 CDN. One caveat was the Dell wifi card basically had a burned out radio on it but I had another one (Intel b/g/n) lying around so I didn't bother contacting the seller about it. Will probably replace with an ac card soon enough anyway. Also the screen has really bad IR, I have no idea how it's like this but apparently it was a flaw of some of the panels that were 1080p touch on this model. Surprisingly whomever the original owner was never had the screen swapped when it was new/in warranty, which is puzzling considering just how bad the IR is (it's pretty much instant) but it is just "retention" because it does go away completely. I just live with it, you don't really notice until you change what you're looking at entirely. Browsing all sorts of different webpages you don't really notice it but minimise to desktop or go to a fullscreen video and it's unmistakable.

Seems like it's something to watch out for on various E72xx touchscreen models. Dell did replace these under warranty but clearly some customers (likely companies that had them on lease or whatever) never bothered having them replaced. Battery is about 67% useful cap left (33% lost) according to batteryinfo, which is okay but the battery is pretty small in this laptop to begin with so might go about replacing it at some point. Overall I think I did pretty well still, at $300 I'm good with it.

As for Bauer I'm surprised at what they consider "A-" grade! Like how do things like "cracked screen", "broken USB port", and "broken KB" (among others) qualify as A-? That's more like C grade in my book, D on the broken screens! They might have been smoking the crackpipe a little long over there. Maybe best to stick to the refurb stuff they sell. Even then the only guarantee the battery will have 15min runtime if it's "refurbed" by them; 45min if it's factory refurb (though with most factory refurbs you get a new battery). However it doesn't seem like they have a heck of a lot of factory refurb stuff.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
smacd wrote: That one has an i7, too, but how do you know what grade the Bauer machines are?
i have bought two laptops from Bauer Systems.

Bauer Systems don't specify the grade but the two i received were both in pristine condition from the outside.

however, grade can only mean so much. if you buy refurb laptops, you need to learn how to reapply thermal paste and clean up CPU/GPU fans yourself.
evoviii wrote: Though I think better deals can be had once a better coupon comes out. $400 would be a better price point.
agreed although i think $425 for i7 and $375 for i5 would be hot.
Last edited by Glancealot on Aug 16th, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2126 posts
1557 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'll wait for Bauer to offer something similar for $100 less.
TBH my colleagues are not having a good experience with Bauer.

Ordered 2 laptops. Both came without OS installed. They fixed it. Now one is having power issues.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
Glancealot wrote: i have bought two laptops from Bauer Systems.

Bauer Systems don't specify the grade but the two i received were both in pristine condition from the outside.

however, grade can only mean so much. if you buy refurb laptops, you need to learn how to reapply thermal paste and clean up CPU/GPU fans yourself.

agreed although i think $425 for i7 and $375 for i5 would be hot.
I wouldn't pay $50 more for .3 ghz better base and boost clock. 10% difference and the benches show less than that for.

I have e7450 i7 5600u at work and x1 carbon i5 5300. Use both and can't tell the difference.

Should be a tonne of laptops coming off lease as the 3 year mark is up on these.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
pistolpetejr wrote: I've got an opportunity to acquire one of these for $600:

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/cty/pdp ... 7847238082

Good deal?
Not bad per se but it's not a great comparison.
-Inspiron v. Latitude
-scAMD v. Intel (though granted it's brand new scAMD vs. few gens old Intel) The iGPU is going to be way better on the scAMD but not like you can do 1080p gaming on it even then, so not anything to party about.
-No SSD? Total nonsense/sin!
-It's quite large (IMO anything 15"+ is gi-normous when it comes to laptops).

Personally I'd take OP's Latitude way before the Inspiron but the latter is new and you'll get "warranty & support" and all that jazz--worthless for some people but of significant peace of mind for others. Different stuff for different people. As someone mentioned above if you're buying a refurb or a "graded condition" used laptop you probably have some knowhow like how to dismantle and repaste the cooling solution as well as how to deal with other minor issues or part replacements. If you're buying a new laptop you probably don't have that skill/knowledge or don't want to get into it.

All that said there's still no excuse for not having an SSD in a computer these days, or even in 2013 for that matter.
Aug 27, 2017
237 posts
123 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Not bad per se but it's not a great comparison.
-Inspiron v. Latitude
-scAMD v. Intel (though granted it's brand new scAMD vs. few gens old Intel) The iGPU is going to be way better on the scAMD but not like you can do 1080p gaming on it even then, so not anything to party about.
-No SSD? Total nonsense/sin!
-It's quite large (IMO anything 15"+ is gi-normous when it comes to laptops).

Personally I'd take OP's Latitude way before the Inspiron but the latter is new and you'll get "warranty & support" and all that jazz--worthless for some people but of significant peace of mind for others. Different stuff for different people. As someone mentioned above if you're buying a refurb or a "graded condition" used laptop you probably have some knowhow like how to dismantle and repaste the cooling solution as well as how to deal with other minor issues or part replacements. If you're buying a new laptop you probably don't have that skill/knowledge or don't want to get into it.

All that said there's still no excuse for not having an SSD in a computer these days, or even in 2013 for that matter.
Thank you sir.

So long story short, go through Bauer Systems, pick up a Lenovo for $300-400 where there are just about no issues in order to not have to worry about dismantling and all?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
pistolpetejr wrote: Thank you sir.

So long story short, go through Bauer Systems, pick up a Lenovo for $300-400 where there are just about no issues in order to not have to worry about dismantling and all?
It'll save you money and you'll probably get a better performing machine for most uses, yes. However you probably want to stay away from the "graded" used laptops they have and stick to the refurbs. Personally I've always been a "Latitude guy" myself but nothing wrong with Thinkpads. When it comes to business laptops I think most people pick one or the other out of Dell, Lenovo, HP, and then tend to stick with them. My first laptop was a D620; had I bought a T-whatever back then, I'd probably be a Thinkpad guy today, lol.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Sale is over now, but I just thought I'd report on the E7450 I received today. It's definitely A grade and after a quick wipe (I'm neurotic with my stuff), it looks brand new. I did notice right away that it has a matte screen, rather than the glossy one I was expecting with a 1920 x 1080 touch screen. It is 1920 x 1080, but there's no touch function. I called dellrefurbished and asked about it. It seems it was mis-listed as having touch, as it was built with a non-touch 1920 x 1080. I had the choice to either swap it out or take a $100 refund. I'm not really interested in touch (although I would have liked to see what the gloss screen looked like) so I took the refund. So now I have a new looking business grade ultrabook for $375 + tax & shipping. Perfect!!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
A big problem I ran into with these Dell Ultrabooks is that batteries can be hella expensive and tough to source from a wide range of sellers.