Delonghi Radiator Heater $86.43 delivered

Deal Link:
Price:
$86.43
Savings:
25% off
Retailer:
De'Longhi Canada
After researching ways to heat a basement rec room using oil radiatiors I ended up between this one and Costco's backordered one.
Delonghi are generally better performing heaters when it comes to this build form, and they keep innovating.

This one will heat up ca. 250sqft, but depending on your insulation and ability to close off the space YMMW. They take their sweet time to heat up, but they don't kick up dust and they're silent. BTW this same model is also available on Amazon new for $109.99+tax, or via their Warehouse Deals for $98.99+tax. It's the same model someone recommended 2 months ago.

OK, to the mechanics of the sale. Original price $99.99, currently 15% off. Add code WELCOME10 for an additional 10% off and see it drop to $76.49. One free shipping (5-7 business days) and $9.94 tax later you end up with $86.43

EDIT: My attention was drawn to the last step of the checkout where they note that "If your credit card is issued by a Canadian bank, you may incur an international fee (ranging between 1 – 3% of the purchase price) from your card issuer", so check if your credit card is affected by this.

Warm wishes from Kitchener!

Last edited by miamacchina on Nov 29th, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Dec 7, 2007
82 posts
19 upvotes
How is this compared to SAI brand? There one for $69 sale.
Feb 26, 2020
15 posts
12 upvotes
I think they charge international credit card fees?
Images
  • C36A0B3F-8E18-4FBC-BA9E-E5AFEC2B7DCD.png
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
56 posts
196 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Astonished Face

Whoa! Good catch! Will edit the original posting to make note of this.
Oct 19, 2006
62 posts
55 upvotes
miamacchina wrote: Costco has a top Delonghi model with closed fins that's a bit taller for $99 plus tax after $30 off, but as I mentioned it's backordered.
https://www.costco.ca/delonghi-high-per ... 19907.html
I purchased the costco version and the version posted by the OP (purchased through Walmart). The costco version is closed, so the fins are enclosed and flat. There is also a built in timer. I also found the costco version more stable and harder to tip over compared to the OP version. The heat produced is about the same.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1319 posts
437 upvotes
Asking all you Uber smart RFDers:
What’s more efficient heating up a basement office about 250 sq ft in the basement?
Gas fireplace
Radiator heater
Coil heater fan

Thanks in advance as I am considering the Radiator heater to heat certain spaces in my home without turning on the furnace when it’s just me at home. Currently I have my small coil heater fan blowing away about 8 hours a day in my home office.
May 27, 2016
439 posts
191 upvotes
Uxbridge, ON
Warped wrote: Asking all you Uber smart RFDers:
What’s more efficient heating up a basement office about 250 sq ft in the basement?
Gas fireplace
Radiator heater
Coil heater fan

Thanks in advance as I am considering the Radiator heater to heat certain spaces in my home without turning on the furnace when it’s just me at home. Currently I have my small coil heater fan blowing away about 8 hours a day in my home office.
Like mentioned, it depends on your level of insulation and mostly if you're in the office only for long periods of time. However, most likely that radiant heat is your best bet. Long running heat without drying the air too much, downside is that it takes a while to get going.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3918 posts
2728 upvotes
Kitchener
Oil heaters are the best. The silent operation makes them an absolute winner. Thanks for posting!
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17573 posts
9910 upvotes
Ottawa
I like the models where you can set the temperature directly (i.e. 21 degrees). The ones with a knob to set the heating power require a lot of trial and error. I put one in my daughters room and she complained it got too hot in the room, and I kept dialing down the intensity knob a millimeter at a time every day until she thought it was comfortable.

I feel it's worth it to pay extra for those models that have a display that let you set the temperature
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)