Expired Hot Deals

[Delta] Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, or Vancouver to Tokyo, Japan - $465 - $589 CAD roundtrip

[OP]
Aug 3, 2014
227 posts
409 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[Delta] Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, or Vancouver to Tokyo, Japan - $465 - $589 CAD roundtrip

Deal Link:
Update: Prices have now dropped to a historically low $465 from Toronto, Montreal, and a few other cities.

Considering how the coronavirus hasn't peaked yet and may soon be a pandemic, might not be the best time to travel. However, there's availability throughout the year up to January 2021 so you can look to book 8-12 months out and hope it'll die down by then. There seems to be a lot of fortune tellers on the news/social media so it's probably best to ignore that and get your coronavirus updates from CDC/WHO to base your travel plans off of.

https://yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-tokyo-j ... ding-taxes

Delta has dropped the price of their flights from Toronto to Tokyo, Japan down to $589 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

The flights have 1 stop each way, in a U.S. city (Minneapolis, Detroit, etc).

There appears to be dates available throughout 2020 and even into early 2021.

And yes, you ultimately have to come to your own conclusions on the odds of how severe a pandemic might be hitting our planet, how long it might last, and how that might affect Japan, travel to/from Japan, or anywhere else. The truth is, nobody really knows.

Availability for travel

February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November, December 2020

January 2021

How to find and book this deal

1. Try the following Google Flights search:

Google Flights: Toronto to Tokyo, Japan (both airports)

- click on the departure date box to open up the calendar view and browse for cheap date combinations

- try dates throughout 2020 and into early 2021. There appears to be dates all throughout 2020 and into 2021. I've seen working dates in every month except August.

- At the moment Google Flights isn't showing these prices in the calendar view, you need to wait a second for the price to show up.

- try starting with Tuesday to Tuesday dates and adjust your dates from there.
Last edited by aysiphu on Feb 27th, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
97 replies
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
133 posts
270 upvotes
For other Canadian cities, please look at these links:

Calgary: https://www.yycdeals.com/calgary-to-tok ... ding-taxes ($593)
Edmonton: https://www.yegdeals.com/edmonton-to-to ... ding-taxes ($593)
Montreal: https://www.yuldeals.com/montreal-to-to ... ding-taxes ($596)
Vancouver: https://www.yvrdeals.com/vancouver-to-t ... ding-taxes ($587)

Delta has dropped the price of their flights from Toronto to Tokyo, Japan down to $589 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

The flights have 1 stop each way, in a U.S. city (Minneapolis, Detroit, etc).

There appears to be dates available throughout 2020 and even into early 2021.

And yes, you ultimately have to come to your own conclusions on the odds of how severe a pandemic might be hitting our planet, how long it might last, and how that might affect Japan, travel to/from Japan, or anywhere else. The truth is, nobody really knows.

Availability for travel

February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November, December 2020

January 2021

How to find and book this deal

1. Try the following Google Flights search:

Google Flights: Toronto to Tokyo, Japan (both airports)

- click on the departure date box to open up the calendar view and browse for cheap date combinations
- try dates throughout 2020 and into early 2021. There appears to be dates all throughout 2020 and into 2021. I've seen working dates in every month except August.
- At the moment Google Flights isn't showing these prices in the calendar view, you need to wait a second for the price to show up.
- try starting with Tuesday to Tuesday dates and adjust your dates from there.

- Example dates you can try starting with:

Mar 8 to Mar 17
Mar 10 to Mar 24
Mar 17 to Mar 31
Mar 24 to Apr 7
Mar 31 to Apr 14

Apr 7 to Apr 14

May 12 to May 19
May 19 to May 26

Jun 9 to Jun 16

Jul 7 to Jul 14

Sep 8 to Sep 15

Oct 6 to Oct 13

Nov 10 to Nov 17

Dec 8 to Dec 15

[2021]

Jan 5 to Jan 12
Oct 29, 2019
2 posts
Thanks, OP. Hopping on a flight for 2 weeks in October. [removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 27th, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5769 posts
2443 upvotes
wow they opened this up for the olympic time period too. getting real desperate
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7003 posts
2975 upvotes
You can get anything up to a 24 hour stopover at some US cities if you craft a multi-city itinerary for $100 bucks extra.

Example with a Portland daytime stopover (noon to midnight) $691:
https://www.google.ca/flights#flt=YYZ./ ... .CAD.69006

It's a bit tricky to craft, but it's possible.
Last edited by SoroSuub1 on Feb 26th, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2074 posts
491 upvotes
At this point, might as well just wait a few more weeks given how airline demand is taking a nosedive as we speak - prices are bound to come down even more.
Sep 22, 2019
12 posts
18 upvotes
I went to japan last year and loved it. Tempted by this, but kind of feel guilty going back to a place I've already been when I could go somewhere new. What to do what to do.

Any reccos for places similar to Japan? (removed). Ive been to thailand, vietnam, malaysia, japan, and Taiwan.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 27th, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
May 2, 2017
454 posts
669 upvotes
Delta is easy to deal with. Booked to korea and cancelled my flights immediately and no holds or waiting time in their call center.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1061 posts
149 upvotes
We originally had a trip to Japan planned for this month (Tokyo Marathon). Unfortunately the marathon was cancelled. I have also heard that some factory tours (Suntory) and Studio Ghibli have also been cancelled as well. We decided to screw it and cancel the trip altogether and plan it again for the 2021 Marathon. I actually think the COVID-19 risk is completely blown out of proportion, but with activities being limited and other potential issues (quarantine), it's just an inconvenient time to go (despite the great deal).
Mar 1, 2018
13 posts
13 upvotes
Also works from Montreal to Haneda. Just booked from December 30th to January 12th for 589$ round trip.
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
133 posts
270 upvotes
Update: Toronto to Osaka / Kyoto is now available for a similar price ($603 roundtrip). You can also fly into one city, and home from the other. Added the Google Flights links below.

Same applies to Calgary ($599 roundtrip), Edmonton ($598 roundtrip), Montreal ($603 roundtrip), and Vancouver ($593 roundtrip). 1-stop flights from Victoria are also available for $677 CAD roundtrip.

From Osaka, it's a 26 minute train ride ($17) to the beautiful city of Kyoto if you use the special rapid trains on the JR Kyoto Line.

It's also worth trying flights into Tokyo, and then home from a different city in Japan. Many combinations are coming up in the $500s roundtrip.

Google Flights: Toronto to Osaka, Japan (both airports)

Google Flights: Toronto to Tokyo, and then home from Osaka
Aug 6, 2010
66 posts
51 upvotes
Oakville
Are you supposed to act quick on these prices? How long will the price remain like this?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7628 posts
3993 upvotes
Kootenays
KennethToronto wrote: We originally had a trip to Japan planned for this month (Tokyo Marathon). Unfortunately the marathon was cancelled. I have also heard that some factory tours (Suntory) and Studio Ghibli have also been cancelled as well. We decided to screw it and cancel the trip altogether and plan it again for the 2021 Marathon. I actually think the COVID-19 risk is completely blown out of proportion, but with activities being limited and other potential issues (quarantine), it's just an inconvenient time to go (despite the great deal).
My son and his buddy, both 23, are heading over on Sunday. While they are disappointed they won't be able to go to Studio Ghibli, I think the lack of tourists in popular areas will more than make up for it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)