May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto > Shanghai/Beijing/Hong Kong, RT $719-793 [Oct-May 2015]

Deal Link:
Price:
$719.46
For those that missed the United/Air Canada sale last week, Delta keep dropping fares to China from cities across Canada.
Shanghai fares can be had for <$550 from west coast cities - see thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/delta-yv ... n-1569529/

Still can't match the last minute <$600 fares to Hong Kong from Toronto last month, but not everyone can travel on a dime.

Scattered departure dates from now until April 2015.

Sample Itinerary (Shanghai): $719

Sample Itinerary (Beijing): $777

Sample Itinerary (Hong Kong): $793

V/K Class - 100% miles on Alaska MP (for travels until Dec 31 2014, unknown in 2015).

Search and book directly on Delta - http://www.delta.com/

Happy flying!
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5700 posts
305 upvotes
damn ... i just got back from south korea and japan .... must resist ..
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1935 posts
331 upvotes
If this was a non stop flight Id say it was hot. I guess 17h and 16h to beijing is ok but 26 to 21h to HK is hell. I tried this before and thought i could do it, but im never doing these 20+ hrs again. Not worth the money you paid. I havent tried Delta before either. Only trust AC and Cathay for my trips to china
Life is short make it long
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4124 posts
476 upvotes
Scarborough
did a search on Delta from YYZ to HKG in 2015 and couldn't find anything under $1,200
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4989 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto
darkmagician wrote:
Oct 6th, 2014 3:11 pm
If this was a non stop flight Id say it was hot. I guess 17h and 16h to beijing is ok but 26 to 21h to HK is hell. I tried this before and thought i could do it, but im never doing these 20+ hrs again. Not worth the money you paid. I havent tried Delta before either. Only trust AC and Cathay for my trips to china
Sure you can do it you just need to plan and prepare properly. My trip to Thailand had two stopovers and was like 24-26 hours. How'd I do it you ask:
1) Bring various form of entertainment ie books, magazines, video players, etc., and the main thing,
2) Use sleeping pills. I flew Economy plus from Japan to Thailand. It was 8 hours, but thanks to a sleeping pill, I was out for like 6 hours of that flight.

By the time I arrived, I was so refreshed and ready to hit the town. I applied the same tactic returning, and I experienced minimal jet lag.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1935 posts
331 upvotes
glover78 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2014 3:27 pm
Sure you can do it you just need to plan and prepare properly. My trip to Thailand had two stopovers and was like 24-26 hours. How'd I do it you ask:
1) Bring various form of entertainment ie books, magazines, video players, etc., and the main thing,
2) Use sleeping pills. I flew Economy plus from Japan to Thailand. It was 8 hours, but thanks to a sleeping pill, I was out for like 6 hours of that flight.

By the time I arrived, I was so refreshed and ready to hit the town. I applied the same tactic returning, and I experienced minimal jet lag.
Ill pass on that. If you have to take sleeping pills for your flight, maybe you shouldnt be taking it.
Life is short make it long
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11561 posts
1206 upvotes
I bought a very similar flight last year from United.

Toronto -> Shanghai
Beijing -> Toronto

$700 all in for mid-November departure.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4989 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto
darkmagician wrote:
Oct 6th, 2014 3:32 pm
Ill pass on that. If you have to take sleeping pills for your flight, maybe you shouldnt be taking it.
I don't have to. But if I want to kill several boring hours by sleeping nicely, causing me to be refreshed and energetic when I get up, then it is very worthwhile.
Nov 11, 2013
119 posts
24 upvotes
London
AcidBomber wrote:
Oct 6th, 2014 2:48 pm
For those that missed the United/Air Canada sale last week, Delta keep dropping fares to China from cities across Canada.
Shanghai fares can be had for <$550 from west coast cities - see thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/delta-yv ... n-1569529/

Still can't match the last minute <$600 fares to Hong Kong from Toronto last month, but not everyone can travel on a dime.

Scattered departure dates from now until April 2015.

Sample Itinerary (Shanghai): $719

Sample Itinerary (Beijing): $777

Sample Itinerary (Hong Kong): $793

V/K Class - 100% miles on Alaska MP (for travels until Dec 31 2014, unknown in 2015).

Search and book directly on Delta - http://www.delta.com/

Happy flying!
I missed out on this. Looking to purchase. According to trends does anybody think the price will go down again anytime soon?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1239 posts
312 upvotes
I returned from Seoul/Taiwan/Hong Kong with our $500 tickets to Seoul yesterday. I used points to travel from Seoul to HK and Taiwan.

When we got to Pearson for our outbound flight, we was told that our first leg to Detroit was delayed and we might not make it on time for out second leg to Seoul. Much to their credit, Delta booked us on AC to Detroit and we made our connection with minutes to spare. Of course, our luggages never made it. We left on the following day from Seoul to HK and Delta shipped our luggages from Seoul to our HK hotel a day later.

We have flown on AC, Cathay, United, American and now Delta to Asia. I would rate Delta's service to be on par with AC and United. Service on Cathay is the best, however, our last 2 flights with them within Asia were delayed for 2 hours and 3 hours respectively. I guess even they have their problems these days.

On our return flight through Detroit, you are no longer required to get your checked luggages and rechecked them after custom. There is also a security check right after custom so you no longer have to go outside and go through custom again. It makes going through the US a bit more easier these days.

Back on topic, we have done these 2 stoppers to HK once on American. It was tough but a $2000 for a family of four was nothing to sneeze at.
Nov 11, 2013
119 posts
24 upvotes
London
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Oct 9th, 2014 9:50 am
thx OP bought 2.
Did you buy them at a higher price than originally op posted for? Since price has increased.
Nov 11, 2013
119 posts
24 upvotes
London
Do you think we will see this cheaper or back to $700?
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto
aylmer1981 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2014 10:22 pm
Do you think we will see this cheaper or back to $700?
Delta's been cutting prices pretty aggressively to China in the past month or so. Most likely due to their expansion at Seattle and the increased capacity.
When are you travelling? If you're not flying during high season and can be flexible with dates, you might see cheaper Delta fares again.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Nov 11, 2013
119 posts
24 upvotes
London
AcidBomber wrote:
Oct 9th, 2014 10:27 pm
Delta's been cutting prices pretty aggressively to China in the past month or so. Most likely due to their expansion at Seattle and the increased capacity.
When are you travelling? If you're not flying during high season and can be flexible with dates, you might see cheaper Delta fares again.
Hey acidbomber thanks for the reply. Looking to go around a couple of days before March break 2015.