• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2014 11:32 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1209 posts
662 upvotes
tkddad wrote:
Oct 9th, 2014 10:05 am
I returned from Seoul/Taiwan/Hong Kong with our $500 tickets to Seoul yesterday. I used points to travel from Seoul to HK and Taiwan.

When we got to Pearson for our outbound flight, we was told that our first leg to Detroit was delayed and we might not make it on time for out second leg to Seoul. Much to their credit, Delta booked us on AC to Detroit and we made our connection with minutes to spare. Of course, our luggages never made it. We left on the following day from Seoul to HK and Delta shipped our luggages from Seoul to our HK hotel a day later.

We have flown on AC, Cathay, United, American and now Delta to Asia. I would rate Delta's service to be on par with AC and United. Service on Cathay is the best, however, our last 2 flights with them within Asia were delayed for 2 hours and 3 hours respectively. I guess even they have their problems these days.

On our return flight through Detroit, you are no longer required to get your checked luggages and rechecked them after custom. There is also a security check right after custom so you no longer have to go outside and go through custom again. It makes going through the US a bit more easier these days.

Back on topic, we have done these 2 stoppers to HK once on American. It was tough but a $2000 for a family of four was nothing to sneeze at.
That's my fear with flying to Detroit in Feb. if there's snow I'm afraid of missing my connection. Did they offer the AC flight easily? I'm flying to Beijing from HK the day after I'm supposed to arrive. How old are your kids? Was it a brutal flight?