• Mar 1st, 2018 7:53 am
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
430 posts
294 upvotes
Concrete Jungle

Dental cleaning for Dogs / Good vet?

Hi guys,

As my dog is getting older, I've noticed her pearly whites have plaque build up and I can start to smell the plaque Disappointed Face. She has never allowed me to brush her teeth even at a young age. Now she needs a professional to take a look.

I used to go to the Annex Vet by Bathurst and Harbord but after reading mixed reviews from customers with bad experiences and being overcharged, Im looking for a little help from the community.

Thanks in advance!
5 replies
May 28, 2007
83 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
We have been happy so far with the Eglinton Laird Pet Hospital (East York). Have not had teeth cleaning done there yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1845 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't had to had my dog's teeth cleaned as I give her sea kelp with each meal and raw food, both of which are great at preventing plaque. I never brush her teeth either. I get this one from Amazon Sea Kelp I used to buy a little bottle of Plaque Off but the Starwest Botanicals 1 pound bag is a lot cheaper.
Apr 10, 2011
821 posts
688 upvotes
The Cesar Millan bones @ Canadian Tire actually do help with the plaque on our dogs teeth. But if we do notice extra plaque, we just pick it off with our fingernail. We've given up on the Bathurst Dupont Animal Hospital as it's next to impossible to get an appointment there anymore that's not like, 2 weeks away, so we started taking our guy to the College Street Animal Hospital (Bathurst and College). Prices are actually the same as BDAH and Dr. Saram is good.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10652 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bull Dog wrote: Haven't had to had my dog's teeth cleaned as I give her sea kelp with each meal and raw food, both of which are great at preventing plaque. I never brush her teeth either. I get this one from Amazon Sea Kelp I used to buy a little bottle of Plaque Off but the Starwest Botanicals 1 pound bag is a lot cheaper.
Thanks for this. The vet said my 2.5 year old labradoodle is starting to show plaque build up. I’m hoping this well help!
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1845 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: Thanks for this. The vet said my 2.5 year old labradoodle is starting to show plaque build up. I’m hoping this well help!
Also chew toys are good. My dog has powerful jaws, but a regulation hard rubber lacrosse ball seems to last a while. The softer rubber youth lacrosse balls last about an hour. A lot of people recommend harder chew toys like moose antlers, frozen raw marrow bones, but I'm scared to because some dogs can fracture their teeth depending on how they chew.