[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3155 posts
223 upvotes
Newmarket

Descendant Pizza - Detroit Style Pizza - Toronto

Anyone tried this?!?

Damn its pricey but the small is quite large with the way they make it and I struggle to finish it.

Some of the best pizza I've had bar none. It's a thick deep dish crust with the right amount of fresh toppings and then cooked so the crust is crunchy and the middle is a pillow. So far I've had the truffle, pepperoni and some spicy one with cherry drop peppers (look like cherry tomatoes). All were delicious and never a bad experience.

http://descendantdsp.com

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/descendant-detr ... -toronto-2
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1184 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
Descendant is hands-down the best pizza I've ever had thus far. Pricy but I don't care :) I finished the small pizza by myself however, I'm #foreverhungry when it comes to pizza.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11188 posts
3692 upvotes
Don't get over to that side of town often - will keep it in mind. Looks good.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22039 posts
25691 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Don't get over to that side of town often - will keep it in mind. Looks good.
keep in mind that sometimes they sell out (!) or they have really long wait times of 40+ minutes. Try to visit during non-peak hours. I still haven't had their stuff yet but heard great things.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1569 posts
849 upvotes
GTA
So. Damn. Good.

Worth the drive from Markham!! Too bad the place is so tiny. I can never sit inside to eat, always take out.

Granted, being so close to Sweet Jesus gives me a reason to walk around instead of sitting!
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5325 posts
2304 upvotes
Pictures look really good. Why has this place not been recommended before on here? Are you able to make your own pizza or substitute any toppings from the menu pizzas? They all contain meat.
Oct 13, 2009
260 posts
57 upvotes
North York
ar2020 wrote: Pictures look really good. Why has this place not been recommended before on here? Are you able to make your own pizza or substitute any toppings from the menu pizzas? They all contain meat.

I thought I read on yelp that someone did add Sausage to a veggie pizza. I am considering driving down there today for a pizza. I know we are to get some snow but I got 4x4 with snow tires so I am looking for some snow to drive on LOL. I just have to time the 40 min wait time and drive time. I really want to order a Chicago deep dish from Double D pizza and a Detroit style from Descentants. Just that is ALOT of pizza hahha
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1184 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
Here is the pizza I got from Descendant:

I usually take the crusts off pizza but this one was actually really good.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1184 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
Ojibway Bob wrote: I thought I read on yelp that someone did add Sausage to a veggie pizza. I am considering driving down there today for a pizza. I know we are to get some snow but I got 4x4 with snow tires so I am looking for some snow to drive on LOL. I just have to time the 40 min wait time and drive time. I really want to order a Chicago deep dish from Double D pizza and a Detroit style from Descentants. Just that is ALOT of pizza hahha
You can never have too much pizza !! I'm heading to Double D as well w/ my SO on Tuesday. Can't wait !
Jan 8, 2009
763 posts
412 upvotes
GTA
ar2020 wrote: Pictures look really good. Why has this place not been recommended before on here? Are you able to make your own pizza or substitute any toppings from the menu pizzas? They all contain meat.
My daughter's vegetarian and usually drops the bacon from the Truff-Ghi pizza. I don't know if they'll let you substitute (she hasn't been interested in adding anything) but you can ask or drop the meat from any of the other choices.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11777 posts
1619 upvotes
Descendent is the bomb. Sweet jesus is garbage instagram bait. If you have a chance, go visit detroit and get Buddy's pizza (and lots more).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3155 posts
223 upvotes
Newmarket
709394 wrote: If you guys enjoyed Descendent there's also a shop called pizza thick by queen/pape which has a similar style like double ds

http://www.pizzathick.com
Bleh! Just ordered from this place and nothing like Descendant. Maybe the thickness but Descendant is crispy and soft at the same time. Similar to Pizza Hut but on crack Grimacing Face
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3062 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: Descendent is the bomb. Sweet jesus is garbage instagram bait. If you have a chance, go visit detroit and get Buddy's pizza (and lots more).
La Diperie FTW
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
I tried and to be hinest I was satisfied and my boy was also happy with that pizza. I loved thier service
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12042 posts
2646 upvotes
mzkaye729 wrote: Here is the pizza I got from Descendant:

I usually take the crusts off pizza but this one was actually really good.
One thing that I don't like about various styles of pizza (in various cities) is that they bury the toppings under the sauce and/or cheese. I personally love pepperoni when it's crispy. That picture does look good though. At least much of the pepperoni is poking out to get crispy.

I want to try this, but almost never venture to that area.
Apr 4, 2012
539 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
Dr Butcher wrote: Does anyone follow the Food Lab? Kenji has been teasing with pics of his Detroit style pizza attempts over the last few weeks. His recipe should be out soon. Looks awesome to me, I can't wait to test it out. His foolproof pan pizza recipe rocks as well.
Yes, I tried his Prince St. knockoff, its was good, but honestly cant remember how the classic New York Sicilian slices taste anymore, its been too long. And these Detroit style pizzas looks exactly the same as some of the Sicilian square slices you can get in Brooklyn, wonder what the difference is, maybe its just the blue steel pan. Can you post a link to his Detroit style pizza blog?