Automotive

Desjardins continues to support its members and clients, announcing a refund for auto insurance clients who are driving

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 4:22 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Desjardins continues to support its members and clients, announcing a refund for auto insurance clients who are driving

https://blogues.desjardins.com/press_re ... pKSKxwpUfs
In an effort to support its clients, Desjardins General Insurance is offering refunds on auto insurance premiums for Personal and Business clients who are staying at home. Nearly everyone is driving their vehicles less, and Desjardins General Insurance wants to acknowledge this fact. This refund will be offered to clients whose commuting habits have significantly changed and who are only using their vehicles for essential trips to such places as the pharmacy or grocery store. This refund is open to anyone who has lost their job, for example, or who is now working from home or otherwise self-isolating. It will be calculated over a 3-month period and will reflect the client's annual distance travelled, as declared on their insurance contract. Eligible clients who are interested in receiving this rebate should apply at www.desjardinsagents.com (for Desjardins Agent Network clients) or www.desjardinsgeneralinsurance.com (for direct clients) by May 31.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto
curious what questions they asked for you to get lower rate due to staying home for covid 19

thanks
No advertising in avatars or sigs
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
your best bet wrote: curious what questions they asked for you to get lower rate due to staying home for covid 19

thanks
Likely for someone who has Ajusto.
Jul 16, 2012
272 posts
125 upvotes
Laval, QC
I am with LaPersonnelle (sister of Desjardins) and I signed up for this.

This is NOT related to ajusto service.

The form was super simple, asked my name, phone number, policy number and to confirm that I will be using my vehicule only for emergency purposes and grocery shopping.

From there, they will lower my estimated km allowance on 3 months and will refund the difference.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
CiviCity wrote: False. See my post above
I still can't see your post above. What does it say?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto
they will lower my estimated km allowance on 3 months and will refund the difference.

right now mine is at 10000 kms a year...so did you input what kms you have right now on vehicle and than in 3 months tell them what kms you have than
thanks
CiviCity wrote: I am with LaPersonnelle (sister of Desjardins) and I signed up for this.

The form was super simple, asked my name, phone number, policy number and to confirm that I will be using my vehicule only for emergency purposes and grocery shopping.

From there, they will lower my estimated km allowance on 3 months and will refund the difference.
No advertising in avatars or sigs
Jul 16, 2012
272 posts
125 upvotes
Laval, QC
eldiablo wrote: I still can't see your post above. What does it say?
I am with LaPersonnelle (sister of Desjardins) and I signed up for this.

Jul 16, 2012
272 posts
125 upvotes
Laval, QC
your best bet wrote: they will lower my estimated km allowance on 3 months and will refund the difference.

right now mine is at 10000 kms a year...so did you input what kms you have right now on vehicle and than in 3 months tell them what kms you have than
thanks
No, I did not have the option to select the lowered amount of KM. I believe that they determine it themself.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1779 upvotes
CiviCity wrote: I am with LaPersonnelle (sister of Desjardins) and I signed up for this.

Did the same. Super simple quick online form. Beats spending an hour on a phone trying to reach anyone. Will see what they say. Would be nice to get some money back since my car is just sitting there. I drive it once a week maybe for essentials.

My guess is that an agent will still call us to verify more info. That form seemed too simple. Would be great if that was all.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
I'm like an abused dog at this point when it comes to Auto Insurance Companies.

I can't help but think
How are they going to get us back later?
Jul 16, 2012
272 posts
125 upvotes
Laval, QC
Hindenburg1 wrote:
Did the same. Super simple quick online form. Beats spending an hour on a phone trying to reach anyone. Will see what they say. Would be nice to get some money back since my car is just sitting there. I drive it once a week maybe for essentials.

My guess is that an agent will still call us to verify more info. That form seemed too simple. Would be great if that was all.
Yeah I also have a feeling that they will be calling us for something. The form was way too simple haha
tebore wrote: I'm like an abused dog at this point when it comes to Auto Insurance Companies.

I can't help but think
I really dont know.. I hope that there is no catch further down the road
Last edited by CiviCity on Apr 8th, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Increase your premiums.
tebore wrote: I'm like an abused dog at this point when it comes to Auto Insurance Companies.

I can't help but think

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Increase your premiums.
That's a given.

I just want to see the reason tho this time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes
In the examples Desjardins provides, it shows between $40 - $90 refunds, which doesn't seem like much at all. I mean it's better than nothing but doesn't really make a difference
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Damn I pay Desjardins in full annually and don't see any option online to change coverage and of course the phone line is busy LOL
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Damn I pay Desjardins in full annually and don't see any option online to change coverage and of course the phone line is busy LOL
I also pay annually as opposed to monthly, they will stay issue you a pro-rated refund

https://www.desjardinsgeneralinsurance.com/covid-19-en
Click "Helping clients who are driving less during the pandemic"

There is a form to fill out if you're driving less during the pandemic, or below that, there is instructions if you have stopped using your car entirely
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
HP_John wrote: I also pay annually as opposed to monthly, they will stay issue you a pro-rated refund

https://www.desjardinsgeneralinsurance.com/covid-19-en
Click "Helping clients who are driving less during the pandemic"

There is a form to fill out if you're driving less during the pandemic, or below that, there is instructions if you have stopped using your car entirely
Thanks. I found the link after some digging around the site.
Dec 22, 2018
206 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
do you have to have an online account or can you just fill in the simple form stating your policy #?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes
TomF62003 wrote: do you have to have an online account or can you just fill in the simple form stating your policy #?

Thanks
Don't need to have a Desjardins online account, I would state policy # along with full name

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)