Personal Finance

Desjardins Interac EMT is now FREE (within plan)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 10:40 am
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
245 posts
91 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes, QC

Desjardins Interac EMT is now FREE (within plan)

"Good news! The additional $1 fee for Interac e-Transfers® is no longer applicable.[ 3 ]
3. Transaction fees apply if you don’t have a monthly plan or if you exceed the number of transactions included in your plan."

https://www.desjardins.com/ca/personal/ ... ref-note-3

That was the one thing anoying me with Desjardins, nice move.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
5487 posts
3470 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
About time, too bad I switch to Alterna :)
Alterna Bank Thread
Stock Thread

TFSA Portfolio: AEM|ATD|BAM.A|BCE|BIP.UN|CCL.B|CNQ|CNR|CTC.A|ENB|FCD.UN|FN|FTS|FTT|GSY|IFC|IMO|MFC|MG|MRU|NA|NET.UN|SJ|T
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
340 upvotes
Mississauga
Their products are somewhst better than banks. For example the economy plan with 1000 min balance incl 7 transactions but they don't have many branches in ontario.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
245 posts
91 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes, QC
If you can manage to get a professional account you got the 12 transaction plan free.

And if you are an engineer the line of credit is exactly a their prime rate.

and I like that they got ATM all over the place in QC
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7671 posts
2100 upvotes
Toronto
MehtabS wrote: Their products are somewhst better than banks. For example the economy plan with 1000 min balance incl 7 transactions but they don't have many branches in ontario.
This is what pissed me off, the promotion require payroll deposited to the account, then I have to pull the $ out to my Tangerine account to avoid paying fee over 7 transaction, coz I lived in Markham and can not find any branch or ATM, and are not a member of the exchange network either.
Nov 26, 2015
373 posts
202 upvotes
darthcloud wrote: If you can manage to get a professional account you got the 12 transaction plan free.

And if you are an engineer the line of credit is exactly a their prime rate.

and I like that they got ATM all over the place in QC
I'm from rural Quebec (Bas Saint-Laurent) and it's pretty much the only institution that you can find in almost every towns.

I am software developer and I was unable to get their professional account :/
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
245 posts
91 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes, QC
ryan10075 wrote: I'm from rural Quebec (Bas Saint-Laurent) and it's pretty much the only institution that you can find in almost every towns.

I am software developer and I was unable to get their professional account :/
Checkout https://www.genium360.ca/ (previously RIQ) you dont have to be an engineer by law to be a member (unlike OIQ) just to have studies in the field. Software shall qualify I think.

Once you are a genium member you will be able to get the professional account easily and also be able to get insurance from la personnelle.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
5487 posts
3470 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Poutinesauce wrote: Why pay ANY fees when Alterna offers them for free? I'm not giving a single cent to ANY bank or financial institution, no matter what gimmick they try to throw my way.
I agree, unless you need more than 4 per month and/or physical bank location in QC. Tangerine EMT is also a good alternative, although I wouldn't mind them doing Interect eTransfer for free!

I have a professional account (it was my main bank during my mechanical engineering degree due to low line of credit interest) but switched to Tangerine and now Alterna.
Alterna Bank Thread
Stock Thread

TFSA Portfolio: AEM|ATD|BAM.A|BCE|BIP.UN|CCL.B|CNQ|CNR|CTC.A|ENB|FCD.UN|FN|FTS|FTT|GSY|IFC|IMO|MFC|MG|MRU|NA|NET.UN|SJ|T

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)