• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2022 12:28 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Maybe WE from Desjardins is special? I see this requirement from many other banks, not any word from Desjardins.
Poutinesauce wrote: World Elite= $70000 a year or $120000 of domestic revenue
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7312 posts
6264 upvotes
MrAmex wrote: Maybe WE from Desjardins is special? I see this requirement from many other banks, not any word from Desjardins.
"Minimum gross annual income of $70,000 for the primary cardholder or a combined household income of $120,000."
Apr 28, 2012
964 posts
345 upvotes
QC
MrAmex wrote: Maybe WE from Desjardins is special? I see this requirement from many other banks, not any word from Desjardins.
It's a Mastercard World Elite requirement
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal, QC
What a pity. I want this card as it gives more return, but without the required income. I have only the Odyssey Gold, which gives 1.2% since I am a member of Desjardins.
Aug 9, 2014
468 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MrAmex wrote: What a pity. I want this card as it gives more return, but without the required income. I have only the Odyssey Gold, which gives 1.2% since I am a member of Desjardins.
I also don't understand why there's no welcome bonus. Desjardins is hungry for customers outside Quebec but they definitely don't compete like they are.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10312 upvotes
here2day wrote: I also don't understand why there's no welcome bonus. Desjardins is hungry for customers outside Quebec but they definitely don't compete like they are.
I really don't think they are. They cater to their existing members, in Quebec, and to a lesser extent in Eastern Ontario and New Brunswick. This is who it's meant for.

And they are traditionally very stingy.
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal, QC
From their website, Desjardins writes clearly for their world cashback MC:
Minimum gross annual income of $60,000 for the primary cardholder or a combined household income of $100,000

However, for their Odyssey World Elite MC, they dont say anything concerning the income.

Is this an omission or on purpose?
Apr 28, 2012
964 posts
345 upvotes
QC
MrAmex wrote: From their website, Desjardins writes clearly for their world cashback MC:
Minimum gross annual income of $60,000 for the primary cardholder or a combined household income of $100,000

However, for their Odyssey World Elite MC, they dont say anything concerning the income.

Is this an omission or on purpose?
If you have to ask,then you can't afford it :P
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
How is this card not the best card out there? It has almost everything including awesome rewards, travel insurance, and purchase protection way beyond anyone else.
Mar 27, 2009
264 posts
50 upvotes
I just went through the application process. It clearly states the following when asking for your employment and income details, as well as on the sidebar of the application page:

"Minimum gross annual income of $70,000 for the primary cardholder or a combined household income of $120,000."

Also, never seen an application that asks for so much info (mortgage details, savings accounts, etc.) In the end decided not to go through with it just yet.
Apr 28, 2012
964 posts
345 upvotes
QC
Anikiri wrote: How is this card not the best card out there? It has almost everything including awesome rewards, travel insurance, and purchase protection way beyond anyone else.
It lacks two things to be perfect: Transfer of points to airline and hotel programs, and lounge access.

Also, you lose value if you redeem reward points on anything else than travel and show expenses
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Flitox wrote: It lacks two things to be perfect: Transfer of points to airline and hotel programs, and lounge access.

Also, you lose value if you redeem reward points on anything else than travel and show expenses
Ahh so this isn't a straight money back card? This is the same scheme BMO is doing with their BMO Travel World Elite?

Thanks mate.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5634 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
Flitox wrote: 2 year loss and accidental damage insurance for mobile devices bought with the card, up to 1K$. Nice..
Hmm even the basic Cash Back card offers this feature. Not limited to the high end cards.
Might be good to get just to buy a phone. :)

Limited to 1 claim in 12 Months and 2 claims in 48 months.

Desjardin Cash Back $0 Annual Fee
Visa Elegance Gold $30
Visa Modulo Gold $50
Cash Back World $50
Visa Odyssey Gold $110
Odyssey World Elite $130
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2007
1731 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Guys, I have the MBNA RWE card now for 2% cashback on everyday purchases, plus Scotia Visa Infinte card which I use for 4% on gas & groceries
But I am considering the two Dejardins cards to replace the MBNA RWE (for extra insurance benefits)
Would any of these worth replacing the MBNA RWE card for?

Desjardins Visa Odyssey Gold
https://www.desjardins.com/ca/personal/ ... /index.jsp
Annual fee: $110
1% cashback

Desjardins Odyssey World Elite MasterCard
Annual fee: $130
1.8-2.4% cashback (so this is potentially better than MBNA RWE for people with high spending)

I think the Visa is out of the question because it is only 1% cashback.
How are the benefits from the two Desjardins cards compared to each other? Are they the same? (at first sight, looks like so).
If that's the case, the Desjardins Odyssey World Elite MasterCard is clearly better than the Desjardins Visa Odyssey Gold simply because of the rewards level.

What do you guys think?
Please use "Reply with Quote" when replying back to my PMs.
Aug 9, 2014
468 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MarcusXP wrote: Guys, I have the MBNA RWE card now for 2% cashback on everyday purchases, plus Scotia Visa Infinte card which I use for 4% on gas & groceries
But I am considering the two Dejardins cards to replace the MBNA RWE (for extra insurance benefits)

1% cashback

1.8-2.4% cashback (so this is potentially better than MBNA RWE for people with high spending)

How are the benefits from the two Desjardins cards compared to each other? Are they the same? (at first sight, looks like so).
If that's the case, the Desjardins Odyssey World Elite MasterCard is clearly better than the Desjardins Visa Odyssey Gold simply because of the rewards level.

What do you guys think?
the Toronto branch has a promo where you get a $300 signup bonus. Www.desjardins.com/toronto
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
here2day wrote:
MarcusXP wrote: Guys, I have the MBNA RWE card now for 2% cashback on everyday purchases, plus Scotia Visa Infinte card which I use for 4% on gas & groceries

1% cashback

What do you guys think?
the Toronto branch has a promo where you get a $300 signup bonus. Www.desjardins.com/toronto
Would've been hot if the annual fee was waived for first year :) Also needs to be applied in branch.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
Just wanted to confirm that the Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa has no flight delay insurance. If so that's a deal breaker for me.

Am looking for a non World Elite/Visa Infinite card with excellent travel insurance package.

Might go for the National Bank Platinum MC instead as it has flight delay.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1680 posts
877 upvotes
Kanada
yackas wrote: That's true! I did not notice that, everyone sub 60k cannot get more than 1% (1.2% if you consider the extra 20%, only for Gold Odyssey).
That's because due to stingy merchant lobbying, the government asked card issuer to limit the issuance of "premium" cards that carry a higher merchant acceptance fee.
Part of the art of working in customer service, at any company, is the ability to invent plausible explanations for unexpected outcomes. An algorithm makes the decision. The agent does not necessarily know why.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

I'm thinking about getting this card for the 60 day emergency travel medical insurance benefit alone. I already pay more than the AF in extra travel medical already.

The 1.8-2.4% cash back seems like good value also.

Does anyone here have this card and what is you experience with it and Desjardins?