Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Detour Coffee

20% off all coffee - Ends tomorrow (Aug 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2021 10:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2512 posts
945 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …

20% off all coffee - Ends tomorrow (Aug 30)

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
August 30, 2021
Retailer:
Detour Coffee
Time to stock up on coffee.

Detour has a Endless summer sale for 20 percent off all coffee.

Use code: ENDLESS

Free ship over $35.

Enjoy!

Sorry, mobile post so not much detail included.
Last edited by RandomSanity on Aug 29th, 2021 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
61 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2017
1016 posts
1859 upvotes
Vancouver
Nice! Was just thinking I needed to pick up some coffee soon. I loved my last order from Detour, it made some great espresso.

Their new Daydream looks sublime. Ordered it and two more bags.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210820-093911_Chrome.jpg
Feb 20, 2019
131 posts
143 upvotes
They have a really nice shop in Montreal and each drink was incredible. Super clean and just the way it's meant to be
Nov 30, 2020
164 posts
228 upvotes
Anyone able to recommened any flavors?

Btw thanks op:)
Dec 25, 2019
97 posts
20 upvotes
Steeles, ON
How would this compare to the Jamaica blue mountain or Kona at Costco?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2017
1016 posts
1859 upvotes
Vancouver
Noobiedeals wrote: Anyone able to recommened any flavors?

Btw thanks op:)

San Sebastian, Bouncy Castle and Punch Buggy were the three I ordered last time. All three were great but either the Bouncy Castle or Punch Buggy was just amazing. I forget which, I thought it was Punch Buggy when I ordered just now, but now I think it might've been the Bouncy Castle. Oh well. In any case, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1385 posts
2127 upvotes
Hammonds
RedFlagCrake wrote:

San Sebastian, Bouncy Castle and Punch Buggy were the three I ordered last time. All three were great but either the Bouncy Castle or Punch Buggy was just amazing. I forget which, I thought it was Punch Buggy when I ordered just now, but now I think it might've been the Bouncy Castle. Oh well. In any case, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
I started believing I would like punch buggy, as per description, but overall enjoyed bouncy castle more. The tasting pack for $40 is a good deal.
Last edited by Ruciz on Aug 20th, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 10, 2009
151 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like it should also be eligible for AMEX Shop Small for another $5 off
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1326 posts
866 upvotes
Thanks OP!

Got:
Bottle Neck, Punch Buggy Espresso, Bouncy Castle Espresso.
Jun 30, 2021
9 posts
8 upvotes
LadiesFromHouston wrote: They have a really nice shop in Montreal and each drink was incredible. Super clean and just the way it's meant to be
Where in Montreal? As far as I can recall, Detour's based out of Ontario.

Do you mean Dispatch coffee by any chance? I always get them mixed up with Detour since my local cafe rotates between both roasters.

Genuinely interested as I frequent Montreal and would welcome another good cafe to add to my list.
Nov 8, 2020
98 posts
57 upvotes
Barrie
Detour roasts on demand. (After a purchase is made)
You are drinking the freshly roasted beans days after its roasted. Where as costco beans are probably roasted 6 months ago and sitting in the warehouse for lord knows how long.
Jun 30, 2021
9 posts
8 upvotes
yojowo wrote: How would this compare to the Jamaica blue mountain or Kona at Costco?
In general, beans from Detour will be roasted to a much lighter degree to bring out the uniqueness of each varietal without having the taste of the roast overwhelm the more delicate flavours. In broad terms, coffees from roasters like Detour will be brighter and much fresher (they'll be roasted MUCH more recently than anything from Costco). I'm a fan, but I realize that some enjoy a darker roast and would consider these coffees to be unpleasantly acidic/sour.

The Kona or Blue Mountain beans at Costco will have a much deeper roast. If you're looking for something similar, keep an eye on the tasting notes. You'll want the more traditional notes like chocolate, nuts, browns sugar, etc.
Feb 20, 2019
131 posts
143 upvotes
MarvelCroissant wrote: Where in Montreal? As far as I can recall, Detour's based out of Ontario.

Do you mean Dispatch coffee by any chance? I always get them mixed up with Detour since my local cafe rotates between both roasters.

Genuinely interested as I frequent Montreal and would welcome another good cafe to add to my list.
Ah sorry I did mean dispatch! They're great over there
Mar 27, 2021
389 posts
474 upvotes
yojowo wrote: How would this compare to the Jamaica blue mountain or Kona at Costco?
Freshness is the big difference here. The moment you open the bag you can smell the difference.

Honestly any fresh roast coffee is going to be vastly better than grocery store. I frequent Longo's in-store roasted coffee and it's excellent too.

Also it's fun to enjoy different roasters, different beans instead of the same thing weekly
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Jan 7, 2017
193 posts
100 upvotes
beermike wrote: It looks like it should also be eligible for AMEX Shop Small for another $5 off
Can anyone confirm AMEX $5 shop small applies?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1703 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP! Daydream is really good. Ordered a 1KG bag this time around and a couple tasters pack of 3's.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2512 posts
945 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I haven't tried Daydream yet, maybe I'll give it a shot this time around.
May 18, 2018
752 posts
777 upvotes
Finally! My Pilot stash is gone soon so I was waiting for a good deal to replenish :) Thanks!
Apr 1, 2009
185 posts
295 upvotes
Thank you.
I got a daydream as per all your recommendations and a Qaballe as I prefer natural process vs washed.