283 posts
1213 upvotes

Detour Coffee - 25% off first three orders for new subscriptions

Deal Link:
Savings:
25%
Retailer:
Detour Coffee
Use code CDNSUMMER for 25% off the first three orders of a recurring subscription.

Not sure this works on all subscriptions, though I believe it is all of them. I can vouch it worked for "roasters choice" auto-renew.

The 25% off will be on 2 bags, ordered at your selected frequency. I chose every 3 weeks, as I'm a shot-a-day kinda guy.

Total for 2 bags comes out to $28.87+tax (per bag is approximately $14.50). Shipping is free.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1783 posts
1204 upvotes
Near You
Seems very expensive for coffee, even with the subscription.
• AMEX Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Cobalt • Bonvoy
• MC HSBC Premier WE• NBC WE • BRIM
• AT&T Unl Max CA/US/MX US$34 Group Buy • Google Fi • Free.fr
Aeroplan SE • DL Gold • Marriott Titanium • Hyatt Globalist •
Earn miles•Fly the world
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3516 posts
4062 upvotes
Detour honestly rocks! One of my favorite local roasters and prices from them are average but quality is pretty high. My disappointment comes from the fact that I can't seem to pick out which coffees I will be getting in this sub. Oh well, I still have enough long term experience to trust they will make a solid choice. At less than $15/bag (blend territory) this single origin sub with delivery is a HOT deal indeed. Thanks OP!
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3516 posts
4062 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Seems very expensive for coffee, even with the subscription.

Actually, it is significantly below market price for single origin coffee, especially from a proven local roaster.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1897 posts
2330 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Actually, it is significantly below market price for single origin coffee, especially from a proven local roaster.
Sounds like you know a few single origin coffee in Canada, Any reference for comparison?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3516 posts
4062 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: Sounds like you know a few single origin coffee in Canada, Any reference for comparison?
Yeah, sure. Here's a few links to local roasters that are relatively inexpensive, high quality and enjoy good customer service:

https://idrinkcoffee.com/collections/coffee

https://www.socialcoffee.com/product-category/coffee/

https://equator.ca/collections/coffee?page=2

https://agroroasters.shipsbeans.com/?v=4326ce96e26c

https://detourcoffee.com/collections/si ... in-coffees

Going by the last half dozen bags I've gotten from them, I'd rank Detour right at the top of this list in terms of quality.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2367 posts
2577 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the info OP! I think I might try them out.

If you have and use a Brim credit card, you can get 2% cash back, and $10 back in points if your total spend over time goes over $100.
Nov 4, 2007
427 posts
36 upvotes
Any suggestions for flavours to try for a newbie?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3516 posts
4062 upvotes
arctics wrote: Any suggestions for flavours to try for a newbie?
Hmm, last time I tried La Lia, Costa Rica and thought it was fabulous, but unfortunately its not available now. PUNCH BUGGY ESPRESSO is always solid, but do note that its a blend and they select different coffees for it according to their taste and coffee availability. it's more geared for espressos so if you do drip, you might want to stick to something like Bottle Neck, which is also very good.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2263 posts
645 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
Received Santa Lucia, and Muramba today.
Interested how they will taste from superautomatic (Saeco Granbaristo)

Used to always buy Deterra Gold from Idrinkcoffee, since I'm 5min away from them, but then they raised price, while making bag smaller 500g > 340g
So we switched to Cimo from Costco, it was ok for the price https://www.costco.ca/caffe-cimo-azzurr ... 19390.html
Sep 21, 2008
626 posts
949 upvotes
I think Dispatch Coffee out of Montreal is a far better deal with their always-available 50% off first order via subscription (then cancel it!). I got 4 bags , and thought the quality was similar to detour, perhaps better.

Code is "TRY50" at check-out

my $0.05 :D
Jan 29, 2009
109 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
toyopl wrote:
Used to always buy Deterra Gold from Idrinkcoffee, since I'm 5min away from them, but then they raised price, while making bag smaller 500g > 340g
I love deterra gold.. pretty much everything I've tried from idrinkcoffee was really good. But yes, they made their bag smaller Pouting Face...
Interested in how detour compares ..
Nov 14, 2017
981 posts
1801 upvotes
Vancouver
This is more expensive than my usual Kicking Horse but I'm gonna pull the trigger. I had a good experience with Muskoka recently and really getting into the nuances of coffee lately, especially after buying an Aeropress. Thanks for the deal!
Nov 16, 2018
92 posts
116 upvotes
buriboi wrote: I think Dispatch Coffee out of Montreal is a far better deal with their always-available 50% off first order via subscription (then cancel it!). I got 4 bags , and thought the quality was similar to detour, perhaps better.

Code is "TRY50" at check-out

my $0.05 :D
Have to disagree with you, previously signed up with Dispatch and it is way below Detour in terms of quality.
Nov 14, 2017
981 posts
1801 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm I can't seem to get discount code to work.

Tried both roasters choice and single origin subscriptions. Expressionless Face
Sep 21, 2008
626 posts
949 upvotes
Weendude wrote: Have to disagree with you, previously signed up with Dispatch and it is way below Detour in terms of quality.
Fair enough! I think I'll try buying detour this week - it's been at least a year. I'm done with my espresso machine and doing pour-overs nowadays, so let's see if Detour can impress me in a V60!
Jul 29, 2019
125 posts
50 upvotes
ok but do the espresso (bouncy castle/punch buggy) come pre-ground?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3516 posts
4062 upvotes
RedFlagCrake wrote: This is more expensive than my usual Kicking Horse but I'm gonna pull the trigger. I had a good experience with Muskoka recently and really getting into the nuances of coffee lately, especially after buying an Aeropress. Thanks for the deal!
I just recently had two separate orders of Detour (2 bags each, before and after Muskoka) and it's like night and day, totally different ball game in terms of appearance, aroma and complexity of taste. Muskoka tastes just like your typical store shelf coffee, mayby slightly fresher, because it's roasted the same terrible way, which makes it last longer but kills individual bean taste. I had to set that aside as my emerg coffee. I've tried around a dozen or so roasters in and around Toronto and Montreal in the last few months, and for the last few orders, Detour has been the one I'm most fond of. They take slightly longer to ship, but damn, it's worth the wait.
For Sale:
Nov 14, 2017
981 posts
1801 upvotes
Vancouver
frankie1a wrote: Code seems not work anymore
Yeah I just tried again on my PC and it doesn't work. Just looked back and someone resurrected a 10 day old thread today, that's why the code doesn't work. :(

Might still do it for the 10% sign up bonus.