Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Detour Coffee Black Friday

Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour Over Kettle - $170.86 shipped (Reg - $210)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2021 3:46 am
Nov 26, 2013
25 posts
24 upvotes

[Black Friday] Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour Over Kettle - $170.86 shipped (Reg - $210)

Deal Link:
Savings:
20%+10%
Retailer:
Detour Coffee
Obviously this isn't for everybody. There no doubt will be a discussion on how much anyone should be paying for a kettle. This is for those who missed out on the Costco sale in January for $159.99 and Costco Clearance Sale for $99.97.

Coupon Code: NOMOREBADCUPS is an extra 10% off the 20% Black Friday sale price

Cost summary
Subtotal $168.00
Discount NOMOREBADCUPS - $16.80
$16.80 off total order price
Shipping Free
Taxes (estimated) $19.66
Total CAD $170.86
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best electric kettles!
27 replies
Aug 18, 2013
542 posts
716 upvotes
Good deal if you've been debating between Bonavita and this...just get this

I know ppl that bought the Bonavita and regret not buying this... this is definitely the better kettle.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
2449 posts
4447 upvotes
Vancouver
I still have my Costco one sealed in shipping box. Will probably try to sell it.

I'm happy with the OXO gooseneck
Feb 4, 2007
859 posts
887 upvotes
Off-topic, but has anyone found a source for a sale of the Clever drip brewer? Trying to find one in Canada is proving difficult...
Oct 28, 2019
11 posts
7 upvotes
For those looking for the Corvo version, SSense is selling it at 161CAD + tax

*Edit: Stagg at 161CAD as well
Jun 4, 2019
34 posts
71 upvotes
I got this earlier in the year from Costco for $100. not sure it was worth even that price. It's very stylish and gets a lot of comments but the top leaks which is very annoying.
Jan 8, 2020
637 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver
Although it is very beautiful and probably the best pour over kettle on the market right now, it still doesn't feel like it is good enough to justify the price. There are many user complaints about Stagg EKG design-wise.
Jan 21, 2019
352 posts
252 upvotes
JacksonW35280 wrote: I got this earlier in the year from Costco for $100. not sure it was worth even that price. It's very stylish and gets a lot of comments but the top leaks which is very annoying.
The top only drips a bit it you're tilting it too far. One of the reasons why this kettle is popular in the coffee world is that it has a very restricted flow rate, where the max is reached much before the tilt-angle needed to make it leak.
Last edited by adamthemute on Nov 22nd, 2021 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 4, 2007
859 posts
887 upvotes
j831 wrote: You can get it at cafune.ca - https://cafune.ca/products/clever-coffee-brewer

My friend bought from them before and said they ship pretty fast too.
Awesome, thanks! How about #4 filters, are there certain best bang for your buck ones out there? I can't find specific #4 on the Cafune site, but there are the classic ones on Amazon with some mixed reviews (very slow filter rate, breakage, etc).
Jan 21, 2019
352 posts
252 upvotes
Mysticode wrote: Awesome, thanks! How about #4 filters, are there certain best bang for your buck ones out there? I can't find specific #4 on the Cafune site, but there are the classic ones on Amazon with some mixed reviews (very slow filter rate, breakage, etc).
I used the recommended Kalita 103 ($7 for 100) and Melitta ones (about $4.50 for 80) with barely any difference. The draw-down phase isn't as important with the Clever, so I'd just go with what's available. I have seen that the unbleached brown filters have a bit of a paper taste (you can test this by steeping the paper itself in boiled water for a couple mins), but I'm not sure if that's noticeable in the finished brew.

https://www.roguewavecoffee.ca/products ... 1f88&_ss=r

Rogue Wave also carries the Clever it but sold out atm.
Nov 28, 2013
72 posts
64 upvotes
j831 wrote: You can get it at cafune.ca - https://cafune.ca/products/clever-coffee-brewer

My friend bought from them before and said they ship pretty fast too.
I ordered from them for the first time last week because they're the only Canadian retailer that sells Kinu M47 grinders and my experience was amazing. Ordered Sunday, shipped Monday via Canada Post, received it Tuesday (Montreal to Montreal). It was wrapped like a gift in tissue paper with their logo on it, hand written letter, eco-friendly packaging materials, complimentary 6oz beans 2 weeks off of roast date (I did order a pretty expensive grinder though so I'm not sure if every order would have that)

They have a referral program for 10% off your first order.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM
We were discussing this in the main detour thread earlier but i was too lazy to create a new thread, thanks for posting this.

Can someone please help me decide on what to pair my new kettle with? I’ve narrowed it down to:

Fellow xf + double wall glass carafe
Hario v60 ceramic 02 + stainless steel carafe (or perhaps the kalita wave)

I make 1 cup of coffee, at most 2. Can somebody please make the decision for me, sell me on a good pour over method!
Feb 4, 2007
859 posts
887 upvotes
thinklaterbuynow wrote: I ordered from them for the first time last week because they're the only Canadian retailer that sells Kinu M47 grinders and my experience was amazing. Ordered Sunday, shipped Monday via Canada Post, received it Tuesday (Montreal to Montreal). It was wrapped like a gift in tissue paper with their logo on it, hand written letter, eco-friendly packaging materials, complimentary 6oz beans 2 weeks off of roast date (I did order a pretty expensive grinder though so I'm not sure if every order would have that)

They have a referral program for 10% off your first order.
Message me your referral code? :)
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I really appreciate mine that I got during the Costco clearance and I use it literally every day, but even $99.97 still feels like a lot for a temp-control kettle.
Jun 18, 2011
60 posts
18 upvotes
If anyone happens to have the white costco one from last year, i'd be more than happy to take it at cost.
Nov 13, 2010
71 posts
127 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: I still have my Costco one sealed in shipping box. Will probably try to sell it.

I'm happy with the OXO gooseneck
Are you selling it at cost? I’ll buy it from you!
Nov 13, 2010
71 posts
127 upvotes
Stack your purchase with ampli if you have for 5% cashback (max $5 only)
Apr 11, 2018
15 posts
4 upvotes
moufasa wrote: We were discussing this in the main detour thread earlier but i was too lazy to create a new thread, thanks for posting this.

Can someone please help me decide on what to pair my new kettle with? I’ve narrowed it down to:

I make 1 cup of coffee, at most 2. Can somebody please make the decision for me, sell me on a good pour over method!

I would say v60 is more of a no-brainer for pour-over.
Saying this not because it's better or worse, but for the fact of popularity and user base of this thing.
You can always find tons of tutorials for V60 and find one that fits your taste the best. Lots of accessories for V60 (carafe, filter paper). You even find coffee in grocery stores that says it's tailored for V60...
Jan 21, 2019
352 posts
252 upvotes
moufasa wrote: We were discussing this in the main detour thread earlier but i was too lazy to create a new thread, thanks for posting this.

Fellow XF looks good, but I really hate paying way more for filters. It's double the price of good Cafec V60 filters ($12 for 100 VS $11 for only 45). Here's some interesting tweaks to the Stagg, but tbh at that price it shouldn't need any: https://coffeeadastra.com/2020/12/09/br ... x-dripper/

Generally the V60 could have more acidity/clarity, and a Kalita Wave more body/sweetness. You can tweak a recipe to get those characteristics from either though. Kalita Wave 185 filters go out of stock several times throughout the year...something to consider.

I used a V60 every day until I saw this video from Lance Hendrick about his daily Kono dripper routine. I find his two methods are very good even with a V60 (one for more body/extraction, the other for more acidity/clarity): https://youtu.be/6mA92eLtPxg

Rogue Wave is the only place that carries Kono stuff, the cheapest @ $20 for the small one (about 300ml max brews).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)