Real Estate

Development Lake Simcoe? Innisfil OR Beaverton?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 9:22 am
Jun 12, 2017
48 posts
16 upvotes

Development Lake Simcoe? Innisfil OR Beaverton?

Hi all,

Family of 4 here and looking to move from GTA area towards lake simcoe region. We found quite a few developments currently happening with particular interest in Innisfil OR Beaverton. We are both permanently working from home, thus don’t need to be close to any city.

I like that Beaverton is fairly close to Durham region and easier access to downtown Toronto. Prices over there start from $499 for a detached 39’. Beaverton has a lot of projects coming up in the near future and have a master plan for the city to include major retail/grocery stores to come up there once the developments happen. Currently “Best Homes” is the builder for the site I’m interested in.

Innisfil I’m not really sure yet, I haven’t done much due diligence on the city yet but know that detached homes start from $599 over there. I know there are plenty of developments happening around the West side of lake simcoe.

What are some pros/cons you guys can think of? Any tips as to why one city over the other? What are your thoughts on buying up there?

Thanks in advance!
6 replies
Jun 12, 2017
48 posts
16 upvotes
The cove at belle aire shores looks interesting too. Almost same price range, only they offer bigger houses, I.e. up to 3700 sf compared to max 2555 at Beaverton... decisions decisions...
Feb 6, 2008
174 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Innisfil has some advantages in my opinion:
Train station will be built on 6th line within 3-5 years, but you already have access to Bari south station
Close proximity to a large city - Barrie, in case you need hospitals, restaurants, shopping , classes for your children
Jun 12, 2017
48 posts
16 upvotes
Good points for sure. Beaverton has potential in that the 404 is being extended that way in the future. That will bring in lots of other builders in that area also. Thanks for the response, appreciate it!
Apr 20, 2016
310 posts
282 upvotes
I think the prices you have listed up there are old prices....you might want to double check.....I haven't looked lately but aren't both those projects sold out?
Jun 12, 2017
48 posts
16 upvotes
I know Beaverton site is still for sale. Innisfil was sold out and waiting for Phase 3 to come out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)