• Jul 22nd, 2020 9:33 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 16, 2019
196 posts
98 upvotes

dewalt chain saws?

Hey everyone,

Is in the market for an electric chainsaw. Was looking for a 60v dewalt chainsaw and they seem to be gone everywhere in Canada. Any idea what gives? Are they expecting to release a new shortly? Seems weird that's not available anywhere.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
2003 posts
1734 upvotes
GTA
I think it's just a great product that a lot of people who would have never bought a traditional chain saw would buy now.

I've tried dewalt, Milwaukee and Makita ones, they are all great.

Are you in the dewalt battery platform already?

Also, did you try Atlas or Sauga hardware for stock?

There are for sure distribution issues ongoing.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
It may be an issue with supply to manufacturers nowadays, like I decided to get back in RC trucks after years of getting out of it and I can’t find any stock for some of the biggest brand name RC’s.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2623 posts
1609 upvotes
Alliston, ON
dmitrym879060355 wrote: Hey everyone,

Is in the market for an electric chainsaw. Was looking for a 60v dewalt chainsaw and they seem to be gone everywhere in Canada. Any idea what gives? Are they expecting to release a new shortly? Seems weird that's not available anywhere.
There's is a newer model coming out on Sept 1st. Most tool stores still have the older model in stock. Atlas-Tools, Mississauga Hardware, squares Hardware.

If your not stuck on the DeWalt platform, have a look at the Milwaukee Chainsaw, it's supposed to be pretty good
[OP]
Nov 16, 2019
196 posts
98 upvotes
schade wrote: There's is a newer model coming out on Sept 1st. Most tool stores still have the older model in stock. Atlas-Tools, Mississauga Hardware, squares Hardware.

If your not stuck on the DeWalt platform, have a look at the Milwaukee Chainsaw, it's supposed to be pretty good
Cool then might as well wait. I’ve got some dewalt tools and thinking I’d stick with the platform. Would hate to have multiple chargers..

Btw I’m in BC so wanted to find some stock locally in case.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2623 posts
1609 upvotes
Alliston, ON
dmitrym879060355 wrote: Cool then might as well wait. I’ve got some dewalt tools and thinking I’d stick with the platform. Would hate to have multiple chargers..

Btw I’m in BC so wanted to find some stock locally in case.
Try BC Fastners
[OP]
Nov 16, 2019
196 posts
98 upvotes
schade wrote: There's is a newer model coming out on Sept 1st. Most tool stores still have the older model in stock. Atlas-Tools, Mississauga Hardware, squares Hardware.

@schade i tried googling, but no luck. Any indication what the new models are?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2623 posts
1609 upvotes
Alliston, ON
dmitrym879060355 wrote: @schade i tried googling, but no luck. Any indication what the new models are?
Looking further into it, I guess it might not be new, but it seems they are offering the bare tool version of the chainsaw. Most places say it's available on pre-order and due in Sept 1st.
So either go with the kit now, or wait a month if you don't need more batteries and save a bit of money on the bare tool. If you order the kit online you'd likely have it Friday or Monday. I know Atlas-Tools is really quick with their shipping.

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/dewalt/dccs670b/
[OP]
Nov 16, 2019
196 posts
98 upvotes
Backlight wrote: AvE was not overly impressed -
Yeah I've read that the bar is woobly and it drinks oil. I'm gonna use it half a dozen times a year while camping and trail clearing. Not keen on having another battery system but maybe I should at least look...
Jan 8, 2011
673 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
dmitrym879060355 wrote: Yeah I've read that the bar is woobly and it drinks oil. I'm gonna use it half a dozen times a year while camping and trail clearing. Not keen on having another battery system but maybe I should at least look...
Stihl has battery saws, don’t know much about them though. Also, the Stihl ms170 gas saw is ok for basic homeowner work and available for $200 (if a gas saw is of interest).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)