Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Diadora road bike at London drugs

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2018 6:45 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1352 posts
1283 upvotes
Calgary
User703767 wrote: I think most of us will not be able to tell the difference between 10 or 11speeds. And most rider cannot tell the difference between 105 and ultegra.

http://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/201 ... no-ultegra

For the price it is a really good deal. As far as the brakes just spend $25 to change the pad the kool stop. Makes a huge different

And the velofix people should be able to put the bike together better than Costco. ( I love Costco for everything else)
Agreed, 10 speed vs 11 speed won't make a big difference to the average rider (parts compatibility for future upgrades, maybe). Same with 105 vs mechanical ultegra - I have to compare my 6800 ultegra side by side vs 5800 105 to notice a difference.

I haven't compared personally, but by all reports the 5800 105 is a huge step up from the 5700 105 and even the 4700 Tiagra has better feel and shifting performance thanks to trickle down in Shimano's hierarchy - last gen's dura ace gets trickled down to Ultegra, Ultegra down to 105, 105 down to Tiagra and so on.

I'm not disputing whether it's a good deal or not, my point is for people to not get blinded by "105" and automatically think that it's comparable to a modern 105 groupset (ie. "my LBS's cheapest 105 bike is $1500", etc) or better than a current Tiagra groupset. And similarly not to automatically think that the 2 generation old Tiagra components are better than the most recent Sora (2017) components on the Costco bike.

Absolutely agree that Velofix will do a better job assembling than Costco so you'll leave with a safe, well assembled product... but cables stretch (or housings compress) so you'll have to make adjustments in a month or two anyways and you don't get any more support with LD/Velofix in that respect than with Costco.
Dec 25, 2007
768 posts
782 upvotes
Vancouver
Just to update this thread, there are still a few bikes in Coquitlam.

I would pass on them though...I bought the Sport model thinking Tiagra would be good enough. My beater bike has 2011 Sora parts on it and it is significantly better than this bike.
The VeloFix folks really don't know how to setup a bike from what I have seen here. Brake pads were barely contacting the rim, derailers weren't indexed from what I can tell (there is no way that normal cable stretch even from 2014 could be this bad). I have ridden a Northrock road bike and the Sport and I can tell you that you are far better off with the Northrock. The Alex wheels appear to be pretty strong with 32 spokes but they don't spin up to speed very nicely.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
3047 posts
701 upvotes
Was looking at a Diadora hybrid bike at SportChek around $339. Does anyone have experience with this brand?
I know it's not going to be comparable to Specialized, Trek, Giant etc. but I need some confidence that it's at least better than a Supercycle (Canadian Tire) etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)