Expired Hot Deals

Dickson BBQ 20% off accessories includes Yeti

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 5:21 pm
24 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 9, 2004
1389 posts
189 upvotes
Thanks!

Free shipping over $100 which is calculated prior to coupon code. So technically free shipping over $75

Loaded up on commercial rubs and sauces. Highly recommend Dizzy Dust for an BBQ enthusiasts
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2013
138 posts
33 upvotes
Any other recommended rubs? I really don't want to put $100 all on the same one. Thanks.
Newbie
Dec 22, 2009
58 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
All the Meat Church robs are great, hardcore carnivore, Dicksons rubs: i’ve Had the maple one it’s good.
Meat church are the go-to in our house though
Sr. Member
May 26, 2005
806 posts
557 upvotes
Just got asked in an email regarding the promo code by Dickson. Was this supposed to be a secret code?
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2005
728 posts
573 upvotes
Thanks op!

Pulled the trigger on an ikamand for my joe. Regular price is $329+rax got it for $253 taxes in

https://dicksonbbq.com/products/ikamand

It may take the fun out of dialing in and keeping a consistent temperature for smoking but looking forward to long cooks where I don't need to worry at all.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
12565 posts
7299 upvotes
Markham
Allan81 wrote: All the Meat Church robs are great, hardcore carnivore, Dicksons rubs: i’ve Had the maple one it’s good.
Meat church are the go-to in our house though
IMO rubs are kindof a waste of money as they are way too expensive for what you're buying. $13 for 14 oz. Yikes! Sugar, Salt, Onion, Garlic, Paprika, Pepper is likely 90% of the weight and you get no SILICONE DIOXIDE whatever that is.

Meat Church Honey Hog Rub Ingredients: Sugar, salt, honey powder (refined syrup, honey), spices including, paprika, dextrose, dehydrated garlic, celery, no greater than 2% silicone dioxide to prevent caking & spice extractives. Gluten Free. No MSG

Go to the bulk store and buy the individual ingredients and mix them to your tastes.

There are rub recipes all over the internet and you can tailor them to your taste preference.

Check out something like Dr BBQ Big Time BBQ rub and start there. add or subtract as per your taste profile.
Another one quite well known.
https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/ ... rub-recipe
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
12565 posts
7299 upvotes
Markham
Something people could look to buy which never goes on sale are GRILL GRATES. Not cheap but they are a great addition to a Traegar or Pellet Grill or a regular propane BBQ.

https://dicksonbbq.com/collections/grillgrates

Discussion/review:
https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews ... ill-grates

They also sell the "Cadillac" of thermometers = Thermoworks MK4 thermometers. $135 less 20% = $108 + tx.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2897 posts
1401 upvotes
Thanks OP...bought Charcoal, Yeti, Wood Chunks and Some Rubs.

Free shipping is great!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2897 posts
1401 upvotes
PS OP...how did you find the coupon?

I don't see it listed anywhere on their website/Facebook
Newbie
Aug 17, 2017
56 posts
54 upvotes
Beware... lots of negative reviews/feedbacks on the Ikamand. This one seems to be Gen1.. I think Gen2 just arrived so they are probably clearing out whats left..
I went with the flameboss 400 for the bigjoe.. thx OP !
discoblues wrote: Thanks op!

Pulled the trigger on an ikamand for my joe. Regular price is $329+rax got it for $253 taxes in

https://dicksonbbq.com/products/ikamand

It may take the fun out of dialing in and keeping a consistent temperature for smoking but looking forward to long cooks where I don't need to worry at all.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1379 posts
1303 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got a Slow N' Sear 2.0 for my Weber kettle.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
4303 posts
1670 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
discoblues wrote: Thanks op!

Pulled the trigger on an ikamand for my joe. Regular price is $329+rax got it for $253 taxes in

https://dicksonbbq.com/products/ikamand

It may take the fun out of dialing in and keeping a consistent temperature for smoking but looking forward to long cooks where I don't need to worry at all.
Smokealot69 wrote: Beware... lots of negative reviews/feedbacks on the Ikamand. This one seems to be Gen1.. I think Gen2 just arrived so they are probably clearing out whats left..
I went with the flameboss 400 for the bigjoe.. thx OP !
I can confirm they are selling the gen 1 which has issues. They've had it at the discounted price around $280 for a few weeks now so I reached out to them awhile back to ask if it was gen 1 or gen 2 and they confirmed to me they were selling the gen 1.

I found out about the sale at a tradeshow a few weeks ago and used it to grab the newer "Kontrol Tower" for my KJ Classic and a second cast iron griddle as we use ours a lot and sometimes want full coverage with it. Being on a budget currently kills me as I really wanted to add to my Yeti collection as well.
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2009
649 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: IMO rubs are kindof a waste of money as they are way too expensive for what you're buying. $13 for 14 oz. Yikes! Sugar, Salt, Onion, Garlic, Paprika, Pepper is likely 90% of the weight and you get no SILICONE DIOXIDE whatever that is.

Meat Church Honey Hog Rub Ingredients: Sugar, salt, honey powder (refined syrup, honey), spices including, paprika, dextrose, dehydrated garlic, celery, no greater than 2% silicone dioxide to prevent caking & spice extractives. Gluten Free. No MSG

Go to the bulk store and buy the individual ingredients and mix them to your tastes.

There are rub recipes all over the internet and you can tailor them to your taste preference.

Check out something like Dr BBQ Big Time BBQ rub and start there. add or subtract as per your taste profile.
Another one quite well known.
https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/ ... rub-recipe
1000% agree. reiterate: 90% of just about all rubs is composed of: salt, pepper, white sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika.
get creative and make it your own style: kosher salt, brown sugar, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, +chili powder, + oregano, +cumin, etc. for a fraction of the cost.

another place for rub recipes:
https://www.thespruceeats.com/bbq-rubs-4162649

i've been eyeing this for the past year or two. i guess it's not an "accessory" :<
Image
Weber 22" LTD. EDITION MASTER TOUCH KETTLE-SPRING GREEN
Sr. Member
Jun 25, 2005
632 posts
302 upvotes
Personally, I grab some rubs when I get a chance to try something interesting and different especially for chicken and seafood. They also last a long time.

Good quality meat is rather expensive so i don’t mind spending 0.75 on a rub on $30-$50 worth of meat. As long as you are making delicious food and it’s cheaper than overpaying at a restaurant, you’re still doing good.
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2005
728 posts
573 upvotes
Smokealot69 wrote: Beware... lots of negative reviews/feedbacks on the Ikamand. This one seems to be Gen1.. I think Gen2 just arrived so they are probably clearing out whats left..
I went with the flameboss 400 for the bigjoe.. thx OP !
It seems that many of the negative reviews are from wifi connectivity errors which appear to be fixed in newer firmware updates.

https://ikamand.freshdesk.com/support/s ... te-history

KJ customer support has always been top notch, if it has issues im sure they will send me a new one.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
4303 posts
1670 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
discoblues wrote: It seems that many of the negative reviews are from wifi connectivity errors which appear to be fixed in newer firmware updates.

https://ikamand.freshdesk.com/support/s ... te-history

KJ customer support has always been top notch, if it has issues im sure they will send me a new one.
I read a lot of user reviews saying the fan was dying out after only a few uses. That scared me away from the gen 1. Hope to grab a gen 2 in the future.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1593 posts
356 upvotes
Can online orders be returned to one of their store locations? Contemplating a slow n sear...
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2008
868 posts
514 upvotes
GTA
Good find - I just grabbed a cast iron grate and kick ash basket for my kamado joe

Top