• Sep 2nd, 2016 11:51 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 10, 2012
892 posts
351 upvotes

Did Amazon switch shipping couriers?

I used to get 99% of my packages by Canada Post, the other 1% would be larger shipments that UPS would deliver. The past 2 weeks I've ordered 4 things and they've all come from Purolator and the shipping is slower even with Prime.
61 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
I said the same thing.
Never saw Purolator until recently.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8655 posts
2351 upvotes
CUPW about to be on strike, purolator isnt
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: CUPW about to be on strike, purolator isnt
It's crap like this that makes amazon be their own courier.
Not that I can blame them when their core business principle isn't working due to disputes.
I'd want to vertically integrate too.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33722 posts
7364 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Amazon should be applauded for making sure you get your shipments by switching couriers. Canada Post wants to go on strike when postage is at an all time low. No one uses mail anymore. I guess we can expect another increase in postage prices soon
[OP]
Mar 10, 2012
892 posts
351 upvotes
Gee wrote: Amazon should be applauded for making sure you get your shipments by switching couriers. Canada Post wants to go on strike when postage is at an all time low. No one uses mail anymore. I guess we can expect another increase in postage prices soon
except that the service is usually horrible with Purolator.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
12361 posts
146231 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I been getting some private one call Intercom. I hate them, they always leave my package outside my door when I'm out of work, especially when it's something expensive... :(

Ju Leon...
[OP]
Mar 10, 2012
892 posts
351 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

I been getting some private one call Intercom. I hate them, they always leave my package outside my door when I'm out of work, especially when it's something expensive... :(

Ju Leon...

Yup, Purolator delivered the first package the other day and just left in plain sight outside and it was expensive. Their shipping also takes longer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6812 posts
578 upvotes
I made a post on reddit, I only get packages now through Amazon's private delivery service (white rented vans, no uniforms) albeit to a commercial address in the GTA. They came and "scouted" my location to find out delivery instructions a few months ago too (my business didn't have a sign then, they sent someone randomly to check)

The deliveries come lightning quick, and I prefer it to Canada Post. But I can understand how residential doesn't
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12433 posts
3632 upvotes
GTA
Just to point out.

It's looking like Canada Post will be locking out workers coz CUPW won't accept a truck load of rollbacks. Workers just want a fair contract, no crazy gains or anything. If they just renewed the current contract, CUPW would sign up.

It wasn't Amazon that decided to 'switch' companies, it's Canada Post switching from CP to Purolator, which it owns 91% of. Readying for a lockout.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Permah wrote: Yup, Purolator delivered the first package the other day and just left in plain sight outside and it was expensive. Their shipping also takes longer.
Hello Permah,

A delivery is completed when the signature of the receiver is obtained unless the shipper or receiver selects the option "signature not required". In such cases, the package is left at the door as requested, without the receiver's signature. It might be possible, in certain cases, to let the sender know not to select that option if you do not wish to have your shipments left at your door.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly should you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Vincent
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5651 posts
3568 upvotes
I got 15+ packages in the past 2 weeks, and they shipped with Canada Post, UPS, Purolator, FedEx (most packages to lowest).
I hate that Canada Post doesn't leave the packages at the door. Purolator leaves them but doesn't even knock on the door. :facepalm: Love UPS because they knock on the door, wait, then hand them over if someone opens the door or leave there if no one opens, not sure about FedEx yet.

UPS is usually the slowest one because when they say 4 days, it doesn't arrive any earlier than that, whereas with Canada Post, even if Amazon ship on Sunday, it's usually delivered on Monday.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19185 posts
27630 upvotes
ONTARIO
For me it's usually Canada Post if it's coming from their Mississauga warehouse and isn't a very heavy item.
Otherwise it's usually FedEx/UPS.

I recently ordered something from their Warehouse Deals section and it just shipped today. Looks like it's coming from their BC warehouse, so they are shipping it via UPS.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5651 posts
3568 upvotes
Purolator left my Amazon orders at the wrong door today. Went really quick from not knocking on the door to delivering to wrong address. :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13901 posts
8994 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Amzn Courier. They have their own in-house courier now for domestic shipping.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 2, 2016
86 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Husband and I ordered two separate shipments on a Sunday at the exact same time with our respective accounts. My order was a box of diapers. His order was exact same box of diapers plus diaper genie. (We made separate orders for the Pampers $3 discount.) I received my order by Amazon in-house delivery on Wednesday (so 3 business days). Husband's order wasn't delivered to us until the following Monday (6 business days) and it was delivered by Purolator. Maybe the diaper genie made the difference in the different couriers and delivery times...?
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: Purolator left my Amazon orders at the wrong door today. Went really quick from not knocking on the door to delivering to wrong address. :facepalm:
Hi hvwozq,

I’m very sorry to hear about this incident.

Have we already opened a trace filed to have the shipment retrieved from the wrong address?

If not, please email us the details and tracking number we’ll make the arrangements ASAP.

Thanks,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2302 posts
1375 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Yep, my Prime orders have certainly switched to Purolator as of this week. What a huge hassle! An important package that I ordered next day is currently bouncing around between Purolator pickup locations. UPS and Canada Post are only a block away from my home and open way later than Purolator. This is super inconvenient and I've complained to both Purolator and Amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5651 posts
3568 upvotes
PurolatorHelp wrote: Hi hvwozq,

I’m very sorry to hear about this incident.

Have we already opened a trace filed to have the shipment retrieved from the wrong address?

If not, please email us the details and tracking number we’ll make the arrangements ASAP.

Thanks,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
At first, I thought the packages were stolen since the driver just leaves all packages without even knocking on the door. So I watched the security footage to figure out what happened, and saw that your driver left it at the wrong door (didn't knock on that door either). I went to the neighbours and got my packages.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3652 posts
2312 upvotes
Edmonton
Oh, no, not Purolator!

Last Purolator delivery (had no shipping option) went missing. Purolator stated it was delivered. Sure, one of two options: delivered to the wrong address or left at door and was stolen.