Shopping Discussion

Did I got scammed by AliExpress seller??

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 7:00 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4830 posts
4844 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Did I got scammed by AliExpress seller??

Here is what happen.
I can't get any mask anywhere back in Feb. So I ordered 100mask at AliExpress for $80. It show it will arrive in 30days when I place my order.

I check weekly and still showing not ship. At about 28 days since I place my order, it said now expect to arrive in mid-May.
I got notification said it was shipped May 14.
Then the system show it extend the arrival day to late Sept.
Which mean I can't even open a case.

So now mask is widely available at much cheaper price, but my order back from Feb can arrive as late as end of Sept and I can't do anything about it.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4267 posts
297 upvotes
Hamilton
Last time I use Aliexpress it was really just a website that connected you to vendors. Quality was highly variable and it seemed like terms were set by vendor. What were the shipping terms? How did you pay?

If masks were to be delivered by now I believe Aliexpress has buyer protections. Paypal has protections. Your credit card has protections.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3770 posts
2448 upvotes
London
call your cc and tell them u never got the item they will dispute the charge for u.
Oct 22, 2016
898 posts
811 upvotes
Comox Valley
Last 2 orders of mine in the past 4 months, did not arrive from them. I just ask for refund, which they have given me.

Previously worked well with them, not now with covid
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4830 posts
4844 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If is like 2 -3 months, I can totally understand.

but now the ETA is Late Sept? That is 7 months from my order date. I pay higher price because of demand.
So like if something new release, the demand is high and I pay full price, or over MSPR, but now they told me I will get it 7 months later.........

I just try to open a case and it won't let me because it is still "within purchase protection period". I have to wait till end of Sept before I can open a case.
That's assume the date won't change again. It been changed 3 times already. It just keep moving later and later
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4267 posts
297 upvotes
Hamilton
Regardless of what they say now, what was the original agreement? Does your original email state this? I do admit that with Aliexpress I would screen capture everything. If you have proof of the original agreement then go with paypal or your cc for charge back.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13777 posts
3131 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
AliExpress, haha. Nuff said. China products are always a hassle to receive in good times. Now with the beer virus?? Fahgetaboutit!! Last time I bought anything from China was back in feb via AMZN at the start of the pandemic. Took 6 weeks to arrive for a lousy thermometer... with a ton of excuses from the 3rd party seller in between. Never again. I can imagine AliExpress during these times. YIKES!!!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4921 posts
551 upvotes
BC
Same thing happen to me.. I bought mask in late Jan and then again late feb... both order never arrived but got refund from AliExpress.. I bought on eBay instead and got it with 30 days
Feb 26, 2018
211 posts
228 upvotes
I've given up on AliExpress. Half the things I order don't show, and the ones that do take months. It's okay for trinkets you don't need anytime soon but really just head to the dollarama for most of the things you get on AE.