Automotive

Did RockAuto changed a shipping method ?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 10:48 pm
[OP]
Sep 1, 2009
316 posts
251 upvotes
gta

Did RockAuto changed a shipping method ?

I Ordered couple of parts hoping to get from rockauto+ fedex within 2days.

One was somehow sent via DHL. And hasn’t been moved an inch since Saturday. Other one is about to get deliver tomorrow sometimes in the afternoon via fedex.

I find his very unusual compare to fedex that has always been sent from where ever in USA to Memphis TN in a day and next day around afternoon it travels from Memphis to Romulus MI and gets delivered the 3rd day in the morning via Windsor fedex to my place.

I will keep you posted if this is new development and keep you updated if there were unexpected situations like late deliveries / unpaid duties or double dipping on import charges by their Canadian broker.

And I hope my part gets delivered via DHL just like fedex or else this will be my last order to rockauto.

So the picture below. It’s funny how fedex moved during Sunday’s and DHL is simply sitting duck the whole weekend.
Images
  • ED20B07F-4521-4B11-B832-113E19E8ECDC.jpeg
  • FD8DB608-B266-4F13-BBDE-AD22F7BDF073.png
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”-John Galt 😎
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1284 posts
1539 upvotes
Barrie, ON
You wondering why shipping might be delayed or screwed up during this pandemic?
[OP]
Sep 1, 2009
316 posts
251 upvotes
gta
I understand your sentiment with covid-19 AKA “the pandemic “
It’s been a month in to living in a “new normal” if fedex can do it, why can’t DHL is my question?
If my local home hardware is doing better than my local CT why “Canadian tire “ is behind optimizing and polishing their new standards for the product process and delivery methods?

I am not arguing about pandemic. It’s happening worldwide but how long and how far we are all willing to excuse everyone/everything else for suboptimal performance ?

Did you notice most corporate twitters - everyone is blaming covid-19. But, no one is willing to take responsibility for failing to do their job at incorporating newer systems/ learning new strategies that could fix these issues.
Sometimes you have to learn from your competition.
“Survival of the fittest “ in a true sense. BTW fedex is out for delivery already and DHL is still stuck. Eat your heart out DHL.

Ignore those downvotes - they are from DHL employees lol!
Images
  • E843F325-E017-4FBE-8B4C-2BB50FF60AC1.png
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”-John Galt 😎
Aug 21, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
Well, think about this; I work with a lot of companies in the USA and the challenge they're facing right now, especially for the lower paid employees (under 20$/hour, most of them do NOT want to go back to work because they make more money on unemployment due to all the extras added in.

It is highly likely that DHL pays their employees less than FedEx and so they prefer to stay home instead of going in to work hence causing your delay because they're short staffed.

Not sure how much DHL employees make but based on how they run their operations in North American, I'm willing to bet they make less than FedEx, UPS etc...
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4735 posts
5814 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So how many shipping charages did Rockauto charge you for? When I order from rock, it shows me the shipper that they will use. Don't like it? Pick a different part. Sometimes you have to shuffle things around to get the best shipping rate.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35526 posts
21579 upvotes
Center of Universe
FedEx offloads packages to DHL all the time, when they are near ore above capacity.
Dec 7, 2009
399 posts
196 upvotes
B-Town
Sometimes they don't consolidate parts from different warehouses, so they ship parts from 2 different locations thus two shippers.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2261 posts
933 upvotes
Hometown
If you wanted it fast. Why didn't you open a "commercial" account with a local parts jobber and pay the Canadian garage price... Which is less than retail and with the current exchange it might even be cheaper than Rockauto, but I doubt it.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2009
316 posts
251 upvotes
gta
Asked mike from the fedex who delivered my items today.

He said DHL / UPS /PL/ fedex etc. Pays pretty much the same - so myth busted.

UPS is three weeks behind and DHL is 2weeks behind.

DHL is still stuck at Rochester - apparently got picked up tonight at 6:30 pm

They are simply delayed and working ever so slow to deal with whatever they got going.

General advise to everyone please prefer fedex as they are fast right now. Atleast for the time being.

We can close this thread now before I get bombarded by people who wants to bite my head off and drawn me in a downvotes.

For People offering me some random parallel solution - question remains the same - would you or would you not prefer rockauto, if they keep choosing DHL for some reason because one of your combined order was sent from a different warehouse via totally different courier company you had never expected?