Computers & Electronics

Did Windows Live got hacked/breached?! Received 11 Emails about Windows Live Code!!

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1743 upvotes

Did Windows Live got hacked/breached?! Received 11 Emails about Windows Live Code!!

Received 11 emails today from Windows live about this. I never requested any codes from them, and do not recall doing any changes to my account!

Seems like there was some kind of Security breach at Microsoft and there is certainly much more to this. Anyone else received this email too?

[QUOTE]Hi,

Please use the code ******* to use your Windows Live ID from an unrecognized computer.

If you didn't request this code, we recommend that you go to https://account.live.com and update your security information.

Thanks,
The Windows Live Team[/QUOTE]
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39425 posts
5823 upvotes
King City
xalex0 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2012 2:02 pm
your account got hacked.
+1
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
141 upvotes
Your account didn't get hacked... Windows live stopped someone from gaining access to your account and sent that code to your email to confirm your ID.

I would change your password and security questions and call it a day.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3911 posts
1044 upvotes
Vancouver
mcplar wrote:
Jul 4th, 2012 4:34 pm
Your account didn't get hacked... Windows live stopped someone from gaining access to your account and sent that code to your email to confirm your ID.

I would change your password and security questions and call it a day.
bingo!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
mcplar wrote:
Jul 4th, 2012 4:34 pm
Your account didn't get hacked...
Since this is a new feature, there is no guarantee that the attacker hasn't been successful before. Why would anyone brute force with 11 attempts?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I've been getting the same thing.. kept getting it after I changed my password... I just ignore it now because it's one of my many spare accounts so even if it got hacked I wouldn't be affected
© 2015