Automotive

Did you get your new EDL yet?

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2010 9:50 pm

Poll: Did you get your EDL yet?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple

Did you get your new EDL yet?

I went for my EDL appointment on the 22nd of may at the yonge and sheppard location in toronto.

I just got my EDL today via DHL courier delivery. Nothing really special except it says CAN on the top right corner and the back looks like passport bar code

The protective sleeve to hold the EDL in to protect your RFID chip is just a ordinary paper sleeve. At least that is what i think it is.

Did you get yours yet?
28 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18288 posts
2148 upvotes
Woodbridge
I will renew it by the end of July.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
cross the border yesterday with it

very convinient
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Hubby has his appt this week.
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19543 posts
4160 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I have a passport, I don't really need it. Actutally, the last time I renewed my driver's license, it was about 1 month before the EDL came into effect, so I will probably be one of the last people to have it.
- Casual Gastronomist -
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
i think it is good just because of one thing, you do not need to worry about losing your passport. I have a passport too but I think it is so troublesome when i cross the border with it as i have to be extra careful and stuff.

With a EDL,even if i lose it, it will not be as much trouble as losing a passport
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Just to be clear, one has to apply for an EDL seperately. It's a seperate process than a renewal. All the info and making the interview appt is on the ServiceOntario website. It also costs an additional $40...
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19543 posts
4160 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
CSK'sMom wrote: Just to be clear, one has to apply for an EDL seperately. It's a seperate process than a renewal. All the info and making the interview appt is on the ServiceOntario website. It also costs an additional $40...
Good to know, thanks. The last thing I want is another RFID to carry around.

/puts more aluminium foil into wallet
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2538 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
Are the EDL's the new drivers licenses? One that look like this?
Luckyinfil wrote: No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2280 posts
20 upvotes
Quick question

If you get an EDL now, do you have to pay again when you renew (2 months from now)?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5917 posts
589 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
$75, meh i'll save and carry my passport. An EDL for me would probably be online helpful if i take a spontaenous trip to the border :o
--
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19543 posts
4160 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
ygtgxi wrote: Did you get yours yet?
Nope, I don't need an EDL because I always keep my passport current.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Mar 23, 2004
41607 posts
7601 upvotes
Markham
m4gician wrote: $75, meh i'll save and carry my passport. An EDL for me would probably be online helpful if i take a spontaenous trip to the border :o
It's $40 :D

It's useful if u go to the states by land alot and dont feel like renewing your passport once eveyer 5 years ($87).