Shopping Discussion

Did you take advantage of the FujiFilm 50pk deals at bestbuy.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2004 5:13 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4258 posts
49 upvotes

Did you take advantage of the FujiFilm 50pk deals at bestbuy.ca?

Considering there were roughly about 120 (not trying to be exact here) of these spindles available online between the past two days at http://www.Bestbuy.ca for all of Canada (as ridiculous as it sounds).

I noticed alot of people from RFD had bought some from the website, and was curious to know just how much of an impact we had in taking all the spindles available! So please reply with how many spindles you ordered from the website only and lets see what the percentage of the stock RFD took! :)

I'll start, I ordered two spindles. One dvd - One dvd +
Your Turn.
62 replies
Banned
Aug 3, 2004
1888 posts
NONE
I check it at least 10 times a day.. both yesterday and today.. never had any luck, always sold out.. the only time i saw it instock was at 12 on christmas eve.. but i couldn't check out becuz they kept me at the checkout process for an hour.. when I actually get to check out, they gave me the sold out msg.. sigh.. I end up buying a Benq 100 pack DVD+R at futureshop..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7234 posts
2027 upvotes
T dot 6
Bought one Fuji dvd-r spindle.

4 mins after I ordered the BB site was unuseable.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1082 posts
199 upvotes
PACIFIC
one 50-pack DVD+R, one 50-pack DVD-R
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
2 packs of -R and 2 packs of +R and hopefully some more tommorrow in store ;)
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10006 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
the best buy in burliungton, has tons and tons... left.. no one cared about them... I was there at around 10 or so.. when I'd woke up! lol.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
I bought 2 packs of the + when the sale first started early Saturday morning. I've had no luck since then and since BB isn't in Quebec yet I guess I will have to settle for those two.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3916 posts
132 upvotes
There are some in the markham and scarborough location for those in the toronto area.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2580 posts
174 upvotes
i went to the woodbridge BB and they were out, but i kinda wnet pretty late

so i got the benq spindles
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2915 posts
324 upvotes
Nations Capital
nope, had them in my cart a few times. But every single time they sold out in the middle of checkout.
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Sep 27, 2004
858 posts
175 upvotes
I grabbed one +R and one -R. My brother grabbed one of each as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
Just got back from the BB store and the guy was changing the price back up to 50$ on these as I walked up. He had the new tag in his hand I was like hold on cowboy, I need to grab some of those first. Picked up 20 packs of -R's and 5 packs of +R's. Enough blanks to last me for a couple years probably. The guy was wondering what was so special about them so I just said they were a very high quality media. He said I was lucky I got there when I did as if the price had changed they wouldn't have let me get them for 20$. Awesome timing I guess, very good boxing day/week overall for me :)
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Sep 27, 2004
858 posts
175 upvotes
Mike71 wrote:Just got back from the BB store and the guy was changing the price back up to 50$ on these as I walked up. He had the new tag in his hand I was like hold on cowboy, I need to grab some of those first. Picked up 20 packs of -R's and 5 packs of +R's. Enough blanks to last me for a couple years probably. The guy was wondering what was so special about them so I just said they were a very high quality media. He said I was lucky I got there when I did as if the price had changed they wouldn't have let me get them for 20$. Awesome timing I guess, very good boxing day/week overall for me :)
25 PACKS? A COUPLE OF YEARS?

Are you nuts? Prices will drop. Technology will change. Hell, there's always next boxing day too!

But then, personally, 25 packs would last me the rest of my life :P
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
2301 posts
all i wanted was one spindle of +
*sigh*
"Feelin' okay this mornin', and you know,
We're on the road to paradise...Here we go"
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
2301 posts
Well- this is prolly a long shot but-

did anyone pick up a media spindle of + and want to sell it to me? *please*
"Feelin' okay this mornin', and you know,
We're on the road to paradise...Here we go"
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
I'll sell you one of mine if you like. PM me :)
Heat 51-0-0

Mar 12, 2002
165 posts
18 upvotes
Olds
Mike71 wrote:I'll sell you one of mine if you like. PM me :)
hey mike,..... hoarding are we? ;)

regards

-iD-