Shopping Discussion

Did you take advantage of the FujiFilm 50pk deals at bestbuy.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2004 5:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
haha, not selling for a profit. :cheesygri Just trying to help someone out who wasn't able to get one. ;)
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3919 posts
136 upvotes
Mike71 wrote:Just got back from the BB store and the guy was changing the price back up to 50$ on these as I walked up. He had the new tag in his hand I was like hold on cowboy, I need to grab some of those first. Picked up 20 packs of -R's and 5 packs of +R's. Enough blanks to last me for a couple years probably. The guy was wondering what was so special about them so I just said they were a very high quality media. He said I was lucky I got there when I did as if the price had changed they wouldn't have let me get them for 20$. Awesome timing I guess, very good boxing day/week overall for me :)
Holy crap! 574.71 dollars on DVD media
:eek:

You do know there's still 16x media too you know?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
Riflem@n wrote:Holy crap! 574.71 dollars on DVD media
:eek:

You do know there's still 16x media too you know?
haha, some of these are for friends and family, both my brother and sister got a dvd burner for xmas. Anyways, at that price I couldn't resist :D
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
2301 posts
Mike71 wrote:haha, not selling for a profit. :cheesygri Just trying to help someone out who wasn't able to get one. ;)
Thanks Mike!

A good guy helping out. :D :D :D
"Feelin' okay this mornin', and you know,
We're on the road to paradise...Here we go"
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
dtcanada wrote:NONE
I check it at least 10 times a day.. both yesterday and today.. never had any luck, always sold out.. the only time i saw it instock was at 12 on christmas eve.. but i couldn't check out becuz they kept me at the checkout process for an hour.. when I actually get to check out, they gave me the sold out msg.. sigh.. I end up buying a Benq 100 pack DVD+R at futureshop..
same situation here.... :evil:
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
Mike71 wrote:Just got back from the BB store and the guy was changing the price back up to 50$ on these as I walked up. He had the new tag in his hand I was like hold on cowboy, I need to grab some of those first. Picked up 20 packs of -R's and 5 packs of +R's. Enough blanks to last me for a couple years probably. The guy was wondering what was so special about them so I just said they were a very high quality media. He said I was lucky I got there when I did as if the price had changed they wouldn't have let me get them for 20$. Awesome timing I guess, very good boxing day/week overall for me :)
-------------------------------

u live in AB ? me too.... i was gonna go there 2day.... so r u *absolutely* sure they've changed the price on those .... as in the "scanned cash register price reflected a 'jacked-up' price??... cuz i wanted to get some today....

MJM ;)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
I'm not 100% sure, you could call first and ask or you could sweet talk some nice CSR there into giving you the price from yesterday. I would maybe call first if its a long drive from where you are.
Heat 51-0-0

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4261 posts
49 upvotes
Hey Mike how did you manage to even carry all those out the door? Was it a group effort? 25, that's insane.
I only got two, now I feel I should have got more.

I just came back from the Bestbuy at Downsview in Toronto, and they were all sold out of the fuji's...damn I wanted to get more...Oh well, I did grab a 250gb WD for $129AR, so they trip wasn't a total loss. Pretty good deal, cause the cost price for Bestbuy on those drives is 185.80 (I looked it up on their computer)

If anyone else is interested, they still have loads of 160's and 250's sitting around.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
Wildfire wrote:Hey Mike how did you manage to even carry all those out the door? Was it a group effort? 25, that's insane.
I only got two, now I feel I should have got more.
I used a big box and a cart and the box was damn heavy! :cheesygri
Heat 51-0-0

Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
I just checked Bestbuy.ca a few minutes ago and somehow 2 spindles of the + discs were available. I quickly grabbed one, finished checking out and then tried getting the second. I was nearly through the checkout procedure for the second one when it told me that it was out of stock. Just a notice that it's possible that more may be up for grabs on the site later tonight.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
I would say those ones were from cancelled orders, not a restock. I cancelled one of mine earlier so someone could try to grab it but no luck :(
Heat 51-0-0

Mar 12, 2002
165 posts
18 upvotes
Olds
mahjongmaniac wrote:-------------------------------

u live in AB ? me too.... i was gonna go there 2day.... so r u *absolutely* sure they've changed the price on those .... as in the "scanned cash register price reflected a 'jacked-up' price??... cuz i wanted to get some today....

MJM ;)
i went to bb today at around 4 pm and picked up 2 spindles of them @ 19.99... the sign still says 19.99 above the dvd-rs, but at the till it rang in at 49.99... i wouldn't have bought them if it wasn't for mike71 mentioning them constantly.. :lol:

regards

-iD-
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7836 posts
602 upvotes
Edmonton
WoW my order has shipped. I must say, this is the fastest BB has shipped in the last month, out of 15 orders.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
None!
Arg.. I guess my two spindes of Maxell +Rs I got for $27 last week will have to last me for a while :->
So long. I'm outta here.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14589 posts
5816 upvotes
Ottawa
1 spindle +R

You should have posted this as a poll
Feb 23, 2002
603 posts
37 upvotes
Hellfire wrote:WoW my order has shipped. I must say, this is the fastest BB has shipped in the last month, out of 15 orders.

Sorry but the courier companies are off work till Dec 29th. Your order is still waiting in the distribution centre.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4261 posts
49 upvotes
warpdrive wrote:1 spindle +R

You should have posted this as a poll
I was considering that, but then how do you count multiple spindle purchases by the same person? Wait, ahh, I guess I could have made different options for 1, 2 ,3, etc. Oh well.

I think the count is currently at 22 btw.