• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2017 10:00 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes

diet coke slushie

For some reason the shell gas station that had diet coke slushes all removed their machines

anyone know where to find diet slushies?

i just get the regular ones now, but if theres diet then that would obviously be better

in the 404 / 16th avenue area (markham/richomndhill)
59 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote: i called, nope
Looks like 7 11 (for now) is fixed on only carrying diet cream soda slurpees.
I could have sworn there was at least a diet Pepsi slurpee, but it looks like I'm wrong about that. (for now?)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Do you have a Circle K in your city? They tend to have a wide variety of flavours.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Looks like 7 11 (for now) is fixed on only carrying diet cream soda slurpees.
I could have sworn there was at least a diet Pepsi slurpee, but it looks like I'm wrong about that. (for now?)
which one? i am fine with any flavour diet slushie, cream soda, orange, mountain dew anything diet lol
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: Do you have a Circle K in your city? They tend to have a wide variety of flavours.
never even heard of this place, I'm in canada, toronto
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
toronto19850 wrote: never even heard of this place, I'm in canada, toronto
Macs will become Circle K soon.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
toronto19850 wrote: never even heard of this place, I'm in canada, toronto
hmm, thought they would have started out in Toronto. Niagara Falls got one last year. Place is great. They have a banana flavour that is amazing, especially when mixed with Coke. Can't remember if the have Diet Coke or not but they had way more options than our local 7-11
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Diet Slushie-type drinks are surprisingly hard to find. Not sure why.

7-11 had some "lite" flavored Slurpees for a while. Maybe some sugar is needed to bind the ice?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: 7-11 had some "lite" flavored Slurpees for a while. Maybe some sugar is needed to bind the ice?
They still do have "lite" slurpees.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: They still do have "lite" slurpees.
I think it's YMMV - ours has none right now.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: I think it's YMMV - ours has none right now.
It may also be going in cycles.
There are only so many machines. When the demand shifts toward caffeine, the diet ones are the first to vanish, I've noticed, since they don't have any caffeine. (with the exception of the short lived diet coke slurpee)
Mountain dew is really pushing their 7 11 Kickstart slurpeees currently, and it's more than one flavour, which eats up the chances of finding any diet slurpees.
I agree, it seems to depend on location.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Diet Slushie-type drinks are surprisingly hard to find. Not sure why.

7-11 had some "lite" flavored Slurpees for a while. Maybe some sugar is needed to bind the ice?
which location? i actually like crush grape/orange better than coke

the way i believe it works is theres a "base" slushie part, and the "flavour" part

the base has sugars and stuff in it already, then you add the flavour which can have less sugar than other flavours

non the less i just was seeing if there was any, i drink one pretty often, couple times a week, wouldn't hurt to get a lower sugar version, although i just have a small so its fairly low calories, i just would get a large if i could get a diet

20% of the stuff gets stuck at the bottom anyways and just turns to ice
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote: which location? i actually like crush grape/orange better than coke

the way i believe it works is theres a "base" slushie part, and the "flavour" part

the base has sugars and stuff in it already, then you add the flavour which can have less sugar than other flavours

non the less i just was seeing if there was any, i drink one pretty often, couple times a week, wouldn't hurt to get a lower sugar version, although i just have a small so its fairly low calories, i just would get a large if i could get a diet

20% of the stuff gets stuck at the bottom anyways and just turns to ice
Bronte Village in Oakville location - I was there last week,

My favorite is Code Red Mountain Dew.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3427 posts
196 upvotes
Diet slurpee is hard to find because the sugar is used to prevent the water to turning into a large clump of ice.
Just like making a surface free ice cream, you need something like alcohol to prevent it from freezing into an ice block rather than ice cream consistancy.

Maybe diet slurpee is just not economical to sell.

I am looking for any diet slurpee as well and all I can find it the reduce sugar stuff.
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
Blunt wrote: Diet slurpee is hard to find because the sugar is used to prevent the water to turning into a large clump of ice.
Just like making a surface free ice cream, you need something like alcohol to prevent it from freezing into an ice block rather than ice cream consistancy.

Maybe diet slurpee is just not economical to sell.

I am looking for any diet slurpee as well and all I can find it the reduce sugar stuff.
you sure its the sugar? that's the first I've heard of sugar changing a freezing point of water but i could be wrong

i think if worst comes to worst ill just drink the normal ones, occasionally i'll just freeze diet pop until it turns to slush, you have to time it right but i accidentally made coke zero slushies before just leaving the can in the freezer too long

if there was a diet slushie machine, i'd even buy my own, hell i could drink unlimited amounts with 0 calories! my brain might hate me for the freeze though
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
No problem finding the diet cream soda crush. 7 11 @ College subway station has them.
I was amazed to learn that they also sell a regular non diet slurpee that has 10% real juice, but currently only available in the Sour apple flavour.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)