• Apr 20th, 2012 7:57 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 30, 2005
952 posts
15 upvotes

Difference between Danier Factory outlets and regular mall stores

Looking to get a decent black leather jacket. I know Danier won't be the best, quality-wise, but that is all I'm willing to pay right now.

What is the difference between the outlets and regular mall stores in terms of merchandise and pricing?

Is the merchandise at the outlet from the regular mall stores (i.e. not specially made for the outlets, unlike banana republic or gap outlets)?
Are the outlet prices that much less expensive?

At the regular stores, they carry a limited amount of sale/clearance merchandise due to floor space, but if you find something on their website they can order it in for you -- so I'm wondering if the factory outlets are really that much cheaper given that you can special order from regular mall stores.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1609 posts
348 upvotes
Vancouver
Most all outlet stores sell you their lower line which is made specifically for outlet stores. Order it from the mall.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
182 upvotes
Burnaby
Danier's outlet stores are quite a bit larger than the standard mall stores. From what I've seen, they generally carry most (but not all) of the stock found at the mall stores, plus leftover stock from past seasons at clearance prices.

I don't know where you got the idea Danier stuff is of lesser quality, because everything I've bought there has certainly equalled or exceeded the quality and durability of any leather goods I've purchased elsewhere. In fact, their cowhide jackets and coats are unparalleled for the price. I've had a 3/4 length cowhide fall/winter coat now for probably 6 or 7 years and it still looks amazing. I've had countless comments from people who assumed its cost was in 4 figures. I really have never regretted buying from Danier.

(And no, I don't work for them!)
"I count as braver he who conquers his desires than he who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over the self." - Aristotle
May 11, 2010
289 posts
61 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pricing wise they are about the same. You"ll only get further discount on a yellow tag clearance item when u purchase 2 or more in the outlet.
I perfer to shop in the outlet tbh, cuz theres way more selection. While it is true that u can order any jacket in for free, i really like to go throught them in the store.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2005
952 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks for the replies.

maybe I'll make it to an outlet soon
[OP]
Dec 30, 2005
952 posts
15 upvotes
sandy_beach wrote: Most all outlet stores sell you their lower line which is made specifically for outlet stores. Order it from the mall.

Replies from other posters seem to indicate that Danier has outlet stores that carry the same merchandise as in malls PLUS items from previous seasons that didn't sell at the mall stores