• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2020 4:21 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
902 posts
861 upvotes
London

Difference between hisense TVs?

I'm not the best with understanding TV differences, but can someone tell me if there's any difference between these two?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hisense-h7 ... 0198971931

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-43-in.-4k ... 75035.html

They seem pretty similar to me but as I said I'm not the best with this stuff lol. Thanks in advance!! (watch the cheaper one sell out for me asking this LOL)
7 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2788 posts
1252 upvotes
Mississauga
For this screen size and price point I'll probably just get the cheaper TV and save the $70. The R6 series (on Costco) are supposed to be an upgrade over the H7* series (on Walmart) but the spec is not fantastic to begin.

Costco TV is 2019, Walmart TV is 2018
Costco has HDR10 while Walmart TV is just HDR Compatible.
Costco has built-in Roku player OS. Walmart TD has Hisense smart TV OS with Amazon Alexa support.

For picture static contrast ratio, both the R series and H7* for 2019 are identical but I can find any info on the 2018 H7*.
For audio processing, both the R series and H7* for 2019 are identical, support just DTS Studio Sound. Again I cant find any info he 2019 H7*.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21731 posts
24853 upvotes
Toronto
"Costco has built-in Roku player OS. Walmart TD has Hisense smart TV OS with Amazon Alexa support."

One nice thing about Roku is that they handle software updates on TVs regardless of who makes them. You're likely to get support for longer with Roku based TVs versus other 'smart' OSes
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
902 posts
861 upvotes
London
bubuski wrote: For this screen size and price point I'll probably just get the cheaper TV and save the $70. The R6 series (on Costco) are supposed to be an upgrade over the H7* series (on Walmart) but the spec is not fantastic to begin.

Costco TV is 2019, Walmart TV is 2018
Costco has HDR10 while Walmart TV is just HDR Compatible.
Costco has built-in Roku player OS. Walmart TD has Hisense smart TV OS with Amazon Alexa support.

For picture static contrast ratio, both the R series and H7* for 2019 are identical but I can find any info on the 2018 H7*.
For audio processing, both the R series and H7* for 2019 are identical, support just DTS Studio Sound. Again I cant find any info he 2019 H7*.
Thank you! I was actually looking at the $250 1080p one at costco originally, but the listing disappeared. I figured I'd look into the comparison because i doubt the 4k really matters much on a 43" (it's just going to be a bedroom TV for some netflix and switch games), but I didn't even think about what the Hisense OS was on the Walmart one. I am familiar with the Roku OS but am uncertain on a non-branded one for the reasons mentioned by another commenter.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28243 posts
8695 upvotes
badOne wrote: rtings.com
Rtings has very few Hisense reviews, and they will never review a Canada-only model as it's their policy they only review US market models. Not saying either of these is Canada-only but Hisense is rather well-known for releasing models here that aren't in the US.

Anyway post#3 has good rundown.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
902 posts
861 upvotes
London
shaw8758 wrote: Walmart TV has gone OOS it seems.
welp... figured that was gonna happen. I was gonna wait as i ordered a non-smart tv from staples but want to see if its worth keeping, so should have expected it. Guess i'll keep looking