Entertainment

Digital code copies from UHD/BR on XBOX one ?

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 6:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2225 posts
632 upvotes
Maple

Digital code copies from UHD/BR on XBOX one ?

I'm totally new to this and I'm debating buying codes from people rather than new discs.

- is the code only good for 1080p?
- does it support Dolby atmos?
- is it only one time redeem on one device ?
- can it be redeemed on xbox one ?

Thanks in advance !

Any tips or warnings are appreciated.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17082 posts
3329 upvotes
Toronto
Codes are tied to a single streaming service: iTunes, UltraViolet, Flixster, or Sonypictures. HBO codes can sometimes be redeemed in iTunes and UltraViolet.

UltraViolet is shutting down on July 31/19.

Depending on code and service, the movie will play back in 4k, 1080, or 480. A code from a 4k Sony or Disney movie will only playback in 1080 regardless of the device or streaming service that is used to play the movie.

The movie will play back on any device that supports the require playback app.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9000 posts
3302 upvotes
Apple iTunes versions are preferable because you get a free upgrade to the 4K version of the digital streaming version of the movie if it is available.
However, you would need an Apple 4K TV to stream the 4K version of the movie and an internet connection for all digital versions of the movies.

The 4K UHD blu-ray physical discs are almost always better than the 4K Digital streaming code that comes with the disc in these bundles.
corcoran_chris wrote: I'm totally new to this and I'm debating buying codes from people rather than new discs.

- is the code only good for 1080p?
- does it support Dolby atmos?
- is it only one time redeem on one device ?
- can it be redeemed on xbox one ?

Thanks in advance !

Any tips or warnings are appreciated.