[DigitalCodes4Sale] $2 USD and under 4k HDR movies for iTunes

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2020 11:07 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16768 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: You CAN watch all of your Google Play movies in the Youtube app. I'm assuming that works on IOS as well
Yes, but no 4k on tvOS for YouTube (yet) and no GP code will get you a 4k version like iTunes.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14165 posts
4627 upvotes
London
audit13 wrote: Yes, but no 4k on tvOS for YouTube (yet) and no GP code will get you a 4k version like iTunes.
Some Google codes will get you 4k. They are supposed to upgrade movies to 4k for free. But it doesn't happen for all/most of them. I've had like 15 movies get free 4k upgrades on GP
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16768 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: Some Google codes will get you 4k. They are supposed to upgrade movies to 4k for free. But it doesn't happen for all/most of them. I've had like 15 movies get free 4k upgrades on GP
I've had some upgrade too but it's more consistent with iTunes.

I've given up on Google Canada codes since movies no longer port to MA where I like to view my library.

The only code I have ever redeemed into Google that gave me 4k right away was Gretel & Hansel.
Last edited by audit13 on Aug 21st, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1600 posts
569 upvotes
st901202 wrote: How did they get the codes originally? I do not want to lose my account.
I could hazard a few guesses... you know how when a movie is first released on DVD or BluRay, they like to make it a combo pack that includes the digital copy? I bet thousands of those movies get left unsold and eventually returned to some warehouse, probably then sold in bulk to some mass discount reseller like these guys.

Edit: This seems like the most likely scenario, especially given the hints from the terms and conditions. One DVD+Digital Copy typically includes codes for Google, iTunes AND Vudu, let's say, so these guys can buy one DVD at bulk pricing and then sell 3 codes off it.

More nefarious, less legal: I bet thousands of people buy these discs and then never redeem the code inside. Maybe these guys have stumbled onto a master list of codes, or some kind of code generator. So they generate and sell you a code, in hopes that it doesn't conflict with one that belongs to someone who bought and redeemed a copy.
Last edited by GreyingJay on Aug 24th, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14165 posts
4627 upvotes
London
GreyingJay wrote: I could hazard a few guesses... you know how when a movie is first released on DVD or BluRay, they like to make it a combo pack that includes the digital copy? I bet thousands of those movies get left unsold and eventually returned to some warehouse, probably then sold in bulk to some mass discount reseller like these guys.

More nefarious, less legal, and possibly more likely: related to the above - I bet thousands of people buy these movies and then never redeem the code. Maybe these guys have stumbled onto a master list of codes, or some kind of code generator. So they generate and sell you a code, in hopes that it doesn't conflict with one that belongs to someone who bought and redeemed a copy.
I like to think they are from video rental stores that
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3880 posts
3630 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
GreyingJay wrote: I could hazard a few guesses... you know how when a movie is first released on DVD or BluRay, they like to make it a combo pack that includes the digital copy? I bet thousands of those movies get left unsold and eventually returned to some warehouse, probably then sold in bulk to some mass discount reseller like these guys.

More nefarious, less legal, and possibly more likely: related to the above - I bet thousands of people buy these movies and then never redeem the code. Maybe these guys have stumbled onto a master list of codes, or some kind of code generator. So they generate and sell you a code, in hopes that it doesn't conflict with one that belongs to someone who bought and redeemed a copy.
The T+Cs make me think there's a few ways they get them. Some are probably more legal than others.

The "If you redeem it in a different place than what you paid for" one is interesting to me because I know from my own personal experience actually buying movies that some of these companies just use the code that's printed on the insert for redemption in iTunes/Google Play. So for example say your code is "A1B2C3D4E5" or something. That'll be printed on the insert and the insert will tell you to go to a specific website, and when you enter the code and pick iTunes it'll open iTunes and you can actually see that the code you're redeeming in iTunes ("A1B2C3D4E5") is identical to the code you originally entered. Other companies actually generate a secondary code.

So their T+Cs suggest they do get codes like this, and there's a third entity involved that must be giving them the codes and can figure out where and when they've been redeemed, and charging them if they're redeemed in the "wrong" place?

It all just sounds rather sketchy.
fudge_u wrote: Avoid the seller... he's a dick. Had to go through Paypal to get a refund for something he sold me. There are tons of people on FB that complain about him too.
What was the issue?
Apr 19, 2020
112 posts
88 upvotes
They used to port over then it stopped sucks good thing I mostly buy us movies there codes seem to work better for 4k
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2189 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Google's movies work from you tube on apple tv or used moviesanywhere :))
That's US only though (Movies Anywhere); they were supposed to launch in Canada a while back, but they probably said not worth the hassle cause our market is so puny.
Apr 19, 2020
112 posts
88 upvotes
Oh I use it works in Canada when I used iTunes and Google they almost all Ported in
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16768 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Oh I use it works in Canada when I used iTunes and Google they almost all Ported in
Many movies on Google Canada no longer port to MA. Even movies that used to port (Wonder Woman, Harry Potter) no longer port.
Apr 19, 2020
112 posts
88 upvotes
Oh that sucks I haven't redeemed any Google ones last few months but I did Harry Potter this year it worked
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2109 posts
1406 upvotes
Calgary
I have bought Google codes from a similar site in the past (Flixonthego). On that site, when you pay, the seller sends you an image of the actual digital slip so I don’t think the codes, at least in that case, are acquired from a “code generator”.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1014 posts
836 upvotes
Also guys, anyone with Google Play can convert it to US which is much better. U get MA and they also have shows that are not available in Canada like Thundaar the Barbarian