Expired Hot Deals

[DigitalCodes4Sale] $2 USD and under 4k HDR movies for iTunes

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2020 11:07 pm
Dec 27, 2007
20672 posts
11934 upvotes
Kitchener
audit13 wrote: Create a USA iTunes account, create a Movies Anywhere (MA) account, and link your Google and USA iTunes account to MA. This way, MA-eligible movies port from USA iTunes to MA to Google and vice versa.
But for the sake of keeping the existing library accessible to MA (and consequently Google), isn't it easier to just switch the region of the Canadian iTunes account to the US?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16595 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote: But for the sake of keeping the existing library accessible to MA (and consequently Google), isn't it easier to just switch the region of the Canadian iTunes account to the US?
You can switch regions as much as you want but you can't switch if you have a credit balance in iTunes. Also, any subscriptions that are attached to your iTunes account will be terminated when changing from Canada to USA. Changing regions will also cause some movies to disappear from your library until you change it back to Canada.

Only movies that have the same Apple ID in the Canada and USA store will port to MA.

Movies that port from Google to iTunes will disappear when you change iTunes back to Canada but will re-appear when changed back to USA.

I maintain a USA and Canada iTunes account to take advantage of sales in either store.

If you connect a retailer to your MA account that has never been connected before, you get a free movie: Crazy Rich Asians 4k, Matrix 4k, Angry Birds 2 4k, Small Foot, and The Meg 4k.
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 4.00.20 PM.png
  • Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 4.02.29 PM.png
Dec 27, 2007
20672 posts
11934 upvotes
Kitchener
audit13 wrote: I maintain a USA and Canada iTunes account to take advantage of sales in either store.
But how does that work with MA? Since you can only link one account of each service to your MA account (and the same account can't be linked to multiple MA accounts) I guess you need to do either or on iTunes as you link the other services?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16595 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote: But how does that work with MA? Since you can only link one account of each service to your MA account (and the same account can't be linked to multiple MA accounts) I guess you need to do either or on iTunes as you link the other services?
Correct, you can only link 1 account per retailer every 180 days.

I share my Google library with family members and try to get everything into Google for them. It's a bit complicated but here's how I did it:

MA1 linked to USA iTunes and Google1 so movies port from USA iTunes to Google1.

MA2 linked to Canada iTunes and Google2 so movies port from Canada iTunes to Google2.

Google1 and Google2 share each other's library which means Google1's library includes Google2 and vice versa.

Google movie codes redeemed to Google1 automatically appear in Google2. If the movie can port, it goes to MA1 and USA iTunes.

I also have Fandango and Vudu accounts linked too.
Jul 2, 2018
30 posts
63 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Correct, you can only link 1 account per retailer every 180 days.

I share my Google library with family members and try to get everything into Google for them. It's a bit complicated but here's how I did it:

MA1 linked to USA iTunes and Google1 so movies port from USA iTunes to Google1.

MA2 linked to Canada iTunes and Google2 so movies port from Canada iTunes to Google2.

Google1 and Google2 share each other's library which means Google1's library includes Google2 and vice versa.

Google movie codes redeemed to Google1 automatically appear in Google2. If the movie can port, it goes to MA1 and USA iTunes.

I also have Fandango and Vudu accounts linked too.
So hang on, Canadian iTunes can be linked with MA?
I have an MA account that I created and currently linked it with my Google Library (no movies here though). I was not aware that Canadian iTunes can be linked with MA.

I am waiting for a "link" promotion. Missed out on the 5 movies free previously. I created one yesterday to atleast get the 1 movie on us offer.
Dec 27, 2007
20672 posts
11934 upvotes
Kitchener
audit13 wrote: It's a bit complicated but here's how I did it:
Ah, everything coming together with a Google shared family library, smart :)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16595 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
xneoenx wrote: So hang on, Canadian iTunes can be linked with MA?
I have an MA account that I created and currently linked it with my Google Library (no movies here though). I was not aware that Canadian iTunes can be linked with MA.

I am waiting for a "link" promotion. Missed out on the 5 movies free previously. I created one yesterday to atleast get the 1 movie on us offer.
Change your iTunes region to USA, link to ma, let movies port to MA, change back to Canada. Ported movies will remain in ma and Google after changing iTunes back to Canada.
Jul 2, 2018
30 posts
63 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Change your iTunes region to USA, link to ma, let movies port to MA, change back to Canada. Ported movies will remain in ma and Google after changing iTunes back to Canada.
Ahhh I see what you mean. Got it. Thank you again.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14084 posts
4490 upvotes
London
aasoror wrote: Nope he says "actual store" like just stating the fact that he bought a physical copy from an "actual store" ;)

The guy was doing a selfless random act of kindness sharing "his" codes here and got needlessly accused of being a scammer!!

In all fairness to the guy, if you are given something in error it is generally best to inform the person.

He can't be that bad of a guy, I jokingly said he should give me some free movies for this thread and he went and refunded my Hidden Figures purchase lol.
Apr 23, 2011
852 posts
207 upvotes
Newcastle
Bought Furious 8, issue with redemption saying code is invalid. Emailed them, hoping I hear back. Only a few dollars but still annoying when it doesn't work.

Edit: they emailed me a new code that worked no problem, came up as the right title before even clicking redeem. Not immediate experience but overall was good
Dec 27, 2007
20672 posts
11934 upvotes
Kitchener
Viper98 wrote: In all fairness to the guy, if you are given something in error it is generally best to inform the person.
Come on, jumping the gun on the guy was just uncalled for. I am not sure how did you deduce he was buying from a "person", I just went back and reread the post, but unless people are now reweighting the potato chips bags they buy from Walmart to return the difference back it is generally acceptable when there is a packaging discrepancy like this to simply put the extra in good use as there is no "practical" way to rectify the error (and I commend the guy who decided to share them here).

If it's fairness we are talking about then it's only fair that when someones mess up (s)he owns up to it ;)
Dec 13, 2009
619 posts
223 upvotes
North Bay
aasoror wrote: Come on, jumping the gun on the guy was just uncalled for. I am not sure how did you deduce he was buying from a "person", I just went back and reread the post, but unless people are now reweighting the potato chips bags they buy from Walmart to return the difference back it is generally acceptable when there is a packaging discrepancy like this to simply put the extra in good use as there is no "practical" way to rectify the error (and I commend the guy who decided to share them here).

If it's fairness we are talking about then it's only fair that when someones mess up (s)he owns up to it ;)
Nah, if you receive something you didn't pay for from someone that you know that person is intending to
sell you should definitely return it too them. IMO it's analogous to stealing not to do so, regardless if the fault
was theirs or not. If you buy a couple items from a store and realized one of them wasn't scanned just as you're
leaving wouldn't you return it, especially if it was from a mom & pop shop? Maybe you wouldn't I don't know, but
I know I personally would because I'd feel like a thief if I didn't and in this situation I feel like sending a email
notifying the seller of the mistake would be just as easy, and just a right.

Additionally, I know what that member did was well intentioned, so I kind of get why you're defending him but it
doesn't change the fact that it was pretty scummy. I mean the seller could've absolutely handled things better, sure,
but lets not parse all the blame onto him here especially considering he's the one who got burned in this situation.
Dec 27, 2007
20672 posts
11934 upvotes
Kitchener
BadDealAssassin wrote: Nah, if you receive something you didn't pay for from someone that you know that person is intending to
sell you should definitely return it too them.
A retailer isn't a person, and wouldn't accept anything from you that isn't a part of their inventory, in that poster's case there is nothing to be done as whatever retailer he got the physical disc from has no inventory for the digital claim code vouchers (same for weight discrepancies and any other "packaging" errors), you bought whatever inside the package, and the retailer sold whatever the manufacturer gave him to sell, so no one but the manufacturer (not a retailer) can take individual items from inside that package back (similarly, or send individual items out, that's why you contact the manufacturer directly for missing package contents and not the retailer), thus the "practicality" phrase (it will cost "eOne" more to retrieve the voucher and rectify "their own" packaging mistake than just to let the guy keep it). That doesn't even change if you are buying from a person (new or second hand) unless that person was the one doing the packaging and "accidentally" slipped extra vouchers in disc box (possible though improbable) else he would just be passing you whatever "packaging mistake" he got when he originally purchased and you don't owe him a thing (as it's a manufacturer mixup, not a reseller one).
If you buy a couple items from a store and realized one of them wasn't scanned just as you're leaving wouldn't you return it
I am sorry but that's apples to oranges right there, the extra vouchers were "inside" the package he got, it's not "another Lay's bag" that slipped the cashier by mistake (in which cases you are ethically expected to go back and rectify the issue) but rather a case of more chips inside the Lay's bag than labeled (unless you are suggesting people should return the extra chips from inside the Lay's bag to WM too).
lets not parse all the blame onto him here especially considering he's the one who got burned in this situation.
I am not sure what you are talking about, there is no situation that involves the seller, the seller took a totally unrelated post (which was even acknowledged as such by the poster himself) and jumped gun on the poster for no good reason (apparently just like what you are doing right now ;), not to be dismissive of your opinion or anything, but if you are going to call someone's giving away something "scummy" it is only fair that you at least get your facts right first!)

Also if legality/ethics is ever a concern let us just remember that most enclosed digital copy vouchers have a fineprint to prohibit "resale" ;) While it is "at best" a grey area, yet if I have a finger to point I wouldn't really point it to the guy giving codes for free!
Jan 20, 2016
9 posts
13 upvotes
Boisbriand, QC
I have purchased some movies.
How soon will they send me the code?
I have received the order confirmation and are still waiting for the separate email re the code. It's been half an hour now. According to the post above; they receive the code almost instantaneous?
Jun 15, 2020
36 posts
177 upvotes
Was passing by my local pharmacy the other day and picked up the fast & furious bundle all 7 for 20$, couldn't pass up on that deal.
Don't have any use for these codes as I already have them in my itunes library I belive they are the HD copies that get upgraded to 4K.

So thought I'd share it here even with all the drama that has happened.

Just comment whenever you redeem a film, don't want any other accusations being thrown my way
Images
  • ff1-7.jpg