Expired Hot Deals

Dine Out Vancouver - Multiple 3 course meals at different restaurants

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 3:59 am
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jun 28, 2019
436 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver

Dine Out Vancouver - Multiple 3 course meals at different restaurants

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 1, 2022
It’s that time of year for Dine Out Vancouver. Some great choices on the list just like past years. The 3 course meals are discounted, there’s some good value to be had. I’ll probably do the Joe Fortes meal and Hawksworth. Decent list, make reservations ahead of time especially if you plan on going over the weekend
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 9th, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed typo in title
34 replies
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2019
167 posts
158 upvotes
stally wrote: Sounds rough.
Some of the prices are a tad hard to swallow
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
5008 posts
4223 upvotes
Vancouver
Given the circumstances, it should be “Take Out Vancouver” this year.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3645 posts
3246 upvotes
Not sure where the value is at..

Checked a few 'fine dining' restaurants.

The prices are practically the same as if you ordered from the regular menu.

I remembered back in the day when DOV first debuted. There was alot of value to be had.. In the past 10 years or so, not so much...
Member
Sep 3, 2010
213 posts
232 upvotes
I actually think with the increased food cost these days, the dine out menu seems very reasonable LOL. Unless you go with chain-store menu with coupon, a typical meal sits you at around $12-$16 and that’s food court price with no tip. Go to any non-fine dining restaurant to sit in, you looking at about $20 for a 1 person meal. I mean, are these 3 course meal at $39-$59 really that bad ?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3482 posts
8492 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Man, prices just keep going up and up...I remember the good ol days when it was like $15, $25, and $35.

And yes, I get that there's inflation.

3 "coarse" meals...jeez...I'd rather get 3 fine meals instead. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Member
User avatar
Feb 13, 2021
274 posts
275 upvotes
Three coarse meals was what Sheriff Joe Arpaio served his guests every day.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
9771 posts
2824 upvotes
Vancouver
Spinner wrote: Given the circumstances, it should be “Take Out Vancouver” this year.
Move to Ontario or Quebec bud. Heard the basements there are even darker

I have not done dine out Vancouver but have done many in toronto equivalent. Always felt mediocre value except for some lunches at nice restaurants like canoe. They should offer double apps instead of forcing dessert on you.

I’d rather spend $60 on what i want at joe fortes
Last edited by GangStarr on Jan 9th, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autocorrect sucks
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 12, 2006
884 posts
1199 upvotes
I remember Dine-out in my post highschool days many moons ago. Was supposed to be a less expensive way to introduce people's mouths to more uspscale/new places to eat.

Agreed with some, it's a little pricey (restaurants in general) these days, and if so, I'd like to pick what I want to eat. It's almost do I want to eat with the other half at a decent place? or buy a new console game? Face With Tears Of Joy
Member
Jul 27, 2017
383 posts
511 upvotes
Multiple 3 coarse meals.

Subtle dig at the "fine dining" nature of Dine Out?

Edit: man don't fix it! It was great.
Member
Jul 27, 2017
383 posts
511 upvotes
BenKlaar wrote: Three coarse meals was what Sheriff Joe Arpaio served his guests every day.
I met Joe Arpaio at an extremely non-diverse saloon / BBQ venue once. Think outdoor BBQ with giant smokers and bullriding. He was running some kind of campaign back then and got a booth and everything. I am a visible minority and asked for a picture with him. He was visible uncomfortable, slightly agitated, didn't refuse but also didn't say a word to me. Super awkward.

It was great.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
9771 posts
2824 upvotes
Vancouver
Kazushi wrote: I remember Dine-out in my post highschool days many moons ago. Was supposed to be a less expensive way to introduce people's mouths to more uspscale/new places to eat.

Agreed with some, it's a little pricey (restaurants in general) these days, and if so, I'd like to pick what I want to eat. It's almost do I want to eat with the other half at a decent place? or buy a new console game? Face With Tears Of Joy
I suppose at least there is a fixed price so those who may be gun shy about looking cheap at. A place like joe fortes they have.a price in mind before I talk them into splitting a multi tier seafood tower :)

Yes I recall the same about toronto. The lunches in particular were lower cost. However many restaurants that were the lowest price brought in “special menus” I’d always reference their regular menu with the dine out.

Many places bring in cheaper desert to pad in margins. At least in toronto.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
5008 posts
4223 upvotes
Vancouver
Desserts are one of the highest margin items on the menu.

So no, of course they won't let you sub a dessert for an appetizer.
Jr. Member
May 4, 2020
142 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver
cerealkiller wrote: I actually think with the increased food cost these days, the dine out menu seems very reasonable LOL. Unless you go with chain-store menu with coupon, a typical meal sits you at around $12-$16 and that’s food court price with no tip. Go to any non-fine dining restaurant to sit in, you looking at about $20 for a 1 person meal. I mean, are these 3 course meal at $39-$59 really that bad ?
This is redflag deals. What do u expect.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jun 28, 2019
436 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
nochill wrote: Multiple 3 coarse meals.

Subtle dig at the "fine dining" nature of Dine Out?

Edit: man don't fix it! It was great.
Auto correct got me haha but there are a few coarse meals at those prices

Another restaurant I would Highly recommend to everyone is Smoke and Bones
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
9771 posts
2824 upvotes
Vancouver
Spinner wrote: Desserts are one of the highest margin items on the menu.

So no, of course they won't let you sub a dessert for an appetizer.
Hence why I say it’s a rip off. Order your own food a la carte
nochill wrote: I met Joe Arpaio at an extremely non-diverse saloon / BBQ venue once. Think outdoor BBQ with giant smokers and bullriding. He was running some kind of campaign back then and got a booth and everything. I am a visible minority and asked for a picture with him. He was visible uncomfortable, slightly agitated, didn't refuse but also didn't say a word to me. Super awkward.

It was great.
Check out “who is America” Sasha baron cohen disguised as a Finnish man child blogger / unboxed trolls him pretty good.

Autocorrect sucks
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2006
943 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver
$15, $25, $35 not even 10 years ago. Now it's almost double. That's much faster than inflation rate.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)