Food & Drink

Dining out for Christmas dinner this yr with family??...if so, where???

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2008 11:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9726 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto

Dining out for Christmas dinner this yr with family??...if so, where???

Title says it all... don't know where to go this year so just wanted to hear some restaurants that you and your family might decide to go so I can leach off some rfd ideas. =)
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6389 posts
226 upvotes
Etobicoke
Due to poor economy, we will be dining out but not at a restaurant. Instead, it's a pot luck at another family member's home.

It's far cheaper to eat when you don't go to restaurants. No poor service to fuss over, no tips to pay, and you can ask the chef for the recipe.
Apr 23, 2008
176 posts
moxies is good place to eat, nice environment and their food isnt that expensive same price as jack astors ($15-$20) per person? portions are big too~
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2797 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I usually go out for sushi christmas eve
C
spend money to save money - the theory is brilliant
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1362 posts
6 upvotes
toronto
is manchu wok open on xmas eve?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9726 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
joeym wrote: is manchu wok open on xmas eve?
never heard of such place :o
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2008
1245 posts
41 upvotes
Markham
Never went out for x-mas dinner before but I have for Chinese new years which is horrible...service was horrible,food was terribly over priced in other words don't go to Chinese restaurants. This x-mas our family is making lamb chops at my house ^_^
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11679 posts
6597 upvotes
Markham
Try to specify a rough budget....location...cuisine?
Sep 6, 2008
115 posts
1 upvote
I have not been dining out for Christmas dinner before, I have a very big family, many uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, nieces and etc etc., we all get together for Christmas dinner every year, pot luck style! It's great!
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
93 upvotes
Hamilton
I would LOVE to go to a buffet this yr for x-mas dinner.....but hubby says its just not right.... :evil:

Lets face it...women spend 90% of the day in the kitchen & im sick of it!~ :cry:

If he changes his mind we would go to Kings Buffet...they have turkey!~~~
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9726 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
sonic wrote: I would LOVE to go to a buffet this yr for x-mas dinner.....but hubby says its just not right.... :evil:

Lets face it...women spend 90% of the day in the kitchen & im sick of it!~ :cry:

If he changes his mind we would go to Kings Buffet...they have turkey!~~~
well.. you should tell him that it ain't right that you're always cooking so unless if he's preparing the x-mas dinner then buffet it is! ;)

btw, Thinking buffet too.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6190 posts
596 upvotes
BC
We always go to my parents, my mom cooks the turkey and we all bring the sides... makes it a lot easier on everyone. When the turkey comes out of the oven we just heat all the rest of the food up, its the practical way to go.

I think it would be weird going out for dinner on christmas. And living in a smaller city, there probably arent many places you could go out to eat.
That's my 2cents worth
Banned
Oct 22, 2008
117 posts
Mandarin is the way to go even though its not really for the holidays,
at least you get unlimited food and deserts and for a cheap price.
Also they have pretty good beverages.