Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Coach

DirectAir Family Ties Sale: $169 all in roundtrip in Cont. US

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2011 10:45 am
Tags:
None
May 2, 2006
895 posts
291 upvotes

[Coach] DirectAir Family Ties Sale: $169 all in roundtrip in Cont. US

Link

Seems really good. Anyone else buy?

I just flew DA from Niagara to Myrtle Beach. Delay on the way back by an hour and a half. They were very nice though and the Niagara airport is SOOOOO easy to get through.

They don't fly all their routes year round so make sure your flight is available during the time you want it!

Fine Print:

1. Reservations using Family Ties 2011 vouchers may be made no earlier than Friday, August 1, 2011 by calling the Direct Air Reservations Department at 1.877.432-3473.

2. Family Ties vouchers are electronic. Upon finalizing a Family Ties purchase, customers will receive an emailed Receipt containing a confirmation number to be referred to when redeeming vouchers for travel by calling 1.877.432.3473.

3. Travel using Family Ties 2011 vouchers may begin August 1, 2011 and must be completed no later than April 30, 2012. Family Ties vouchers are valid for travel on any Direct Air route within the continental United States.

4. Family Ties purchases are nonrefundable, and no refunds or credits will be issued for unused vouchers. Extensions for travel past April 30, 2012 using Family Ties 2011 vouchers will not be granted.

5. Blackout dates do not apply to use of Family Ties 2011 vouchers. The number of seats in the Family Ties class-of-service is limited on each flight. In the event the Family Ties fare class is unavailable, an optional upgrade for the next available fare class may be purchased at the time of booking for the fare difference.

6. Travel using Family Ties 2011 vouchers is valid between any Direct Air city pair within the continental United States in effect at the time of travel. Although Family Ties vouchers may be used for any round-trip on any domestic route in the Direct Air system, they are not route-specific. Additionally, schedules for certain routes may be seasonal, and routes and schedules are subject to change. As such, Direct Air makes no guarantees of schedules or destinations until the time of booking. Please click here to view our flight schedule.

7. Total cost per Family Ties 2011 voucher is $169.00, which includes a $60 Family Ties Passport membership, and a $109 round-trip airfare including all taxes. Passport Membership benefits include complimentary coach seat selection, 50% off First-Class upgrades within 48 hours of departure (when available), pre-boarding and reduced change/cancellation fee of $50 per person. Family Ties 2011 vouchers and memberships do not include Standard Baggage Service Fees of $25 for the first checked bag, and $30 for the second checked bag per passenger per direction if paid at least one day in advance of departure, or $30 for the first checked bag and $35 for the second checked bag per passenger if paid at the airport on departure.

8. The number of electronic vouchers offered during the 2011 Family Ties sale is limited. Direct Air reserves the right to end the Family ties sale at any time.

9. Flights are Public Charters operated by Xtra Airways, Vision Airlines, Inc., Aviation Advantage/Sky King, amd Dynamic Airways. All purchasers and passengers are required to read/sign/acknowledge Direct Air's terms and conditions of carriage as stated in the Operator-Participant Agreement. All payments for Family ties vouchers are protected under the financial security arrangements, including bank escrow account, described in the Operator-Participant Agreement.
22 replies
Dec 1, 2003
181 posts
57 upvotes
Waterloo Region
We bought ours last year for $149.00 and flew from NF to West Palm Beach FL in february....all canadians at the airport except for a few...we chatted to a few and they were from Toronto,Newmarket,Waterloo...etc..so us canadians do not mind the drive for a bargain...the airport parking isn't free anymore but at $25 a week its not a bad deal....
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2823 posts
459 upvotes
This can hardly be considered continental US when the airline does not fly west of MI/OH!
Jul 28, 2005
256 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
so how do these work?
Are they basically prepaid tickets, then you pick where you want to go between that time frame?

I'm planning on going to orlando in august, is it a good idea to get these?

thanks for all your inputs
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
2619 posts
49 upvotes
i bought for the last sale... the issue though (for me) is that when you request the date you want, you also have to give an alternate date (which is what i ended up getting). I need one more ticket to match the date to the ones i purchased previously and im hesitant to buy if i can't get the exact dates i need.
May 14, 2007
205 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
How is the total experience with this airline?
We are planning a trip in Feb 2012 and this looks like the best deal so far, but not sure how reliable the whole trip is going to be.
We are in Toronto, and are prepared to drive the extra 1- 1.5 hour drive to Niagara airport.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3091 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
tampelley wrote: We bought ours last year for $149.00 and flew from NF to West Palm Beach FL in february....all canadians at the airport except for a few...we chatted to a few and they were from Toronto,Newmarket,Waterloo...etc..so us canadians do not mind the drive for a bargain...the airport parking isn't free anymore but at $25 a week its not a bad deal....

Ah, parking isn't free anymore? Boo! Still a great airport to travel through.
May 14, 2007
205 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
I read the fine prints and it mentions a bunch of fees associated. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like I could end up paying close to $300.00 per person.
May 2, 2006
895 posts
291 upvotes
ronnroz wrote: I read the fine prints and it mentions a bunch of fees associated. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like I could end up paying close to $300.00 per person.

I read the fine print and didn't see anything to do with fees UNLESS you plan to check bags. But remember, this is a no frills airline. 1 carry-on and 1 personal item is included for free. $25 for 1st checked, $30 for second.

Parking at IAG is $5/day.

All this is from recent experience on this airline.

The thing anyone should be concerned about is 'limited seats on each flight will be eligible via Family Ties voucher' so be ready to be flexible but I think just be reasonable in your planning. Should you get stuck on dates, you're always eligible to pay the fare difference for that specific flight.
Jan 21, 2007
296 posts
10 upvotes
How long has this company been around?Can I be confident to buy 7 of these things?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1468 posts
266 upvotes
Does anybody know of any hotels nearby the Niagara Falls, NY airport that includes long term parking?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1652 posts
262 upvotes
stock_junkie wrote: Does anybody know of any hotels nearby the Niagara Falls, NY airport that includes long term parking?

Sorry to bring this back up but, are there any niagara falls, ny hotels that include long term parking?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
olp79 wrote: Sorry to bring this back up but, are there any niagara falls, ny hotels that include long term parking?
Thanks

You could just book a hotel through Priceline and park at the airport since it is only $25 for a week of parking. It would be cheaper than any park and fly rate you would find anyhow.
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad you have to buy the "membership" for every voucher and not just once. Also I would be pretty sketched out at giving a small comapny like direct air any money in advance as they could easily fold and keep your money.
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10397 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
newdeal wrote: Too bad you have to buy the "membership" for every voucher and not just once. Also I would be pretty sketched out at giving a small comapny like direct air any money in advance as they could easily fold and keep your money.

http://www.visitdirectair.com/familyties/november2011/

No need to buy any membership. It is included in the price.

Total cost per Family Ties 2011 voucher is $169.00, which includes a $60 Family Ties Passport membership, and a $109 round-trip airfare including all taxes. Passport Membership benefits include complimentary coach seat selection, 50% off First-Class upgrades within 24 - 48 hours of departure (when available), pre-boarding and reduced change/cancellation fee of $50 per person. Family Ties 2011 vouchers and memberships do not include Standard Baggage Service Fees of $25 for the first checked bag, and $30 for the second checked bag per passenger per direction if paid at least one day in advance of departure, or $30 for the first checked bag and $35 for the second checked bag per passenger if paid at the airport on departure.
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Jan 31, 2009
20 posts
Kawartha Lakes
I'm wondering if anyone knows if this sale is more than once a year? I missed it, and wondered if I should start looking again for it....Thanks!
May 2, 2006
895 posts
291 upvotes
odaisydukeo wrote: I'm wondering if anyone knows if this sale is more than once a year? I missed it, and wondered if I should start looking again for it....Thanks!
I bought two and since then, the sale has come up twice and some of their regular sales (Buy 1 Get 1) have been better prices than with the Family Ties. I suggest you buy your flight when they have a regular sale because with the voucher, you never know if your dates will be available. I lucked out and was able to redeem for Family Day long weekend. But for a while, it wasn't available.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
Now through December 16, special $49 fares on select flights in December and January. Hurry, seats are limited and based on avalability!

If you are looking to travel in January they have a few $49 and $69 flights into Lakeland from Niagara Falls. You might want to check Allegiant as well since they start flying into St.Pete's Clearwater on Dec 15th and Orlando/Sanford airport on Feb 15th.
http://www.visitdirectair.com/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)