None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3246 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga

DirectCanada short shipped me

I ordered three items from them a little while ago (a case, and two of the Intel mini itx board). Unfortunately, they short shipped me one of the motherboards (which I could tell before I opened the box, as it was not big enough to hold two motherboards). I have tried calling their toll free support number, but that goes straight into a voice mailbox, and I've tried using their online customer support "contact us" form. After three business days (and one weekend), I'm not impressed with the fact that nobody has bothered to try to contact me. I guess I have to wait three more weeks and then file with my credit card company.

It's not so much that they made a mistake. That happens all the time. It's how they are handling the situation (or lack thereof) that disturbs me. :( I had ordered a couple of hard drives from them a few months ago and had no issues whatsoever, which is why I didn't hesitate to order from them again. Anyone else have problems with them?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Try sending them another email except this time use your ISP email address (eg. xxx@shaw.ca, xxx@telus.net, etc) so their mail filter won't have any chance of filtering your email (no excuse of it being lost either). Then wait till Friday and if you still don't get a reply, repeat. If you don't get a reply sometime mid-next week, do a chargeback on your CC as you gave DC enough chances to contact you.

Nothing else you could do but that. Don't bother phoning, because like NCIX, they are impossible to phone. The number of complaints for NCIX/DC/NXSource/etc have been increasing lately... probably because they lack employees.

Personally, i always use DC as a PM source for NCIX and goto NCIX for instore pickup so i would never experience this problem but for those that do... its a pain trying to contact any NCIX related store via phone or email... if possible, try to find a trustable friend to goto the store and check for you. You could try to find someone willing to goto DC HQ to check for you... (address is in their website, its right across NCIX HQ).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3246 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
Update: I have been contacted by DirectCanada through RFD. Gotta give them some points back for that. I'll keep you posted, but the communication is there now, so I'm not as worried.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3246 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
Next update: I have a tracking number and my missing motherboard is on the way.

While it is a royal pain in the butt to get a hold of anyone there, and that is especially frustrating when you have a problem such as a short ship, I gotta say that they stepped up (so far), and are rectifying the problem. I'll post back here with the good news once my other board shows up. If it does (and I have no reason to believe it won't), then I won't hesitate to buy from them again. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong, though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3246 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
Final update. The missing motherboard showed up today, safe and sound. Anyone can make mistakes, but Brad at DirectCanada took ownership of it and followed up with me to make sure that it was taken care of. And it was. Fortunately, I wasn't in any hurry. Just goes to show, that they do care.

Thanks Brad.