Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DirectCanada

[WAP] Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR - DirectCanada - $110

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2017 4:04 pm
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3164 posts
3358 upvotes
57330 downvotes

[DirectCanada] [WAP] Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR - DirectCanada - $110

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
DirectCanada
More offers from DirectCanada
Wanted to upgrade my home wireless networking and noticed these were on sales at DIrect Canada.

These are the same as the regular AC version but with longer range.

The UniFi AC LR AP features the latest Wi-Fi 802.11ac technology in a refined industrial design and is ideal for long-range deployment of high-performance wireless networks.
Innovative Antenna Design
The innovative antenna design provides a long-range, symmetrical-link coverage area, and the antenna gain of the UniFi AC LR AP performs better than one-way, high transmit power does for connecting distant clients.

Designed for Optimal RF Performance

The newly redesigned UniFi Controller optimizes RF performance
Scalable Enterprise Wi-Fi Management
The UniFi Controller v4 software is a powerful, enterprise wireless software engine ideal for high-density client deployments requiring low latency and high uptime performance. With its software-based capabilities, the UniFi virtual control plane allows for unlimited scalability under one centralized controller. Remotely access the UniFi Controller to upgrade deployed UniFi APs while in the field.

Price went up but the LITE AC version is still available for $90: https://www.directcanada.com/products/? ... 20Networks
Last edited by KiraSensei on Sep 21st, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
96 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Damn, that's a pretty good deal.
I have the AC Lite -- works great.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Can I use one of these to setup two networks, 1 for my main use and 1 for insecure IoT? Preferably both would work on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I guess I would need to have an upstream router with VLAN support? Or is this device able to provide multiple DHCP servers?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Sep 17, 2008
829 posts
320 upvotes
BC
never mind, my bad. I thought it is lite version
Last edited by lyh_chnxm on Sep 21st, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3164 posts
3358 upvotes
57330 downvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Can I use one of these to setup two networks, 1 for my main use and 1 for insecure IoT? Preferably both would work on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I guess I would need to have an upstream router with VLAN support? Or is this device able to provide multiple DHCP servers?
This is just a WAP. It cannot broadcast for two networks.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3164 posts
3358 upvotes
57330 downvotes
lyh_chnxm wrote: http://converbit.ca/unifi-ac-lite/
buy one $99, buy two $97ea.
ships from Quebec and only 5% tax. Shipping is $14 extra to BC.

So buying one from converbit is (99+14)*1.05tax=$118.65
from DC is 110*1.12tax= $123.2

btw, converbit doesn't charge eco fee as well which saves another 20 cents?
Thats the Lite non AC. This is AC Long Range so you're not even comparing the same product... Its also $90 on DirectCanada for the LITE AC which is better: https://www.directcanada.com/products/? ... 20Networks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Do you guys run this in two seperate channels or as one? I have the lite version set up as one channel that does both 5 and 2.4. performance is solid. I can manage it from my phone
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
May 2, 2010
138 posts
33 upvotes
north vancouver
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Can I use one of these to setup two networks, 1 for my main use and 1 for insecure IoT? Preferably both would work on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I guess I would need to have an upstream router with VLAN support? Or is this device able to provide multiple DHCP servers?
yes, i have this AP and you can set multiple SSIDs under each frequency. I setup guests network on both bands and use VLAN to seperate guest network. Yes you need your upstream router & any switch in between to support VLAN. This doesn't provide DHCP server.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2056 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
I got the legacy UAP (US Version as this one) and it has only channels 1-11. Wifi analyser tools always tell me to use channels like 14 because they are not busy. However, I believe US versions are limited to Channels 1-11.
Dec 8, 2012
987 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary
don't use LR for residential: your phone "see" the AP from far away but it doesn't have transceiver powerful enough to "reply". As a result, your phone will show you wifi icon like 200ft away from your house but internet connection will not work.
Jul 20, 2006
112 posts
130 upvotes
How come the price becomes $145 when I add it to the cart?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2504 upvotes
BC
Yep, as rewrite said your thinking is correct, these APs support up to four SSIDs, each can be on a separate VLAN if you so wish.
Dennisrfd wrote: don't use LR for residential: your phone "see" the AP from far away but it doesn't have transceiver powerful enough to "reply". As a result, your phone will show you wifi icon like 200ft away from your house but internet connection will not work.
This is not correct, the difference between the AC-LR and AC-Lite is in the antenna design - the AC-LR has a more advanced antenna that is designed to improve receive so that clients with weaker antenna get a better signal back to the AP. The old UAP-LR (not AC) just had a stronger output though. so did have the problems you're describing.
Last edited by Kwirky on Sep 21st, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
Dennisrfd wrote: don't use LR for residential: your phone "see" the AP from far away but it doesn't have transceiver powerful enough to "reply". As a result, your phone will show you wifi icon like 200ft away from your house but internet connection will not work.
Yea if you are an amateur don't use any Ubiquiti gear, but if you know what you are doing you can reduce the gain and program it in there to level load connections or drop them if you get consistently low transfer rate or poor response.

This isn't a home wifi, this is mid level enterprise stuff.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
so lite version is better and less expansive ? why?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Dec 8, 2012
987 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary
zdpz wrote: but if you know what you are doing you can reduce the gain
just buy non-LR version :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2504 upvotes
BC
L4cky wrote: so lite version is better and less expansive ? why?
Dennisrfd wrote: just buy non-LR version :)
No, the AC-LR does have a longer range for both transmit and receive, you don't need to lower the power, the issues people had with clients not being able to send data back to the AP were with the old single-band UAP-LR, the UAP-AC-LR does not have the same issues!

Edited to add: take a look at the antenna radiation patterns here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles ... %20overall
Last edited by Kwirky on Sep 21st, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
Dennisrfd wrote: just buy non-LR version :)
I have the UAC Pro and the LR, and I get WIFI in the park behind my house lol.

5GHz throughout the entire 2,400 sqft house, and now I'm going to buy the latest high security one, the one above HD, it has dedicated antenna for monitoring suspicious activity.

I have their G3 Camera, really neat and cheap monitoring with free software for life.

I use their Edge X router to do the VLans.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
ce shows 149$, no more 119$..
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)