Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Directv Now

[INCLUDED STEPS FOR CANADA] Apple TV 4K 32GB for $73 USD (After BeFrugal Credit - includes 3 months of Directv Now)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 9:40 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
firetvcube wrote: So did you try the new Fire TV Stick 4K for DTVN? Did it work?
Sorry, forgot to reply. It kind of worked. I could stream fine but I was getting local channels from LA instead of New York. Because I have the GPS spoof on my Apple TV I can specify New York as my location which means I get more local channels than if it thinks I'm in LA.

I think the LA location issue is because of Smart DNS routing me through LA DNS server, even though I'm in Ontario.

Bottom line: it works, but I can't get NY locals.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
Can anyone confirm it working with the Shield? I was thinking of signing up to this. Also, how's the quality? I used to have the dtv satellite, is it on par with that? No chance they have 4k channels ? lol
Dec 18, 2018
1 posts
What have you used to pay for this in Canada because it requires and American address and card what’s a good way of getting over that little speed bump
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
Giugiu wrote: What have you used to pay for this in Canada because it requires and American address and card what’s a good way of getting over that little speed bump
I'm using a US Paypal account which is linked with a Canadian credit card. I use the zip code / postal code trick so I can use my Canadian credit card.

Jan 1, 2019
16 posts
14 upvotes
mazarane wrote: For anyone with an Apple TV 4K I was able to spoof my location using Windows 10 and VMware to install macOS. I then used Xcode to spoof the GPS location.

Really was pretty simple aside from a couple problems I had.

First the PC I'm using has a G4400 Intel processor that needed a line of text added to the vmx file. cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101"

Second the guide I used didn't specify in the settings for the network adapter of the virtual machine needed to be changed from NAT to VMnet0. Without that setting the PC didn't see the Apple TV 4K. If you are using on older Apple TV with a cable connection then this wouldn't matter.

This is what I used.

How to Install macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 on VMware on Windows
iOS 11 Hack: GPS Spoofing / Fake Location with Custom GPX files (no jailbreak required)

I have to see how long the spoof will last so if anyone who has done this already can share their knowledge be much appreciated.
Hi I have recently moved from Chicago , Can you help me with Apple 4k setup , my VMware doesnt detect my apple tv wireless,asking to trust the vmware but trust popup doesnt come on either TVOS or Iphone. Also does Apple tv need to spoof both location and DNS or just location alone is good enough for DTVN App.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
KrystiL878462 wrote: Hey how do I get to work on my roku tv
DirecTV Now is only available in the US on Roku. I believe you can convert a Canadian Roku device to a US version using a US VPN and a factory reset of the Roku device. I've successfully converted a Canadian Amazon Firestick to US model using this method.

Mar 26, 2017
375 posts
191 upvotes
I'm on week three of using my Canadian Credit Card (3 different trials) while watching Direct TV on my nvidia shield.
Works 10/10!

I was paying for beast TV before this.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote: I'm on week three of using my Canadian Credit Card (3 different trials) while watching Direct TV on my nvidia shield.
Works 10/10!

I was paying for beast TV before this.
That's great! I ended up cancelling mine as they wouldn't renew the $10 / mnth that I was previously paying. Cheapest plan now is $40 US.

Mar 25, 2008
38 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener
Did anyone get Direct tv now to work on apple tv 4k with location on. Help me please. Lol
Nov 17, 2006
211 posts
28 upvotes
Just looking for an update from anyone still subscribed to DTV Now...I bailed once they Geo-blocked Canada and I couldn't watch with Smart DNS.....And I was on the GO BIG promo....but gave it up...:(....I'm sure I could get it back....but........

Is it working for anyone here in Canada? How?

How are you watching? (VPN or DNS?)

What devices (ATV/Roku/NVIDIA) are you using?