Expired Hot Deals

[Directv Now] [INCLUDED STEPS FOR CANADA] Apple TV 4K 32GB for $73 USD (After BeFrugal Credit - includes 3 months of Directv Now)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 9:40 am
Sep 24, 2013
49 posts
22 upvotes
Its two weeks since mallbox shipped my item. Checked with canada post but nothing there. Feels like item is coming from China:(

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
2/22/2018 4:31 PM Shipment In Transit to Destination Hauppauge, NY
2/21/2018 4:23 PM Shipment Scanned At Processing Facility Hauppauge, US
2/21/2018 4:23 PM Arrived at Processing Center HAUPPAUGE,NY
2/16/2018 9:06 PM Enroute To Regional Processing Facility Globegistics, US
2/16/2018 5:06 PM Customer Data Received Globegistics, US
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14818 posts
5876 upvotes
Gatineau
kingofqueen wrote: Its two weeks since mallbox shipped my item. Checked with canada post but nothing there. Feels like item is coming from China:(

2/22/2018 4:31 PM Shipment In Transit to Destination Hauppauge, NY
2/21/2018 4:23 PM Shipment Scanned At Processing Facility Hauppauge, US
2/21/2018 4:23 PM Arrived at Processing Center HAUPPAUGE,NY
2/16/2018 9:06 PM Enroute To Regional Processing Facility Globegistics, US
2/16/2018 5:06 PM Customer Data Received Globegistics, US
What city/province do you live in?

As that would be unexpected if you live in Quebec/Ontario.

djino
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14818 posts
5876 upvotes
Gatineau
As soon as I received my ATV this past Tuesday, I went into my Directv account the following morning to remove the recurring monthly fee that was to take place May 16th.

Last night, I received the following offer to discount the service by $25/month (making the base $35 plan $10/month for the 3 months beginning May 16th). I'm tempted to accept it. Though the only channel I really watch on Directv is AMC, so that I can watch "The Walking Dead" live as it airs for everyone else. I just don't know if paying even $10/month is worth it.

djino
Jan 12, 2013
586 posts
542 upvotes
Halifax
djino wrote: As soon as I received my ATV this past Tuesday, I went into my Directv account the following morning to remove the recurring monthly fee that was to take place May 16th.

Last night, I received the following offer to discount the service by $25/month (making the base $35 plan $10/month for the 3 months beginning May 16th). I'm tempted to accept it. Though the only channel I really watch on Directv is AMC, so that I can watch "The Walking Dead" live as it airs for everyone else. I just don't know if paying even $10/month is worth it.

djino
I’m waiting for this offer to appear as I did the same. For $10 a month I would say it’s great value for me at least...

On another note I used a different mail forwarding service (Planet Express). I was in a bit of a rush to get my ATV. It’s due to arrive today via DHL express. The original ship date from DirecTV was Feb 21, so pretty speedy overall. Although I did get hit with customs. I figured I would since DHL is notorious for it ($105 declared value).
Dec 17, 2017
173 posts
73 upvotes
TBBA29 wrote: I’m waiting for this offer to appear as I did the same. For $10 a month I would say it’s great value for me at least...

On another note I used a different mail forwarding service (Planet Express). I was in a bit of a rush to get my ATV. It’s due to arrive today via DHL express. The original ship date from DirecTV was Feb 21, so pretty speedy overall. Although I did get hit with customs. I figured I would since DHL is notorious for it ($105 declared value).

That sucks, I’m sorry you had to pay customs. Do you mind sharing how much you had to pay cutoms?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
15840 posts
4572 upvotes
Scarberia
so i checked my cc and i was billed 135.56cdn! that sounds right? also had to pay around 10cdn via paypal for shipping to mymallbox
so 145$cdn no including the 32$usd cb via befrugal ..i prolly won't even use the appleTV much as i don't think i can JB without big hassles, i don't have a mac , was really hoping it came with a usb cable/port but i guess apple didn't want it to be JB like the earlier gens
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
May 21, 2012
69 posts
NORTH YORK
Guys offtopic, does anyone know how to watch Voodoo or Express IPTV on ATV?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14818 posts
5876 upvotes
Gatineau
TBBA29 wrote: I’m waiting for this offer to appear as I did the same. For $10 a month I would say it’s great value for me at least...

Yup. DHL/UPS are notorious for custom fees. That sucks.

djino
Jan 12, 2013
586 posts
542 upvotes
Halifax
Dealz101 wrote: That sucks, I’m sorry you had to pay customs. Do you mind sharing how much you had to pay cutoms?
$37.52 CAD - unsure how it’s broken down as duties, taxes, and/or fees tho.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2005
1213 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: You were supposed to declare the value prior to paying for shipping. There was an option there to set the appropriate package value. If you didn't set one, then what is being used is what mymallbox indicated.

djino
Ooops, I didn't see that part. I think default was $10...hopefully none of us get in trouble for underestimating the value of the AppleTV
Jan 12, 2013
586 posts
542 upvotes
Halifax
mike_leafs13 wrote: Ooops, I didn't see that part. I think default was $10...hopefully none of us get in trouble for underestimating the value of the AppleTV
Pretty sure the "worst" they could do would be take the retail price of the Apple TV and make you pay duties and taxes on that. I mean I guess they could hold your package for a while too, but they aren't going to send it back, they want the revenue.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10654 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
tmcpnet wrote: Guys offtopic, does anyone know how to watch Voodoo or Express IPTV on ATV?
can you even download stb emulator onto the ATV? I don't think you can....
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
May 14, 2017
156 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary, Ab
tmcpnet wrote: Guys offtopic, does anyone know how to watch Voodoo or Express IPTV on ATV?
nasa25 wrote: can you even download stb emulator onto the ATV? I don't think you can....
StalkerTV app from Apple Store! $4.99
I've bought the app yesterday and I'm waiting for voodoo reseller answer to try it out!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10654 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Hernani81 wrote: StalkerTV app from Apple Store! $4.99
I've bought the app yesterday and I'm waiting for voodoo reseller answer to try it out!
ah yeah you can use stalker with a userid and password as opposed to stb emu which is mac based....good call...
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Sep 24, 2013
49 posts
22 upvotes
djino wrote: What city/province do you live in?

As that would be unexpected if you live in Quebec/Ontario.

djino
nevermind I just received my ATV:)
May 14, 2017
156 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary, Ab
For someone still buying it, there's one more trick to avoid state taxes!
The zip code trick for a friend of mine, placed him on Santa Monica, CA 90401! On DIRECTV billing he put like that and was charged an extra $10.50 for taxes! I've changed just the state to KY (Kentucky) and he was not charged and the payment accepted! That means that as long the zip code trick gives you a valid 5 digits, you can chose an exempt state and avoid the extra $10.50 Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1616 posts
621 upvotes
Can anyone confirm you can permenantly install kodi on this after jailbreak? Looking online, the only thing I found said it worked on 4 so it MIGHT work on 4K, but nothing else.
May 14, 2017
156 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary, Ab
funnypanks wrote: Can anyone confirm you can permenantly install kodi on this after jailbreak? Looking online, the only thing I found said it worked on 4 so it MIGHT work on 4K, but nothing else.
You don't even need to jailbreak to install Kodi!
Buy a Apple developer account for $99 a year and install Kodi in as much as 100 Apple TV boxes, or buy one of the sideloads Kodi apps for $25-$40!
Sep 12, 2008
57 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville
kingofqueen wrote: nevermind I just received my ATV:)
Did your tracking ever get updated beyond Hauppauge, NY on any of the sites such as Globegistics, USPS or Canada Post? I'm stuck at this:

2/26/2018 9:11 AM Shipment In Transit to Destination Hauppauge, NY
2/23/2018 4:24 PM Shipment Scanned At Processing Facility Hauppauge, US
2/22/2018 12:36 PM Enroute To Regional Processing Facility Globegistics, US
2/22/2018 8:36 AM Customer Data Received

USPS shows:

On Its Way to USPS
February 26, 2018 at 9:11 am

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

HAUPPAUGE, NY 11788