------------------------------------------------

Get to Know Discgear!

Nove 23 - 30, 2007

Purchase a Discgear
Selector 50FX (reg. $38.00)
for Only $16.00!
ORDER 2, and We'll Pay the Shipping!

Order Now, Before Stock Runs Out...

Live in Toronto? We have local pickup through one of our partners.

LINK

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I don't have a picture to upload.

Cheers,
29 replies
Sep 4, 2006
380 posts
2 upvotes
Saskatoon
I've seen something similar at princess auto surplus(which has cheaap stuff) and it was nowhere close to this price.. probably close to $30 at least. This is pretty good, gonna pick a few up for presents.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11814 posts
15032 upvotes
How does this thing work? And do you have a choice of color?
Have a nice day!

Dec 21, 2002
144 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary, ab
I got a 100-disc version of this a while back, and have been very impressed with it. I went from 5` of slim cases, to 2' of organized goodness. :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6936 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
How does the label indexing work?
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8389 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
what you dont see in the picture is a bottom tray that slides out which has a printed label for you to write on for the 1-50 items. you move the tab slider on the face to the number you want and then hit the eject bar, the top pops open with your item up high.
Dec 21, 2002
144 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary, ab
Actually, the label is hidden under the top piece of plastic. If you look hard, you'll note the little pull-tab at the bottom of the Discgear graphic.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2004
192 posts
36 upvotes
Ogata wrote: How does the label indexing work?
You go online to discgear.com and organize your titles for free (rather than buy the software for $20 i think). then you print it out.

Look at the top of the unit, you will see a clear plastic covering. the list of 50 cds/dvds goes underneath the plastic so its on top of the unit.

I have the 100fx, and it's easy access to dics..
iFlex
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7399 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
I remember buying one of these things from a previous Dell DoD. Can't remember the price though.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11814 posts
15032 upvotes
Bordello wrote: I remember buying one of these things from a previous Dell DoD. Can't remember the price though.
It was $29.99 for a 100 dvd unit. Can you give a review for it? How is it?
Have a nice day!

Oct 24, 2005
884 posts
14 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have 6 of the 100FX version and they're awsome. It's super easy to organize all your discs. You don't need to alphabetize them manually. You just insert your discs in whatever order you want, and enter each disc on their website with their respective slot number. Then you can order the list alphabetically and print it off. Then you just look at the list and find the disc you want, it will give you the slot number. Just move the little selector lever to the appropriate number, and it will raise the disc for you, ready to grab.

I love these things.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8389 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
Smite wrote: Actually, the label is hidden under the top piece of plastic. If you look hard, you'll note the little pull-tab at the bottom of the Discgear graphic.

oh I'm sorry my older one is a bit different then :)
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11814 posts
15032 upvotes
I ordered 4 of them. They accept Paypal.
Have a nice day!

Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6572 posts
3519 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
These look great,but what if you wanna add a new disc to your collection,alphabetically?????(Which seems to be the point of having this system anyways)
Wouldn't you have to take out all of the other discs from that point on and
shuffle 'em down a spot?????

This sounds like a re-organizing nightmare if you constantly add to your collection,otherwise nothing will be in order.
Too bad it doesn't have a way to unlock the tray & re/re with a new blank from the end,thus keeping everything alphabetized.> :(