Home & Garden

Discontinued Lutron Connected Bulb Remote available on Amazon.ca!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2018 11:24 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10182 posts
2804 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Discontinued Lutron Connected Bulb Remote available on Amazon.ca!

Discontinued by Lutron, I've contracted them and they said they have some stock for warranty replacements and can make them available to their distributors and they did!
Days later, it was available to be ordered from Amazon.ca, they are not cheap at $36.xx.

Buy it while it last (may only have 4 since I said I'll be buying <5, ordered one already)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B014STZASK

Some sellers on ebay are selling them for hundread of dollars, crazy!

If you wanna screw it to an existing gang box in-lieu of a switch, you'll need a $9 bracket sold at HD, currently $10 on Amazon.ca.
Alternatively, it can also be stuck to the wall flush and use a multi-gang wallplate.

If you like the screwless look but don't want to spurge $5 on a Lutron wallplate, the Eaton/Copper can be found for $3 at your local HW store (Reno/Rona, HD carries Leviton, perhaps at Lowes?)

These zigbee remotes can be used to control one or a group of lights on your ST/SmartThings and Wink hub and even toogle light modes I've read.
2 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10182 posts
2804 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Correct, before, you couldn't even order it.
It's not in stock on homedepot.com, removed on homedepot.ca and bestbuy.ca, out of stock everywhere else.