• Jul 22nd, 2020 9:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1862 upvotes
Scarborough

Discontinued roast beef and rotisserie chicken subs from Subway menu

Checked the menu on their site and didn't see the roast beef or the rotisserie chicken:

https://www.subway.com/en-CA/MenuNutrition/Menu/All

Quite a few sources online saying they discontinued these and many upset customers over that:

https://www.businessinsider.com/subway- ... enu-2020-6
44 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1862 upvotes
Scarborough
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Easy solution, head over to Firehouse Subs and get this:

https://www.firehousesubs.ca/our-food/h ... oast-beef/

Once you try Firehouse you'll never want Subway, Mr. Sub, or Quiznos again.
I know. Though most of them are located outside the Toronto east area specifically. I know there are a few out in Durham region, though it'd be nice to have one in the Scarborough area.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4224 posts
3729 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote: I know. Though most of them are located outside the Toronto east area specifically. I know they're a few out in Durham region, though it'd be nice to have one in the Scarborough area.
We only have 3 out here in Durham (Ajax, north Whitby, and Oshawa), and that's a much larger area than Scarborough. Two in Markham if you just go north.
They are not going to be as ubiquitous as Subway. Kind of like how Five Guys will never be as ubiquitous as McDonald's.
If you want quality, don't expect convenience. Although where I live, conveniently Firehouse and Five Guys share a parking lot with Costco...
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Jul 8th, 2020 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friendly reminder: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1862 upvotes
Scarborough
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: We only have 3 out here in Durham (Ajax, north Whitby, and Oshawa), and that's a much larger area than Scarborough. Two in Markham if you just go north.
They are not going to be as ubiquitous as Subway. Kind of like how Five Guys will never be as ubiquitous as McDonald's.
Yeah I know, I saw one up in Stouffville and Markham nearby. Though either way it's just as far out from my area being all the way down by the lake in the heart of Scarborough. A good 20km at least either way to get to one. Maybe next time when I get to go by either side I can drop in to check it out.
Jun 4, 2006
565 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
I just had firehouse last week, it was pure bliss. It's worth the drive to at least try it once Strafe1.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15926 posts
3438 upvotes
Toronto
Thankfully there is a Firehouse sub @ Keel & St. Clair. More locations would be nice though.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3260 posts
1352 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't get Toronto, a million independent pizza joints but not one decent sub shop. Chubby's and Bellybusters don't even deserve to be on the map and they don't even offer a comparison to how Quiznos subs were, not sure a bout Firehouse but I've seen their subs and they look amazing!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15926 posts
3438 upvotes
Toronto
OrangeBerry wrote: I don't get Toronto, a million independent pizza joints but not one decent sub shop. Chubby's and Bellybusters don't even deserve to be on the map and they don't even offer a comparison to how Quiznos subs were, not sure a bout Firehouse but I've seen their subs and they look amazing!
Firehouse is there to really shake things up. It's too bad many of the ma and pa sub shops have vanished over the years.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3260 posts
1352 upvotes
Scarborough
playnicee1 wrote: Firehouse is there to really shake things up. It's too bad many of the ma and pa sub shops have vanished over the years.
If I had the money I'd open one up, once you master the bread it's smooth sailing. Most of the remaining independent sub shops use "Toronto Bread" subway loafs, they have no niche, no desire to be popular. I just cannot go back to those places.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1862 upvotes
Scarborough
playnicee1 wrote: Firehouse is there to really shake things up. It's too bad many of the ma and pa sub shops have vanished over the years.
It is very bad that all of those great mom n' pop submarine places are a thing of the past. My dad used to often go to one that was originally at Warden Woods Mall/Power Centre under the name of The Pantry Deli or something along the likes of that. Maybe The Pantry Shelf. It was run by an old Greek guy who'd really load on the meat onto his handcrafted subs he'd make for you. He moved it out to Cedarbrae Mall some years later. Didn't work out much long and he shut it down. Was quite up there in age as well. It was by where now sits The Source and the dental clinic by it right at the furthest end by the No Frills.

There was also another shop that offered 2 for 1 subs at around $8-$9 total at Kennedy/Eglinton in the NW plaza by the Chung Moi. It was called Sub Wing and was run by a couple of nice Brit blokes. One of them was a really big guy. Good stuff and memories from there.

There was The Butler's Deli at the food court in Eglinton Square. Though the go-to for me and my friends from school during lunch hour those days was at Mr. Sub for a footlong roast beef!

You had Druxy's Deli and Cultures all over many food courts in the major malls around the city.

There's Shopsy's Deli which was near Harbourfront IIRC.

Gone are those days.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27298 posts
12922 upvotes

And then there's this guy.
$10ish for that at the sandwich nazi in Vancouver (Surrey)

Speaking of which, I should go visit. I haven't had a sandwich and some partial nudity in a while.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1862 upvotes
Scarborough
death_hawk wrote: Image

And then there's this guy.
$10ish for that at the sandwich nazi in Vancouver (Surrey)

Speaking of which, I should go visit. I haven't had a sandwich and some partial nudity in a while.
Oh yeah, I remember that place you posted sometime ago. Funny guy that is running the place.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5477 posts
2715 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn, I think my heart just stopped after seeing all that salty cured meat and cheese...