356 upvotes
Gatineau, qc

Discount Same Day cargo van $18.95, unlimited km

Deal Link:
Price:
$18.95
Retailer:
Discount
After reserving a car with discount, this offer came up. Considering that RFDers sometimes buy great items and then realize their "civic" cant handle that 65" screen tv or king size mattress, figured it would be worthwhile sharing with those of you who,like me, just need a van for half a day once in a while.

Details are below.

$18.95 Cargo Vans and $39.99 Cube Vans from Sunday to Thursday with unlimited kilometres. Taking advantage of this great rate is easy! When making your online reservation, be sure to choose same day pick-up and drop-off times within business hours. Check the hours of operation for your local Discount Car and Truck Rentals location.

RESERVE VEHICLE
Same Day Truck Rental Terms and Conditions

Applies to same day (pick up and return on the same day) rental of any cargo or cube van occurring from Sunday to Thursday. Optional items such as CDW, PAP and refueling charges will be applied at the rate applicable to the vehicle. Vehicle licensing fees, taxes and local government surcharges are extra. 48- hour advance notice reservation required. This discount may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or offer. Renter must meet minimum age requirements and provide a valid drivers license and major credit card. Valid at participating Discount Car and Truck Rentals locations. Offer is subject to change without notice. Blackout periods may apply. Subject to individual location hours. Please check your location store hours.

Collision Damage Waiver is required for this rental, unless proof of transferable coverage can be provided.
12 replies
Mar 14, 2009
473 posts
680 upvotes
Halifax
the_cid666 wrote: Collision Damage Waiver is required for this rental, unless proof of transferable coverage can be provided.
Watch out for this part. They will ask for it (at least they have me) and IIRC it's about $75/day once CDW is added. Luckily my personal car insurance for rentals covers cargo vans/trucks but many policies will not.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4706 posts
4416 upvotes
Toronto
This is an awesome deal considering Home Depot and Rona charge $19 for 90 minutes to rent their vans. The only issue with this would be the additional stop to Discount before going to the hardware store and your home, so it's easier to just use the hardware store's van if you know you'll be well under 90 minutes.
Jun 12, 2010
680 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
$25/day for CDW I believe.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2005
1730 posts
363 upvotes
Ajax
dillybravo wrote: Watch out for this part. They will ask for it (at least they have me) and IIRC it's about $75/day once CDW is added. Luckily my personal car insurance for rentals covers cargo vans/trucks but many policies will not.
which insurance company are you with, i know most policy dont cover
May 17, 2008
544 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
This has been around for a year or two now. Hertz also offers the same deal, but it's not advertised online; you'll have to call your local commercial truck location directly (I believe).

The last timed I tried to book one with Discount they had a three week wait.
Mar 14, 2009
473 posts
680 upvotes
Halifax
chenj16 wrote: which insurance company are you with, i know most policy dont cover
Desjardins
Jun 12, 2010
680 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
dillybravo wrote: Desjardins
I believe that's passenger vehicle rental only. Not commercial
Mar 14, 2009
473 posts
680 upvotes
Halifax
mike229 wrote: I believe that's passenger vehicle rental only. Not commercial
Not my endorsement, I checked it out thoroughly. I forget what the value/GVWR limit was but these cargo vans were fine. I don't know that you could use it for commercial use but I was using it for personal use.

The policy is underwritten in Alberta however, I'm not sure about Ontario policies.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19178 posts
3395 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Your credit card insurance won't cover this.

For those of us in BC, ICBC covers rental commercial vehicles up to 5000kg GVWR. I don't think there's any cargo vans with a GVWR that high. 1-ton vans usually a GVWR of 10000lbs so they'd be fine.
Jun 7, 2013
5 posts
gta
OPCF 27
Liability for Damage to Non-Owned Automobile(s), and Other Coverages When Insured Persons Drive, Rent or Lease Other Automobiles
Any automobile with a GVWR of 4,500 kg ( 9920 lb) or less

Discount's Cargo van looks like 2017 GMC Savana Cargo
it's GVWR is 8600.00 lbs or 9600 lb, so it is less than 9920 lb of OPCF 27.

Don't forget to bring the car insurance policy full papers showing OPCF 27.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)