• Dec 21st, 2010 3:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
214 upvotes
Surrey

Discount Tire, Bellingham (WA) - Excellent Customer Service

So, I bought some winter tyres from Costco and wanted to put them on new rims to save the expense of changing over each year, with Costco putting the new winter tyres on the new rims then installing them on my car. Ordered some rims though the Discount Tire web site based on that company's suggestion for my particular make, model etc. Took the rims to Costco and they advised they were the wrong rims and ended up putting my winter tyres on the OE rims.

Returning to Canada, I phoned the Discount Tire regional office about 4:30pm Friday afternoon, expressing my concerns. Someone from the Bellingham store phoned on Saturday to follow up and after some discussion we made an appointment to come down to look at the rims and change over if necessary.

To cut a long story short, the guys at Discount Tire Bellingham provided excellent service. Turns out the rims were correct, although I did need different lug nuts (I had been told incorrectly). They provided new lug nuts and changed over the winter tyres to new rims...all at no cost to me. After seeing that level of service, I regret not buying my tyres from there also.

A big thumbs up for the staff at Discount Tire in Bellingham, and their Washington State office. Very impressive resolution to a problem.