Expired Hot Deals

Discount Tire Direct (DTD) + NO TAX + Free Shipping (NEW PROMO: DEC 2 ONLY)

Poll: How satisfied are you with your tire/rim purchase?

• Total votes: 153. You have voted on this poll.
Very Satisfied, I saved $$$

49%
I want more car parts/accessories deals

14%
From now on, I am shopping only in US

16%
I rather pay more and shop local

20%
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls

Discount Tire Direct (DTD) + NO TAX + Free Shipping (NEW PROMO: DEC 2 ONLY)

[IMG]http://www.discounttiredirect.com/image ... esWide.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.discounttiredirect.com/image ... lsWide.jpg[/IMG]

Current promotions
http://www.discounttiredirect.com

To Place your order, follow these simple steps below:

1) Order your tires @ Discount Tire Direct and have them shipped to any local Installer in USA. See Recommended Installer below or to CBI if you want to pick them up and have them installed @ Walmart or to take them back to Canada.
2) If you are shipping your tires/rims to a local installer in USA, wait for tracking number which you will receive via e-mail. From the Tracking number you will find out the exact delivery date of your tires/rims.
3) Call the Shop/Installer on the day when your tires/wheels are to be delivered and make an appointment for installation. (Try to do it within week or so, the shop is not your storage facility)
4) Drive in for your appointment, get your tires/rims installed. (Don't forget your WHEEL LOCK(S) if you have one)
5) Fill out your rebate(s) forms etc and have them sent via registered mail (if you are submitting them via snail mail). This will cost you ~ $4 dollars US or less and you will get a tracking number.
The post office (USPS) is located 10 min away from the Niagara Falls, Ontario border @ 9860 Niagara Falls Blvd. 14304
*For rebates that are for Canada and US use your Canadian address, for US only rebates, use your US address. Most of them are applicable to both. DTD rebates can now be submitted ONLINE! For manufacture rebates, you will have to send them via mail.
Submit your US rebates via CBI address. That's what I use and so far I've gotten all sorts of rebates from US companies including but not limited to: NCIX USA, Macy's, DTD, G-Oil Car Oil, Netgear etc.

Discount Tire Direct ships to Canada for additional cost. They are able to provide you with your final price including HST and delivery charges.

Discount Tire offers FREE Mounting & Balancing - Available on All Tire and Wheel Packages

When you purchase tires and wheels together, we offer mounting and balancing at no additional charge.
Q. What is mounting?
A. Mounting is the process of putting your new tires on your new wheels which requires the use of specialized equipment. At Discount Tire Direct, we have the latest and greatest equipment to do the job right.

Q. What is balancing?
A. When a tire is mounted onto a wheel, two slightly imperfect units are joined to form an assembly. The chances of this assembly having absolutely precise weight distribution are virtually impossible. Balancing is the process of equaling weight distribution on a tire/wheel assembly to give your vehicle a smooth ride.

What do I need to do to have a positive experience?

1. Check with installer that they can receive your tire(s)/wheel(s)
2. Confirm pricing i.e. Mounting & Balancing (per wheel)

List of Recommended Installers (Courtesy of TireRack): http://goo.gl/euAwfl

Google Doc Directory with list of Recommended Installers Close to Canadian Boarder (BETA):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
Please help me design the template so that everyone can update the list.
759 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1687 posts
396 upvotes
Montreal
ok but how do you get the prepaid visa card??

Do they ship the card together with the tires, or is it mail out seperately (like a mail-in rebate, that you get 3months later)
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3420 posts
1171 upvotes
BC
West Coast is outta luck on this one?
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Feegus wrote: West Coast is outta luck on this one?

this deal is the best only when you can drive to US and have it installed there. They do ship to Canada, but remember, uncle Sam will add 15% on top of that and you might have to pay for shipping and other nonsense FedEx fees.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
BobyYoo wrote: ok but how do you get the prepaid visa card??

Do they ship the card together with the tires, or is it mail out seperately (like a mail-in rebate, that you get 3months later)

They will mail you the card. I ordered my tires by phoning in. You will provide them the ship to address for your tires and for your visa card you can provide a different address. Fill out the form or do it online.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Forgot to add, These guys price match Tire Rack :)
May 18, 2009
296 posts
153 upvotes
Richmond
Good deal, jumped a while ago when it was $50 off instantly instead of a $100 visa.

That being said, the $50 (~$350 total) was enough such that the border guys weren't anal enough to make me pay tax or duties

Might have to pay if it was more expensive.

Picked up in PR.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
zevnux wrote: Good deal, jumped a while ago when it was $50 off instantly instead of a $100 visa.

That being said, the $50 (~$350 total) was enough such that the border guys weren't anal enough to make me pay tax or duties

Might have to pay if it was more expensive.

Picked up in PR.

I even do oil changes in Niagara Falls, NY while I am shopping. :D hehe and yes, if tires are expensive they will make you pay tax.
Dec 2, 2010
126 posts
178 upvotes
GTA
Got any ideas how to bring wheels back up?
I understand driving down with worn tires and installing new tires there...
But I don't have any rims to throw away ):
Aug 24, 2003
909 posts
121 upvotes
gvrd
oh man

I just made an appointment for tomorrow at discountire.com to get tires/installation. Not discounttiredirect.com

arg...
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ArchLibra wrote: Got any ideas how to bring wheels back up?
I understand driving down with worn tires and installing new tires there...
But I don't have any rims to throw away ):

bring one tire at a time in ur spare compartment :D
Dec 2, 2010
126 posts
178 upvotes
GTA
andriykoua wrote: bring one tire at a time in ur spare compartment :D

^ LOL. I think gas will run more than the $200 shipping to Canada :(
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ArchLibra wrote: ^ LOL. I think gas will run more than the $200 shipping to Canada :(
What I am saying is, if you go there often like I do. At least 1 or 2 a month. I am not suggesting making 3 additional trips to pick up your used tires. :) Let's put it this way, You can by really expensive tires for almost half the price in US. And if you need to pay tax, then pay it. You are still saving f lot of money.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2806 posts
202 upvotes
GVR
How do you get them to pricematch? Do you call in or do you put a comment upon checkout? Never dealt with them before.
My Heatware - My Heatware
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
coolman217 wrote: How do you get them to pricematch? Do you call in or do you put a comment upon checkout? Never dealt with them before.

call in and do it over the phone. They are very professional. Remember Tire Rack charges for shipping so what they do is, they add shipping tot he cost and then discount it. So at the end, it is still cheaper. Plus you get all your rebates etc.